Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
With so many useless threads around, I hope no one will get upset about this thread. Yes, I am that desperate for attention and also bored:). Also, wiki the sh** out of it.

iOS 9 GM (build 13A340)

Changes:
  • New alert in Music for "showing only offline music"
  • New Hey Siri setup screen
Fixes:
  • Missing videos have returned
  • Custom keyboards now work again

Bugs:
  • bt external keyboard still cannot turn on an iPad screen (works in iOS8)
  • Settings still opens scrolled down past Airplane Mode (Not for everyone)
  • Slight lag when opening apps
  • App switcher sometimes drops frames
  • Scrolling in Messages is choppy (Esp scrolling in WhatsApp Chats)
  • Control Center lag still present
  • Animation still missing in Messages when going out of the edit view
  • Keyboard rotation is laggy
  • iPad Air 2 Safari hangs, freezes when switching to Private browsing.
  • Documents and Data under iCloud still has overlapping text.
  • Search in icloud app is broken
  • Spotlight unable to find icloud documents

Last edited:

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
So, i restored, no backups, i disabled what I don t need, i let the phone cooldown, unplugged it, basically the whole shebang and ios still works like a dead dog on my 5s. CC lags really bad and the keyboard rotation is laggy.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 754

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
So, i restored, no backups, i disabled what I don t need, i let the phone cooldown, unplugged it, basically the whole shebang and ios still works like a dead dog on my 5s. CC lags really bad and the keyboard rotation is laggy.

Keyboard rotation is fine on my 6, but control center is laggy for me as well. That and the minor stuttering in the multitasking view have been there since beta 1- the multitasking view is a bit quicker than it was in June, but still not as smooth as it was in 8.4.1. Haven't had a chance to test the battery very much yet, so hopefully that goes well.

Other than that, everything is working as expected for me. Knock on wood...

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
Control Center lag still exists on my iPhone 5s and iPhone 6.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 663

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
If you restore from a backup on iTunes that you did not choose to encrypt, then your sensitive data such as passwords and health data will not be restored. iTunes tells you that when creating a backup.
Yep lost lot of info.. well something I learned today... no big deal..

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Whaaaaat? Can anyone else confirm this?
How did you do the upgrade? Restore via iTunes? Restore from an iCloud or local backup?
HealthKit data has been removed with every single iOS 9 beta I've installed, including now with the GM. Steps started counting literally down to the minute when I unplugged from a restore. All previous data is gone. This has happened with every single update, even after restoring.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
If you restore from a backup on iTunes that you did not choose to encrypt, then your sensitive data such as passwords and health data will not be restored. iTunes tells you that when creating a backup.
Passwords are restored if you use keychain and authenticate with either a master password, or another device. HealthKit data though, you're right...backups need to be encrypted. Good spot!

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas

Thanks for this. Even more the reason to stay on the buttery smooth 8.4.1 on my 5s until that is fixed with 9.0.1.

I've already restored twice from the iOS 9 betas because of those things that you mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.