Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
iOS 8.2 Bugs, Fixes And Changes

My iPhone 6 is freezing up badly after 8.2

It usually happens only when I open an app and it doesn't happen every time. When it does happen, the app loads and everything, but the phone freezes up and I can't do anything for 5 seconds or so. Then I guess the app closes and I just relaunch.

Apple, get your crap together!!!!!!!!!!!!

As another poster said, even I am beginning to wonder why I put up with this crap from them. They need to quit releasing stuff until it's ready.

It's sad when Microsoft's betas seem more stable than Apple's released code. :/

Maybe Apple's public betas will help them. They need help :(

KSRX

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
Kiev, Ukraine
Coretime.ips

coretime.ips crash logs generating every day with full information about hour by hour situation. Same like stacks+backboard on iOS 8.0.*

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
The new mail app is great! :D
The first picture is what it looked like when I tried to open mail by tapping on the the icon. The second one is multitasking after I tried to open it.

omTxjIx.png

ezpmAwz.png

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
Is anyone else's iPhone 6 freezing constantly? It's only when launching 3rd party apps. I don't think the stock apps exhibit this.

The apps launch like normal, but they hang up. Sometimes they crash, and I relaunch them. Sometimes if you wait a good 5 seconds, they'll unfreeze. Then, often they won't do anything at all. I have to press the home button and then the phone quickly takes me to the home screen and back into the app almost immediately without me tapping on it.

This update is very very strange, and I'm not seeing anyone mention this type of behavior. I'm afraid I'm the only one and I'll have to restore my phone. Eeeek!!!!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Is anyone else's iPhone 6 freezing constantly? It's only when launching 3rd party apps. I don't think the stock apps exhibit this.

The apps launch like normal, but they hang up. Sometimes they crash, and I relaunch them. Sometimes if you wait a good 5 seconds, they'll unfreeze. Then, often they won't do anything at all. I have to press the home button and then the phone quickly takes me to the home screen and back into the app almost immediately without me tapping on it.

This update is very very strange, and I'm not seeing anyone mention this type of behavior. I'm afraid I'm the only one and I'll have to restore my phone. Eeeek!!!!

I've had occasional freezing with every version of iOS8 and it's mainly whilst web browsing. 8.2 reduced this massively but it's still there for me.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
iOS 8.2 Bugs, Fixes And Changes

Hmm I take back what I said about the stock apps not freezing up my phone. I just opened safari and it immediately froze.

Geez is this how Apple gets beta testers? Lol they make the public release so buggy that it drives us to participate in betas.

I am only joking, but I am so fed up with 8.2 that I'm actually considering joining the test just to get my hands on 8.3

Maybe their betas from now on will be more stable than any of the iOS 8 final releases we've had thus far.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I can't say I am impressed with the fact I have an Apple Watch app on my phone. You can't delete it for some odd reason unless I am missing something? Surely this is something that should be available if you buy the watch? It seems like forced marketing to me.

I bet a majority percentage of iPhone owners won't even buy the device so it's totally unnecessary other than for advertising purposes. Not impressed with that bit but welcome the other fixes in the update.

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Six months into iOS 8 i can't even get the seamless scrolling that was a trait from Apple.

I have tried iPhone 6, 6 Plus, Air 2, 4s on iOS 8 and scrolling stutters everytime doing something as simple as scrolling down from Artist view. (Seems to have bumps on the usually flat road of the scrolling)

To me this is not acceptable nor understandable and for the first time ever i'm thinking in quitting Apple altogether and switch to something as flawed but cheaper. I paid for things to just work.

iOS 8 just does not work by my standards.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I can't say I am impressed with the fact I have an Apple Watch app on my phone. You can't delete it for some odd reason unless I am missing something? Surely this is something that should be available if you buy the watch? It seems like forced marketing to me.

I bet a majority percentage of iPhone owners won't even buy the device so it's totally unnecessary other than for advertising purposes. Not impressed with that bit but welcome the other fixes in the update.

You can just put it together with the rest of the stock Apple apps that can't be removed and you don't use.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Six months into iOS 8 i can't even get the seamless scrolling that was a trait from Apple.

I have tried iPhone 6, 6 Plus, Air 2, 4s on iOS 8 and scrolling stutters everytime doing something as simple as scrolling down from Artist view. (Seems to have bumps on the usually flat road of the scrolling)

To me this is not acceptable nor understandable and for the first time ever i'm thinking in quitting Apple altogether and switch to something as flawed but cheaper. I paid for things to just work.

iOS 8 just does not work by my standards.

The auto-scroll has slightly improved for me in terms of it not stuttering when auto-scrolling in a list (such as the app store etc), but it's not consistent. I don't get 60 fps every time and still stutters more than it should. It's better with 8.2, but it's still not good enough.

The weather app is still atrocious though. Lag town 101.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Not sure if anyone already reported it, but turning off fitness tracking does.. Well, nothing.

Correction, it keeps your dashboards from updating on the fly.

But the second you turn it back on, all your steps get updated immediately.

I just paused it, rode my mountain bike 10 miles, then turned it back on.

2000+ steps instantly added.

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013
I think there's a new help dialog when you try to rearrange your home screen icons.

It's about 8 lines long and it has a dismiss button.

I forgot to take a screenshot of it when it happened.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
It seems sound is broken in iOS 8.2

It is in my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 anyway.

caZYneF.png

This is what I have it set to but if I turn off the screen whilst still in an app or I get a notice or text the volume is set to what I had it in app. :rolleyes:

Suspended
Oct 1, 2014
anyone else getting this issue:

If by, "this issue", you mean the audio playback widget appearing on the Lock Screen, and indicating that it's in Play mode, but not actually playing anything, and not responding to taps to Pause, then: yes, I've had this since iOS 7 with at least two apps, though it usually (always?) has the name of the app above it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.