Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Already found one. Turning on do not disturb on the home screen puts the moon a tad to the left on the status bar.

That's where the Location arrow shows up. Try toggling your Location services on and off to see if that helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 204

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Everything feels... the same on the 4S except for double click for multitasking, that feels really smooth now :)

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I've still got the GMT bug on all my devices with iOS 8.2 (mine always default to Berlin CET), even though I'm in the UK.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Has the show all contacts Siri bug on the lock screen long been eradicated in recent updates??

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Why does every iOS update insist on re-enabling bluetooth after device boots up? :mad:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why does every iOS update insist on re-enabling bluetooth after device boots up? :mad:
Most do, but not all. No one really knows why, although there are plenty of theories. Ultimately it's a setting to double-check after an upgrade.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Most do, but not all. No one really knows why, although there are plenty of theories. Ultimately it's a setting to double-check after an upgrade.

I think it's because AirDrop requires Bluetooth and Wi-Fi also the Apple Watch now needs Bluetooth

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Apple posted their list as well:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204423

Glad no-one picked up on the Reboot-by-SMS bug. that one would really have been nasty if an exploit was made/let loose in the wild.. and still might be if the 8.1.x signing window is still open..

BL.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
iOS 8.2 Bug Fixes And Changes

Hey guys, sorry for being OT, but I got my apple watch! Ok, back on topic....

3629d3773ee160927bc2ef23821abe8d.jpg

I guess I do have a bug to report about the apple watch....doesn't seem to be connecting to my iPhone 6+. I think it's a software issue in iOS 8.2.

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hey guys, sorry for being OT, but I got my apple watch! Ok, back on topic....

I guess I do have a bug to report about the apple watch....doesn't seem to be connecting to my iPhone 6+. I think it's a software issue in iOS 8.2.

That Apple watch you have will soon be rotten to the core...

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Very minor but I like that the circles on Dynamic Wallpaper appear much faster after the update, specifically after exiting apps.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
I'm having a CoreTime bug I could scroll down forever it literally logs every minuet. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 356

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I noticed an awesome change!

If you turn on "Do not disturb" for a Messages conversation, you no longer get any notifications AT ALL for that conversation. Before you'd get no sound or vibrate, but you'd still see a banner or lock screen notification. Now you don't see ANYTHING from that conversation and have to actually go into Messages to catch up on it.

This is great for when you're having a spammy ongoing conversation but temporarily don't want it to bother you while you're doing other things.

Came in here just to say this. PRAISE.

That almost sounds more like a bug fix since given the concept of DND there shouldn't have been any type of notifications (aside from perhaps a badge update and/or notifications appearing in the notification center).

Honestly, I think the original thought was to just shut down the audio, because it kept talking about "muting" notifications, not turning them off. I'm glad they fixed it though because just muting it seemed almost pointless to me. Phew. That was one of my biggest issues. I can wake up some day with 700+ texts in a group chat.

skiii024

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
I noticed an awesome change!

If you turn on "Do not disturb" for a Messages conversation, you no longer get any notifications AT ALL for that conversation. Before you'd get no sound or vibrate, but you'd still see a banner or lock screen notification. Now you don't see ANYTHING from that conversation and have to actually go into Messages to catch up on it.

This is great for when you're having a spammy ongoing conversation but temporarily don't want it to bother you while you're doing other things.

I actually dislike this, I group chat with buddies and like to see notifications but without 100 vibrations a minute... I think there should be an option to silence a text and still receive notifications.

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
Fixes an issue where an individually dismissed reminder in NC would erase all reminders from NC.

Slawth

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
Anyone else having problems downloading apps?

Yes. 6 plus- haven't been able to update or purchase any apps since the update... It begins the purchase or the update and immediately stops and the "purchase" or "update" button reappears.

Joined specifically to research this. I have also had unresponsive screen issues.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Anyone else having problems downloading apps?

Yes. 6 plus- haven't been able to update or purchase any apps since the update... It begins the purchase or the update and immediately stops and the "purchase" or "update" button reappears.

Joined specifically to research this. I have also had unresponsive screen issues.

iTunes/App Store has been having problems since 2am. Prob why you can't download anything atm.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
iTunes/App Store has been having problems since 2am. Prob why you can't download anything atm.

Bloomin' annoying. I set my phone to restore my backup whilst I was sleeping last night, and awoke to a partially restored 6+. It all needs wiping and doing again, groan.

FloridaGary

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
iOS 8.2 Bug Fixes And Changes

Installed OTA and no issues. If you don't use Bluetooth, the update will turn it back on and affect your battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.