Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
E-mail address can now be unchecked in Settings > FaceTime without having to disable iPhone Mobile Calls. Previously, you needed to check your e-mail address as well to turn on iPhone Mobile Calls (it would switch off by itself).

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I noticed an awesome change!

If you turn on "Do not disturb" for a Messages conversation, you no longer get any notifications AT ALL for that conversation. Before you'd get no sound or vibrate, but you'd still see a banner or lock screen notification. Now you don't see ANYTHING from that conversation and have to actually go into Messages to catch up on it.

This is great for when you're having a spammy ongoing conversation but temporarily don't want it to bother you while you're doing other things.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

If you turn on "Do not disturb" for a Messages conversation, you no longer get any notifications AT ALL for that conversation. Before you'd get no sound or vibrate, but you'd still see a banner or lock screen notification. Now you don't see ANYTHING from that conversation and have to actually go into Messages to catch up on it.

This is great for when you're having a spammy ongoing conversation but temporarily don't want it to bother you while you're doing other things.

That almost sounds more like a bug fix since given the concept of DND there shouldn't have been any type of notifications (aside from perhaps a badge update and/or notifications appearing in the notification center).

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011

My Pebbles battery will last so much longer now if this is true!

Baseballdad

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
This option wasn't available in 8.1.3, however it's turned on by default in 8.2

Should have been more clear: after clicking motion and data nothing showed... Now it does

Thanks. Didn't even noticed that when I rechecked all of my settings.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Already found one. Turning on do not disturb on the home screen puts the moon a tad to the left on the status bar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 225

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Already found one. Turning on do not disturb on the home screen puts the moon a tad to the left on the status bar.

Mine (on Verizon iPhone 6) appears right next to the battery indicator/percentage or the alarm clock icon if I have that enabled.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Still good on my iPhone 5S, no complaints. If it kills the bugs, I'm happy.

Seems snappier and less laggy on my iPhone 5 (compared with another iPhone 5 on 8.1.3)

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
My iPad 3 is back from darkness times of 8.1.3. I can use it again without swearing at every single action.
No changes on my iPhone 5S. Good as always.

spedney

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2007
Norway
Voice Dictation has problems

Using voice dictation to write messages in UK English.
- The process stops abruptly very often, while still dictating.
- Occasionally dictated phrases appear twice.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
iPhone 6+ after being on 8.2 for awhile I've noticed screen becomes unresponsive at times while scrolling only lasts a second or two but never happened on 8.1.3

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Also fixed the keychain bug.
If you used to copy a password from settings-safari-passwords & auto fill and paste it into safari or another app when you go back to settings you couldn't click passwords again to show the list, nothing would happen. You had to go 1 step back in the settings menu and than back to passwords to be able to click passwords and see the list again. Now it works without going back 1 step first in settings. Quite small bug but was annoying of you copy and paste passwords regularly.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
Not here. My 6 is still switching to my entire music collection album art view. Are you on a 6+?

Yes. Just checked again. The music app does not change orientation in landscape mode.

I actually used to lock orientation to get around the glitch.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

No issue here on Verizon iP6 either. Try and set an alarm and toggle it on and off and see if it moves. Yours looks like its where it would be if you had an alarm set and the clock icon was there. Like it just didn't move back after turning off alarm.

digitalfailure

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
My 5s on O2 in the UK keeps telling me that an accessory is not supported since 8.2 even though it's not connected to anything!

Rather annoying when it pops up in the middle of doing something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.