Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Apparently Apple are tweaking widget guidelines again. Shoot had to be updated because it only had a single quick access button. I'm not sure if this will affect quick post apps or not...

There isn't a settings page within the app, and apparently you can't put widget settings just on the iOS Settings area, so that's why the toggle is there. They did a nice job integrating the photo.

IMG_2092.PNG IMG_2093.PNG

I have been loving the ExtDownloader widget. It's my most used. Heh.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Apparently Apple are tweaking widget guidelines again. Shoot had to be updated because it only had a single quick access button. I'm not sure if this will affect quick post apps or not...

There isn't a settings page within the app, and apparently you can't put widget settings just on the iOS Settings area, so that's why the toggle is there.

How do you know that the developer of Shoot by ProCam had to adjust the widget because of a request by Apple?
How did the original widget look like? With Launcher like apps i'm able to launch the ProCam app with shoot:// but not specific settings but probably the developer could also supply that to e.g. Launcher developer so you can also open specific settings from the Shoot app via another widget such as Launcher, iLauncher or Launcher Pro.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
How do you know that the developer of Shoot by ProCam had to adjust the widget because of a request by Apple?
How did the original widget look like? With Launcher like apps i'm able to launch the ProCam app with shoot:// but not specific settings but probably the developer could also supply that to e.g. Launcher developer so you can also open specific settings from the Shoot app via another widget such as Launcher, iLauncher or Launcher Pro.

It was in the release notes.

It was just a single button that would launch the app.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Is something wrong with it as it is? Seems to be working fine (at least tr widget part of it) in iOS 9 betas so far.
There's a few bugs. But mostly no. He said the bug fixes will be in the iOS 9 update. It's been over 4 months since the last update.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Launcher Pro (a look a like of the real Launcher) is now renamed to S Launcher and now also has Apple Watch support. It has a nice option to show permanent small icons for quick settings (e.g. WIFI, notifications) which you can now also adjust. It's free and has no ads. Besides the real Launcher app you now also have some great alternatives such as this one and iLauncher and Go Launcher. See for details the start topic post.

S Launcher | free, no ads + Apple Watch | by Manh Nguyen Tien | official website

zCFcvyl.png

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Launcher Pro itself just updated and folded Music Launcher into it. I don't like how it doesn't show you what's actually playing, but the controls are nice.I was playing with it before the update so have Ecoute stuff in there. Don't like how when you use the custom icon feature that it doesn't keep the artist, album, playlist, etc thing intact.

Some new buttons for battery, disk space (yes, 5% on my iPod, :oops:), calendar, and time too. There's also weather too but I don't have that setup here.

By the way, if anyone cares... I'm using Pixelmator - Made a square canvas, changed the fill to different gradients, and then I'm sticking it into Typorama and playing with its text options. It's decent. I wish the third-party apps had access to our custom playlist images though. That would be great.

IMG_0078.PNG

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Launcher Pro itself just updated and folded Music Launcher into it. I don't like how it doesn't show you what's actually playing, but the controls are nice.I was playing with it before the update so have Ecoute stuff in there. Don't like how when you use the custom icon feature that it doesn't keep the artist, album, playlist, etc thing intact.

Some new buttons for battery, disk space (yes, 5% on my iPod, :oops:), calendar, and time too. There's also weather too but I don't have that setup here.

It's finally here. I was testing this version. It works very nice and indeed includes (a part of) the Music launcher. I would also like to see the artist/track info and where it is in the track.

The other features to show current battery, disk space or weather temperature in the icon is nice but i don't think i would use it.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Really nice new weather app. Didn't find my exact city though.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myweather-10-day-weather-forecast/id1003715695?mt=8

I particularly like the way it handles multiple cities with the "My World" tab. Nice widgets too, not theme based like BeWeather though.

It looks nice. A lot of widget options. I just tried it out and i also couldn't find smaller cities in the Netherlands or e.g. Austria. The nearest city it has is Rotterdam which is +/- 20km away.

I will stick to BeWeather however because of the nice extra information in regards to percentage of rain, mm of rain per day (the next few days) and ofcourse temperature.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I tried it and whilst it find a number of options for Chesterfield they were all in the US and not the UK where i am. I tried Sheffield which is biggest place to us about 12 miles away and it only found places in the US again. Closest i could get was Nottingham which is about 45 mins drive away at least!!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
They've updated My Weather to address some of the location problems. They've always had a feedback button, but they should simplify it, and even stick it in the search area instead.

ExtDownload got a update today. Now it has two buttons that let you download stuff then and there, or add it to a list for later. Some other new stuff in there too.

IMG_0107.png

BTW, it's so lame that you can't send stuff to iCloud Drive from the share sheet in iOS 9. I thought I was going to be able to get rid of that Workflow. :mad:

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
BTW, it's so lame that you can't send stuff to iCloud Drive from the share sheet in iOS 9. I thought I was going to be able to get rid of that Workflow. :mad:

Files (e.g. PDF, DOCX) that you download via the Safari browser or receive via e.g. the Mail app you mean? Hmm that is indeed odd to have it not supported in iOS9 with e.g. Safari.

I'm still on iOS8.4 and i love my Spark e-mail app that helps out a lot with saving attachments and adding attachments to e-mails (see also this topic). Unfortunately that also has it's limitations but will probably improve with future updates (see also the topic for the specific limitations). I'm not in any way powered by this company btw :)

To have a browser alternative to download and save files you could try Documents 5 which has a browser built in which has a download option to the app and then when you opened the file in the app then choose 'Export to iCloud Drive' (2 steps unfortunately) you could use Documents 5 (also from Readdly).

I suppose you are using this Workflow option right?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I am using ExtDownloader for my downloads actually. It’s easier, plus it has the new save to list option.

Workflow tends to not delete stuff as you download to it. I use it to send my photos to iCloud Drive though.

And I use Spark too, heh.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
It would be good if Apple had Touch ID more usable...,. particularly when entering passwords.

TouchID could be used to authenticate key-chain and enter password. That way u only need to enter it once, and any other app u need the same password that uses TouchID, it could be used.

At least on Apple TV, turning on Home sharing is the only place Apple got this... they ask you if u want to use the same AppleID...

Now Apple just needs to do this elsewhere on other devices, with passwords... and TouchID.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It would be good if Apple had Touch ID more usable...,. particularly when entering passwords.

TouchID could be used to authenticate key-chain and enter password. That way u only need to enter it once, and any other app u need the same password that uses TouchID, it could be used.

At least on Apple TV, turning on Home sharing is the only place Apple got this... they ask you if u want to use the same AppleID...

Now Apple just needs to do this elsewhere on other devices, with passwords... and TouchID.

I think you posted this message in the wrong forum topic. We are talking about Notification Center Widgets here..

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I do not see EventsWidget listed in the calendars section. It has become my new favorite calendar widget.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.