Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Official release notes:
This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.

Apple Watch support
-New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
-New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
-Available on iPhone 5 and later

Health app improvements
-Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
-Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
-Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
-Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
-Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
-Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
-Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
-Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed

Stability enhancements
-Increases stability of Mail
-Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
-Improves stability of Music
-Improves VoiceOver reliability
-Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug fixes
-Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
-Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn't autocorrected
-Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
-Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
-Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
-Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
-Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
-Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
-Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
-Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
-Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
-Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as 'Busy' after accepting an invite

Bugs
-important bug: on ipad, even if facetime is off, if "iphone cellular calls" is on (while facetime is off), you can initiate calls
-For iPhones with Lithuania set region still shows currency for litas, while from 2015 January changed to euro currency
-lock screen shows blank music controls instead of time
Cjw0Sl5.png

Last edited:

fabytmHD

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Romania
Not able to rotate between portrait and landscape while in notification centre anymore on the 6+! Seems like a good decision, as this was one of the only areas where the 6+ would lag a bit.. Other than that, seems smoother overall!

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Wow, just a quick check but they seem to have fixed something that has been driving me up the wall since 7.x

Now, when I am using the music app, and turn it landscape, it doesn't change to some random album song list.

Of course it doesn't do anything (it should show current artwork in landscape like the iPad) but I'll take nothing over "makes no sense" any day.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Wow, just a quick check but they seem to have fixed something that has been driving me up the wall since 7.x

Now, when I am using the music app, and turn it landscape, it doesn't change to some random album song list.

Of course it doesn't do anything (it should show current artwork in landscape like the iPad) but I'll take nothing over "makes no sense" any day.

Not here. My 6 is still switching to my entire music collection album art view. Are you on a 6+?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone noticed any improvement with text selection and use of cut/copy/paste in Safari?

As far as I can tell, for me at least, it's still quite inconsistent as it was before (as of iOS 8.0), but perhaps other have had other experience with it so far in iOS 8.2.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anyone noticed any improvement with text selection and use of cut/copy/paste in Safari?

As far as I can tell, for me at least, it's still quite inconsistent as it was before (as of iOS 8.0), but perhaps other have had other experience with it so far in iOS 8.2.

Yeah sorta weird acting. Only selects a single word then in some paragraphs does nothing at all. Can use the bullets to drag and select more but sorta annoying to have to do that. Maybe next time.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Still can't clear iCloud Tabs in Safari.

Probably not iOS 8.2 related, but I asked Siri when the Apple Watch comes out. He (I use the male voice) gave me all the relevant dates for pre-order and release dates.

macrumors4leo

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
3rd Party Keyboard in Spotlight & Messages

Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it seems that the 3rd party keyboards (at least SwiftKey) are appearing every time that Spotlight or Messages is brought up. Prior to this, I would constantly have to force quit the app, or start up another app that does allow for the keyboard to come up.

So happy about this so far, so I hope I'm not wrong. It's a little sluggish on Spotlight still, and you can't write a review in the App Store but at least it appears where I was using it most.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
This option wasn't available in 8.1.3, however it's turned on by default in 8.2

Should have been more clear: after clicking motion and data nothing showed... Now it does

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 393

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Did they fix the battery percentage drops from 61 to 59%, 31 to 29%, and 16 to 14%? And can you still see the statusbar elements when viewing/zooming a picture message inside the messages app? Or are they STILL there? :)

andrewhl

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like the greyscale Spotlight graphical glitch has finally been addressed. I think this is the first version that fixed that but I may be wrong.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Did they fix the battery percentage drops from 61 to 59%, 31 to 29%, and 16 to 14%? And can you still see the statusbar elements when viewing/zooming a picture message inside the messages app? Or are they STILL there? :)
Need to keep an eye on those percentages to see if they are fixed.

As for the status bar still being there when viewing/zooming a picture from the Messages app, it looks like that's been addressed.

----------

Looks like the greyscale Spotlight graphical glitch has finally been addressed. I think this is the first version that fixed that but I may be wrong.
Did that one only appear after enabling/disabling some accessibility settings (like grayscale and/or reduce transparency)?

andrewhl

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
Need to keep an eye on those percentages to see if they are fixed.

As for the status bar still being there when viewing/zooming a picture from the Messages app, it looks like that's been addressed.

----------

Did that one only appear after enabling/disabling some accessibility settings (like grayscale and/or reduce transparency)?

Yes, that bug happened upon turning greyscale on and then pulling down the spotlight menu on 8.1.3. Seems to be fixed now. And I can also confirm the messages photo viewing / zooming status bar issue has FINALLY been addressed!! :)

rza49311

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2007

Status bar elements appear to be gone. At least on my iPhone 6.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014

16-14 hasn't been fixed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 500

Dominick624

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2014
I'm not sure if it's because I restored my phone from an iCloud backup to get to 8.2, but now right now, my battery usage is showing me "Battery usage in the last 2 hours."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.