Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cbird520

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
It doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem on their iPhones? My iPhone 6 plus has a problem with the spotlight search. As I pull down the background loses color and becomes gray and pixelated, as the status bar stays blurred and in color?

BearsFan4Life88

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2014
Somebody explain to me why after all these releases the animations and overall smoothness isn't on par with iOS 7.1.2??? iPhone 5 and 5S user here.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I love how even on my Air 2, scrolling through the music app is still choppy as all hell as is coverflow on the iPhone.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I'm having a CoreTime bug I could scroll down forever it literally logs every minuet. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

I am also experiencing this, it is pretty long, Also started again today (I originally did a clean restore) it took about 20-23hrs for it to start (from the time of install) i was also getting these on 8.2 beta 5..... Wonder if anyone knows what they are

BTW iPhone 6+

also happening on the wife's iphone 6 two coretimes one from yesterday and another from today

Last edited:

DanGoh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2014
Somebody explain to me why after all these releases the animations and overall smoothness isn't on par with iOS 7.1.2??? iPhone 5 and 5S user here.

Lol. You sound really annoyed. But I agree. That's why I kept my Air on 7.1.2.

szastan

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
Gdansk, Poland
Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it seems that the 3rd party keyboards (at least SwiftKey) are appearing every time that Spotlight or Messages is brought up. Prior to this, I would constantly have to force quit the app, or start up another app that does allow for the keyboard to come up.

So happy about this so far, so I hope I'm not wrong. It's a little sluggish on Spotlight still, and you can't write a review in the App Store but at least it appears where I was using it most.

well sorry to say this, but just today Swype didn't show up on spotlight screen in my case. It was also lacking smoothness while appearing as always. So I'll wait for 8.3.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Updated OP with bugs.
Arhhh Apple updates keeps me anoying more and more. There are bugs which are being ignored and it can't be fixed for nearly a whole year.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Not even 24hrs since my second "clean restore" on 8.2 never jetsam never happened on the first. This is getting old very fast! Why do us Apple users put up with this sheet!

Guess I'll go back to 8.1.3 today FFS!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 209

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not even 24hrs since my second "clean restore" on 8.2 never jetsam never happened on the first. This is getting old very fast! Why do us Apple users put up with this sheet!

Guess I'll go back to 8.1.3 today FFS!

Aside from seeing the entires in the log, is there any actual effect on anything that's related to them?

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Aside from seeing the entires in the log, is there any actual effect on anything that's related to them?

Yes apps crashing, turns the screen black (I can still see icons) and then the wallpaper comes back all happens within a few seconds

ScholarsInk

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone else been unable to download since the update? I have neither been able to update apps nor download from iTunes.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Has anyone else been unable to download since the update? I have neither been able to update apps nor download from iTunes.
There was a problem most of the day yesterday, but otherwise seems like it works.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I noticed an awesome change!

If you turn on "Do not disturb" for a Messages conversation, you no longer get any notifications AT ALL for that conversation. Before you'd get no sound or vibrate, but you'd still see a banner or lock screen notification. Now you don't see ANYTHING from that conversation and have to actually go into Messages to catch up on it.

This is great for when you're having a spammy ongoing conversation but temporarily don't want it to bother you while you're doing other things.

I noticed this too, I love it. chain text with my fantasy football/march madness guys and they get annoying after a while.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
8.2 bugs for me:

Spinning data wheel in Safari on most occasions I use the browser, and on all websites I visit. I don't even think this issue is website specific.
Copy/paste issues in Safari.
More than 50% of the time, calendar notifications disappear as soon as they pop up. I don't have a chance to cancel or snooze them.

Here is my diagnostics log for the 48hrs since my clean install:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
8.2 bugs for me:

Spinning data wheel in Safari on most occasions I use the browser, and on all websites I visit. I don't even think this issue is website specific.
Copy/paste issues in Safari.
More than 50% of the time, calendar notifications disappear as soon as they pop up. I don't have a chance to cancel or snooze them.

Here is my diagnostics log for the 48hrs since my clean install:

[url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/sunking101/F8916A54-C04B-452D-B0AD-D38B40474589.png]Image[/URL]
Experiencing the same things, although while I didn't have any Jetsam events in the logs I suddently stated to have at least some everyday since a few days before 8.2.

That said, when you experience the spinning data/activity wheel in Safari on different sites, do you only have one tab open or do you have other sites loaded in other tabs?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Experiencing the same things, although while I didn't have any Jetsam events in the logs I suddently stated to have at least some everyday since a few days before 8.2.

That said, when you experience the spinning data/activity wheel in Safari on different sites, do you only have one tab open or do you have other sites loaded in other tabs?

Just the one tab mate, sometimes two. I've radically altered my browsing habits since getting the 6+.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just the one tab mate, sometimes two. I've radically altered my browsing habits since getting the 6+.

Interesting. With me it's usually some page in one of the tabs. I'll close one or two tabs and the spinning wheel will go away (usually when I close MacRumors).

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Interesting. With me it's usually some page in one of the tabs. I'll close one or two tabs and the spinning wheel will go away (usually when I close MacRumors).

It could be just the websites I visit; a couple of newspapers, MacRumors, another forum and then of course some general Googling. There are occasions when the spinning wheel isn't present, on the exact same sites, but those occasions are very few and far between.

Suspended
Oct 1, 2014
I posted this in the general iOS 8 bugs thread, but maybe it's better here.

In the Music app, on the Albums tab, albums that are compilations show "Unknown Artist" instead of "Various Artists" for the artist, unless the Album Artist tag is explicitly set as, "Various Artists". I'm pretty sure this is new to 8.2.

In the Videos app, movie art isn't always shown for certain files, just a grey box containing a greyer widescreen TV and the filename. iTunes has no problem displaying the same art.

Also, I've just noticed that music videos appear in both the Videos app and the Music app, and in the Music app, an album consisting entirely of music videos has its cover art correctly displayed. Meanwhile, in the Videos app, I get grey boxes for all of them, not even a still from the video.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Why the f Apple has chosen such a delay on home button double clicking? It takes ages for open/running apps to occur. Such a stupid decision by them... it gets irritating after a while.... also launching apps that are open in the background like messages, phone etc takes ages....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.