Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
in Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync still shows the old red iTunes logo instead of the new one. When it shows you to connect to iTunes to setup wifi sync.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Same here, tried reinstalling the app and still no notifications.
Hangouts had the same issue but reinstalling the app solved the problem.

I oddly found out I only get notifications when the phone is on LTE instead of Wifi o_O Because I've been on LTE all day and I've been getting them fine, and I get notifications at night when I'm sleeping / not using my phone because it uses LTE instead of wifi when it's sleeping for a while without charging.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I don't know what voodoo Apple has done but its doing wonders for my 6 Plus on 9 GM :D

Just a regular use of my phone like any other day ... used to get 1.5 days before so you can guess.

IMG_0232.PNG

Reactions: I7guy

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Right, that's what I was saying, that it's by design. Just that those options have some information about it as well.

Same thing is happening in iOS 9.1, after 2 hours Siri's feedback voice vanishes. Sucks when you're driving and need that message read right away. During this silence, when you get Siri to read your msg, the screen show who it's from and nothing else.

No way this could be a design, it's a bug for sure.

Last edited:

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
My homescreen wouldn't rotate until I tap the screen on my iPad Air 2. It's been like this since PB 2, and I've already filed a feedback. Any one else experiencing this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Same thing is happening in iOS 9.1, after 2 hours Siri's feedback voice vanishes. Sucks when you're driving and need that message read right away. During this silence, when you get Siri to read your msg, the screen show who it's from and nothing else.

No way this could be a design, it's a bug for sure.
That sounds more than feedback but just Siri not working correctly at all. That seems somewhat different. Can't say I've encountered that or have come across much in the way of people reporting that.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
That sounds more than feedback but just Siri not working correctly at all. That seems somewhat different. Can't say I've encountered that or have come across much in the way of people reporting that.

I think i've figured it maybe, can't confirm it until tomorrow when I drive. When I drive, I always put the iPhone in a leather sleeve, upside down, plugged in and use Siri, since Beta 5 all this has been happening. Tomorrow I'm gonna put it on my mount and use "Hey Siri" like when I need navigation.

Some ppl say they just leave it and eventually Siri comes back, I just restore it from a previous clean back up every time this bug happens to me.

EDIT: Happened again and I wasn't driving :( The only thing I did after restoring was sync it with iTunes, maybe that's the case? iTunes 12.2.2.25 has syncing issues when you restore from a back up from iOS 8.4.1 and 9.0-9.1

Last edited:

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Still unable to select between 120fps and 240fps in the camera app (slo-mo)
Reported it at every beta and it is still missing in the GM build.
iPhone 6

Edit.
It is now in the settings for camera.

Used to be able to switch between the two modes directly in the app.
That's a shame.
29859d60ccec4220bb368d8de5d5c13c.jpg
I found this to be very annoying also! Why take away a handy feature? I'm glad I'm going to be hanging out on 8.4.1.

jrajpaul

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2007
My homescreen wouldn't rotate until I tap the screen on my iPad Air 2. It's been like this since PB 2, and I've already filed a feedback. Any one else experiencing this?

Yes I also have all kinds of rotation issues. Reset all settings solves it though.

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
So I have finally decided to install iOS 9 on my daily driver, an iPhone 6 Plus and here are some of my observations.

- Scrolling in the App Switcher with a dynamic wallpaper on a 6 Plus is embarrassing.
- It's probably just me, but the occlusion effect isn't kicking in. Everything should feel at least it's faster because I have something new in my hand my apparently, that isn't the case.
- The noticeable app opening delay from the previous betas are still here.
- On the first boot, Reachability had a slight 0.5-1 second delay. A bug carried over from iOS 8. This was alleviated by a soft reboot.
- It sometimes takes a full 2 seconds before the App Switcher interface is shown after double pressing the home button or tapping multitasking in AssistiveTouch.
- The San Francisco font may actually look silly for some, but overtime, you appreciate its look for better readability.
- The 2 fingers keyboard cursor gesture from Dev Previews 1 & 2 never made a comeback. Guess these are 6s & 6s Plus exclusive.
- Yes, the phone runs hot initially. Take off any insulator you have on.
- Control Center is unbelievably laggy even with AssistiveTouch disabled.
- If you activate CC from AT, you don't get a bouncy animation. ):
- Tapping NC from AT gives you a faster animation compared to iOS 8.
- Tapping your first 2 locations in Weather brings absolutely no animation.
- iTunes still doesn't report the correct capacity of the phone. A bug carried from almost 6 months ago from iOS 8.3
- You can finally see 60%, 54%, 37%, 30%, 27%, 15%, 12% in battery percentage.
- If you select the purple flower with the background as wallpaper, you'll notice that the text that's on top of the flower have a white ghosting effect for better readability.
- In iOS 7 & 8's App Switcher interface, when you scroll on the app icons instead of the app card preview, you get an instantly fast scrolling animation. In iOS 9, scrolling from the bottom gives you the same slow animation speed.
- Siri's not speaking to me at the moment. Asking him "where's your voice" gives me a "But I'm taking right now" message on screen without vocal feedback. Choosing a different accent regardless of the gender however, gives a voice feedback.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
So I have finally decided to install iOS 9 on my daily driver, an iPhone 6 Plus and here are some of my observations.

