Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Stick it in a folder with all the other 'useless' stuff. We can complain all we want but it seems Apple has no intention of making these apps deletable.

Apple will probably wait a couple more years and sneak it into a future update when people have already given up on it. That seems like the theme of their recent releases.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
QuickReply iPhone bug

with the amount i have already been using quick-reply on my 5s i am SO DISAPPOINTED with this bug...how are more of us not pissed offf hahah we gotta deal with it for 2 or 3 weeks...C'Mon man:apple:

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Google is so much better at flat design....

Sad, but true. Apple is confused...

I find this funny/interesting because /r/Android has seen a lot of complaints about the new flat design and how it's ugly.

Personally, so far I prefer Apple's flat design to Android - though I don't like the current fad of flat + white space galore. It's very harsh and glaring to my eyes.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
with the amount i have already been using quick-reply on my 5s i am SO DISAPPOINTED with this bug...how are more of us not pissed offf hahah we gotta deal with it for 2 or 3 weeks...C'Mon man:apple:

cause it's a beta and not official release, there isn't really anything for anyone to get pissed off at. You shouldn't be using it on your main phone

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
cause it's a beta and not official release, there isn't really anything for anyone to get pissed off at. You shouldn't be using it on your main phone

Im not? Yet the device i do use it on when i get a text message, not being able to use an entire row of buttons is quite annoying don't ever tell people what they should or shouldn't do w/ something apple unless your name happens to be Steve Jobs but being that he is somewhere more peaceful than this earth and this forum; you take your cynicism elsewhere.

Seandroid

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Canada
iPhone 4S can't handle Handoff? That's the most dumbest excuse I've ever heard from Apple if this is true. There is literally no reason why it wouldn't work. Can't handle it my ass. Unless it relies on the same thing that AirDrop uses I guess.

It does... The 4S doesn't have Bluetooth LE.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Apple fan speaking.
Wouldn't post if I didn't care.

But what does Apple have against buttons?
We have fingers. Fingers press buttons.

Beauty and minimalism are beginning to ruin the UI,
bit by bit. IOS7 was a step in this direction, but the
systematic murder of borders and lines in the design
is making things generally more difficult to use and
figure out quickly.

Now it's more "fumble around the thin text". Press and
swipe until you get it to work. Usability is the U in UI.
Let's get back to intuitive design people. This is not M.O.M.A.
That depends from person to person. Because I actually found iOS 7 a step in the right direction. Not only because of the all-new design, also because it's more intuitive in my opinion. With iOS 8, Apple continues on making iOS even more easy-to-use.

It does... The 4S doesn't have Bluetooth LE.
Uh yeah, it does have Bluetooth 4.0/LE. Go to the 'Cellular and Wireless' section right here and you will see that all iPhones that support iOS 8 share the same Bluetooth-technology.

But I guess it's WiFi Direct what the iPhone 4s misses. Still quite strange, because I've seen the switch for Handoff from iOS 8 beta 3 on it.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
Wrong, the 4s HAS bluetooth LE (aka 4.0). What it doesn't have is direct WIFI. That's why it misses AirDrop.

Knowledge, dropped.

----------

i have so many devices, I'm gonna start leaving one on the previous beta so i can side by side compare; my dumbass is always like UPDATES ?!?:apple::apple:?!? let me get my jizz rag....

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
That depends from person to person. Because I actually found iOS 7 a step in the right direction. Not only because of the all-new design, also because it's more intuitive in my opinion. With iOS 8, Apple continues on making iOS even more easy-to-use.

Uh yeah, it does have Bluetooth 4.0/LE. Go to the 'Cellular and Wireless' section right here and you will see that all iPhones that support iOS 8 share the same Bluetooth-technology.

But I guess it's WiFi Direct what the iPhone 4s misses. Still quite strange, because I've seen the switch for Handoff from iOS 8 beta 3 on it.

The handoff option was there on Beta3 but now it isn't, in use the only things that work are the SMS messages and calling people from your contacts list on the Mac using the iPhone, the safari/mail handoff never worked for me even though it was enabled.

A weird bug has presented itself though with the SMS sending from the Mac since the latest updates, the Mac can receive SMS and see what I've sent using the iPhone, however when I try to type a reply on the Mac it won't send at all whereas it did before.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
The handoff option was there on Beta3 but now it isn't, in use the only things that work are the SMS messages and calling people from your contacts list on the Mac using the iPhone, the safari/mail handoff never worked for me even though it was enabled.

