Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Yes I also have all kinds of rotation issues. Reset all settings solves it though.
Oh great, Reset All Settings just soft bricked my device, it's stuck showing the loading bar. What a great GM! Thanks for helping though lol

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What do you mean?

By the way, I've reset all settings, I think that made it worse...
When usage and standby times are the same (or almost the same), usually that's not normal and means something is constantly running and using up the phone, which shouldn't be happening all the time like that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh great, Reset All Settings just soft bricked my device, it's stuck showing the loading bar. What a great GM! Thanks for helping though lol
Happens with pretty much any other version as there have been reports of that kind of thing in the past as well. These are computers and unfortunately strange things with something crashing or not working right at some point can and do happen. Not to say that is good or anything like that, but it's the reality, and not unique to iOS 9 or even iOS.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I am in love again ! :p:D

IMG_0236.PNG

IMG_0237.PNG

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
When usage and standby times are the same (or almost the same), usually that's not normal and means something is constantly running and using up the phone, which shouldn't be happening all the time like that.

Ah right. Did have my phone on/unlocked the whole time.. But I would've expected to have heaps more battery than what happened as per above.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
iOS 9 is pretty stable for me on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2.
That wiki post bug about the private browsing freeze on iPad is quite weird. Never experienced this issue at all.
iPad Air. Pages app. Typing is almost impossible, you have to wait about a second after typing each letter because it doesn't record anything in between. Had to use notes app for today's work.

Edit: Same thing happens on an iPhone 6.
I have the same problem on iPad Air 2. Did a quick comparison between Pages and Word. No lag on Word at all. Go figure!
Not having much of any lag with Pages. Word is barely faster with typing but mostly unnoticeable.

I am missing quite a few Skype notifications.

Jukens

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Not sure if this was mentioned but iOS 9 GM requires the app closing animation go completely finish prior to allowing any user input such as tapping another app icon. 8.4.1 and prior allowed you to tap an apps icon during the closing animation.

leventozler

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
They've finally fixed (added) "battery empty" screen to 6 Plus, and apple logo no longer flickers during boot.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
iOS 9 is pretty stable for me on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2.
That wiki post bug about the private browsing freeze on iPad is quite weird. Never experienced this issue at all.

Not having much of any lag with Pages. Word is barely faster with typing but mostly unnoticeable.

I am missing quite a few Skype notifications.
i get the pages bug, but I bet that on the 16th we'll get an update that fixes it. Pages is still on the old iOS8 engine.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
If i am running the GM, will i get any prompt to update to the release?

You will not get a prompt. Unless the public release version is a different build compared to the gm. I believe this has only happened once before. Don't quote me on that.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Siri, give me a h... Ups!

Also I don't get news in the proactive screen..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    453.2 KB · Views: 200

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
Search in icloud drive app is broken and also spotlight search don't find any icloud documents of icloud drive app. Also you notices this?

Last edited:

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Anyone else got the public release OTA even if they're on iOS 9 GM? It doesn't let me install it though.

42,3 MB update for iPad Air 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.