Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Does apple keep beta 3 online within the dev portal? switched from a 6 to a 6+ and my beta3 downloaded is for the 6...

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, I meant that I bet it's the only part of iOS8 they're working on.

We saw the same thing with 8.1 and ApplePay, they didn't focus on anything else beside ApplePay. iOS 8.2 is for AppleWatch.

They probably don't want to #*($ up the AppleWatch launch, so they're doing everything they can to ensure it goes off well.

I suspect the big improvements and bug fixes are coming in iOS 8.3 or iOS 9.

People are fed up in general but they're not giving up yet. If Apple doesn't start taking stuff seriously with iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, we're going to have some serious issues.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
I don't know which bugs I am having but I want them to fix those bugs in next beta or public release. :cool:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I Was On iOS 8.2 Beta 3 But I Wanted To Go On 8.1.2 But I Knew If I Restored To 8.1.2 Then I Couldn't Restore Because The Backup Is On An Older Firmware So I Download 8.1.2 IPSW & I Plugged My Phone Into iTunes & Hold Down Shift & Clicked On Check For Updates Then The Window Comes Up, Select The 8.1.2 IPSW & It Gonna Update. Wait For It & When You're iPhone Restarts You Should Be Good. Thats How I Found My Way Around It, Hope It Helps You.

I tried this to downgrade and had all manner of interesting problems. I ended up having to restore to the last backup I did with 8.1.2 to get my phone back to normal.

So yeah, this doesn't always work. Oh and by the way, you don't have to capitalize every word in a sentence. Just the first one is sufficient. :)

kring

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
Major Bug

Found a major bug - email ignores the default account and sends your mail from an accounts of it's own choosing... careful if you have multiple accounts you may want to confirm which account is sending your emails.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Hmm may want to take a closer look at what was addressed with 8.1. Certainly more than ApplePay. And this is only what was listed. There are always more under the hood items not published.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_iOS

Yes, there are minor fixes and such, there always are but none of which fixed the bigger issues that's facing iOS 8 such as the networking, keyboard issues, iPhone 6+ crashes, and so on.

iOS 8.1 was more like 8.0.1 but they pretty much renamed it to 8.1 because it has one big focus, which is ApplePay. Same thing for iOS 8.2, no major improvements on any of the big issues from what I've see and its main focus is AppleWatch. Yes, it will have a long list of minor fixes, that's just progress from improving the code and so on but we're not seeing any evidence of major refactoring to fix the core issues.

What a lot of people are waiting for is the "iOS 7.1" style of refactoring that focus on fixing the core issues, not the "single big feature plus minor fixes" that is 8.1 and 8.2.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Guess Apple stops signing the older beta releases? Can anyone confirm?

Keep getting an error 14 when attempting to restore beta 3 to my ipad.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Guess Apple stops signing the older beta releases? Can anyone confirm?

Keep getting an error 14 when attempting to restore beta 3 to my ipad.

Yep they no longer is signing Beta 3.

I rolled back from Beta 4 to 8.1.2 due to the facebook issue. 8.2 is to unstable right now for me as I use Facebook a lot.

:eek:

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
iOS 8.2 Beta 4 Bug Fixes And Changes

I'm still on beta 3. Will anything happen to my phone ? I didn't wanna update because I updated before and I didn't like the bugs beta 4 has.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I'm still on beta 3. Will anything happen to my phone ? I didn't wanna update because I updated before and I didn't like the bugs beta 4 has.

This is a VERY good question. Beta Software is timebombed. It has a death / end date and if you reach that date the phone will shut down and display the recovery graphics!

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
So I should just update to beta 4 then so that doesn't happen? Because I don't want to go back to 8.1.2 because I can't restore from the beta 3 backup

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
So I should just update to beta 4 then so that doesn't happen? Because I don't want to go back to 8.1.2 because I can't restore from the beta 3 backup

Yes this would be my suggestion. I did the same thing even though I was having Facebook issues.

Be aware that once you install Beta 4 there is no going back as Beta 3 is no longer signed.

If I were you I would update to 4 really no choice!

:cool:

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
Yes this would be my suggestion. I did the same thing even though I was having Facebook issues.

Be aware that once you install Beta 4 there is no going back as Beta 3 is no longer signed.

If I were you I would update to 4 really no choice!

:cool:

Yea that's the main reason I went back to beta 3 because beta 4 has issues with Facebook but yea I'm going to update to beta 4 then. I'm doing it now

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yea that's the main reason I went back to beta 3 because beta 4 has issues with Facebook but yea I'm going to update to beta 4 then. I'm doing it now

8.1.1 had issues with Facebook (on my 6+) and they vanished with 8.1.2
It will be annoying if they return with 8.1.3

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
Kind of, doesn't seem 100% though

Mine is hit and miss. There are times when I open it and it works fine, but most of the time I still have to close it out, wait a minute or 2, then open it again to get anything to load.

My non-appearing keyboard on iMessage quick reply fixed itself today though. That one makes no sense to me.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
Facebook It's still not working for me either it takes forever to load. I wanna just downgrade to 8.1.2 but I tried it already and I lost everything and I can't restore from beta 4 update. Is there any other way to downgrade without losing anything at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.