A weird bug has presented itself though with the SMS sending from the Mac since the latest updates, the Mac can receive SMS and see what I've sent using the iPhone, however when I try to type a reply on the Mac it won't send at all whereas it did before.

Dammmmmmmnnnn----SMS on Yosemite DP 4 is ****ed up :mad::mad: when you hit send the text just disappears and no message is sent.

----------

http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/21/ios-8...gnition-to-keyboard-dictation-video/?pushup=1

i like it.

Virtua1

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2014
User interface going to the flat dogs...

Apple fan speaking.
Wouldn't post if I didn't care.

But what does Apple have against buttons?
We have fingers. Fingers press buttons.

Beauty and minimalism are beginning to ruin the UI,
bit by bit. IOS7 was a step in this direction, but the
systematic murder of borders and lines in the design
is making things generally more difficult to use and
figure out quickly.

Now it's more "fumble around the thin text". Press and
swipe until you get it to work. Usability is the U in UI.
Let's get back to intuitive design people. This is not M.O.M.A.

While I agree there are aspects of iOS 7 that are aesthetically pleasing, I tend to end up in the "too many wasted white pixels" camp when it comes to design. When thin text, massively simplified icons, and over-extensive white space goes too far, as it seems it is going, the interface becomes devoid of meaning.

The metric I am using is personal, and the time I have spent teaching others simple tasks on iPads has greatly increased since the dawn of iOS 7.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Dammmmmmmnnnn----SMS on Yosemite DP 4 is ****ed up :mad::mad: when you hit send the text just disappears and no message is sent.

----------

http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/21/ios-8...gnition-to-keyboard-dictation-video/?pushup=1

i like it.

Ahhh not just me then, thats exactly the problem for me. If you notice any you receive still come through and any you send direct from the iPhone still show up in the conversation window on yosemite, its just sending them direct from the Mac that fails.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
While I agree there are aspects of iOS 7 that are aesthetically pleasing, I tend to end up in the "too many wasted white pixels" camp when it comes to design. When thin text, massively simplified icons, and over-extensive white space goes too far, as it seems it is going, the interface becomes devoid of meaning.

The metric I am using is personal, and the time I have spent teaching others simple tasks on iPads has greatly increased since the dawn of iOS 7.
That 'white space' can be made less white if you want. Just go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast and turn on Reduce White Point. It makes the white more dark. :p

I like the white. In the middle of the night it can be a bit disturbing, but with Auto Brightness on my iPhone makes sure that it's not too bright for me. Overall it just looks fantastic IMO. Also, I don't really find the icons 'simplified'. They might look like that, but it's better than those Android icons. Or even better, the icons from iOS 6 and before. xD

Again, it depends from person to person. Know a lot of people who love the flat design from iOS 7, and I know a lot people who hate it. Well, life goes on, right? :)

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
Ahhh not just me then, thats exactly the problem for me. If you notice any you receive still come through and any you send direct from the iPhone still show up in the conversation window on yosemite, its just sending them direct from the Mac that fails.

yeah exactly.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
I am certainly appreciating the stability enhancements but I'm not sure I care about some of the aesthetic and gesture changes this round.

I haven't tried MMS/SMS/iMessage yet so can't speak if that got any better.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
been running through everything---ipad mini 1 16gb wifi only has crashed about 3 times in an hour, and my iPhone 5s 16gb has crashed about 2 times in an hour. Seems to be the moniker for #beta4

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
Is anyone having the problem since updating where, when trying to quick reply to a text, they are unable to touch any keys on the bottom of the keyboard?

I can't access numbers, emojis, space bar, et cetera. I'm on a 5S.

They want you to upgrade to the 5.5 so you can see the whole keyboard.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
been running through everything---ipad mini 1 16gb wifi only has crashed about 3 times in an hour, and my iPhone 5s 16gb has crashed about 2 times in an hour. Seems to be the moniker for #beta4
Maybe a restart will help? Or when even that doesn't work, you might want to try a complete reinstall of iOS 8 beta 4.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
Maybe a restart will help? Or when even that doesn't work, you might want to try a complete reinstall of iOS 8 beta 4.

ehhhhhhhh its possibly cuz I'm on their marginal devices--either way ill minimally peruse beta 4 for now and if in a couple days i'm the only person experiencing the issue then that sounds like a plan.

frodo

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2001
OTA directly from Beta 2 to Beta 4?

My dev Mini is still running Beta 2 - is it known whether the Beta 4 will be available over the air to these devices, or if I'd need to update to Beta 3 first?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.