Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Niksss

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
2nd charge on this beta. Battery getting better !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 352

bjet767

Suspended
Oct 2, 2010
I'm a developer and am currently working on a watch app including bluetooth devices and I found while testing the app quietly (even when terminated) used a lot of battery. What I suspect is when the app opened sessions with the watch and BT devices it did not properly close them and kept those radios running. The solution was to delete the app and do a re-boot of the iPhone device and immediately the battery use was back to normal.

The reason I write this is I suspect those of you having battery and heat issues (the rapid draining of the battery) have an app which used a radio (WIFI, BT, Watch or even cellular) and is guilty of not properly cleaning up in the background. The problem is just using the new Battery feature of iOS 9 won't tell the user what is causing the drain.

Dubadai

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
I have gotten worse battery life the past week. It just kind of started draining fast suddenly... Maybe its some new app or similar.

Had great battery life otherwise!

scrmtrey

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2013
That's likely more than a couple of years of usage for a typical user, which isn't bad.

I doubt that. I charge my phone almost every day. Sometimes 2x per day. And i am pretty sure the other people do the same. More like one year and 500 complete charges, out of warranty and then you pay for replacing the battery. :D

Niksss

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
I have gotten worse battery life the past week. It just kind of started draining fast suddenly... Maybe its some new app or similar.

Had great battery life otherwise!
Same happened to me today. Awful battery and I was under 20% around 13:00

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    140 KB · Views: 175

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I doubt that. I charge my phone almost every day. Sometimes 2x per day. And i am pretty sure the other people do the same. More like one year and 500 complete charges, out of warranty and then you pay for replacing the battery. :D
A charge cycle isn't how many times a phone is charged really. And as we've seen by many battery numbers posted in different battery threads even here on this site most don't get to that number even after 2 years, and that's from users who often use their phone more than a typical user generally does.

scrmtrey

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2013
A charge cycle isn't how many times a phone is charged really. And as we've seen by many battery numbers posted in different battery threads even here on this site most don't get to that number even after 2 years, and that's from users who often use their phone more than a typical user generally does.

One cycle = 100% charged (total sum of all charging)

1. from 20 to 100% = 80%
2 from 20 to 40 % = 20%

sum = 100% = 1 cycle

apfelfreak32

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
After I have 9.1 public beta the battery goes crazy. After 20% it fells rapidly to 1% and stays for a pretty long time there LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.