- Scrolling in the App Switcher with a dynamic wallpaper on a 6 Plus is embarrassing.
- It's probably just me, but the occlusion effect isn't kicking in. Everything should feel at least it's faster because I have something new in my hand my apparently, that isn't the case.
- The noticeable app opening delay from the previous betas are still here.
- On the first boot, Reachability had a slight 0.5-1 second delay. A bug carried over from iOS 8. This was alleviated by a soft reboot.
- It sometimes takes a full 2 seconds before the App Switcher interface is shown after double pressing the home button or tapping multitasking in AssistiveTouch.
- The San Francisco font may actually look silly for some, but overtime, you appreciate its look for better readability.
- The 2 fingers keyboard cursor gesture from Dev Previews 1 & 2 never made a comeback. Guess these are 6s & 6s Plus exclusive.
- Yes, the phone runs hot initially. Take off any insulator you have on.
- Control Center is unbelievably laggy even with AssistiveTouch disabled.
- If you activate CC from AT, you don't get a bouncy animation. ):
- Tapping NC from AT gives you a faster animation compared to iOS 8.
- Tapping your first 2 locations in Weather brings absolutely no animation.
- iTunes still doesn't report the correct capacity of the phone. A bug carried from almost 6 months ago from iOS 8.3
- You can finally see 60%, 54%, 37%, 30%, 27%, 15%, 12% in battery percentage.
- If you select the purple flower with the background as wallpaper, you'll notice that the text that's on top of the flower have a white ghosting effect for better readability.
- In iOS 7 & 8's App Switcher interface, when you scroll on the app icons instead of the app card preview, you get an instantly fast scrolling animation. In iOS 9, scrolling from the bottom gives you the same slow animation speed.
- Siri's not speaking to me at the moment. Asking him "where's your voice" gives me a "But I'm taking right now" message on screen without vocal feedback. Choosing a different accent regardless of the gender however, gives a voice feedback.

I have the exact same bugs on my 5s, minus the iphone 6 plus ones.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Just a thought - are there any major bugs that people want sorted specifically?
Saw this article on the EFFA https://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/18/apple-engineers-fixing-ios-8/
Apple basically going into War Room mode on iOS launch - and actively scanning social media for issues.

So if there are any specific major ones, going on Twitter etc with them may bring them to the attention of Apple at a time when they're proactively looking to get bugs fixed. Not sure how much they'd be scanning Macrumor forums?

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I think there's an issue with Podcasts in that it's causing excessive battery drain. I listened to a podcast for two hours, picked my phone up and it was extremely hot.
Battery was on 100% when I first started listening. When I picked my phone up, it had plummeted to 32%. Not seeing any battery life improvements so far! Put the beta of 9.1 on after my horrible 9 GM experience and while it's better, the phone is still warm and battery life isn't as good as 8.4.1 and even that wasn't as good as previous iterations!

sapbasis

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
iPad Air. Pages app. Typing is almost impossible, you have to wait about a second after typing each letter because it doesn't record anything in between. Had to use notes app for today's work.

Edit: Same thing happens on an iPhone 6.

I have the same problem on iPad Air 2. Did a quick comparison between Pages and Word. No lag on Word at all. Go figure!

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
I have been running all the developers betas updated from 8.4 up to the GM. I had some UI lag here and there and app delay launch. bad battery. I DFU restored to 9.0 GM yesterday without restoring to a backup. completely fresh. I have installed apps signed into iCloud turned on everything i use. Everything is so smooth now, no app delay launching, Control center is smooth, Notification Center is smooth, better battery life than the betas.

Reactions: flowsy

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
iOS 9 GM:
iPad Air 2
Multi screen swip from right I only get the Calendar app. Doesn't matter what app I'm swiping from to the right the  Calendar is opened.

Do I have a setting set to only view calendar in split screen?
I've restarted. Nothing fixes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.