Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2010
I've been running the latest Public Beta on both my iPhone 6 and Air 2, and i've been pretty impressed on both devices in terms of performance and battery optimization. I've always had pretty good battery life on my 6, and even better after I got an Apple Watch and have been using my phone a little less. At 8:30 PM, my phone battery is at 50% after being off the charger since 5:30 AM.:) I'm not using my phone at all times of the day and even then, I don't use it for many things that hog up the battery life (taking numerous photos, uploading them over an LTE connection, etc) so that definitely has much to do with why I get great battery life. But even still, I can't think why so many people complain about the battery life on the 6.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
I've been running the latest Public Beta on both my iPhone 6 and Air 2, and i've been pretty impressed on both devices in terms of performance and battery optimization. I've always had pretty good battery life on my 6, and even better after I got an Apple Watch and have been using my phone a little less. At 8:30 PM, my phone battery is at 50% after being off the charger since 5:30 AM.:) I'm not using my phone at all times of the day and even then, I don't use it for many things that hog up the battery life (taking numerous photos, uploading them over an LTE connection, etc) so that definitely has much to do with why I get great battery life. But even still, I can't think why so many people complain about the battery life on the 6.
How is yours a great battery life? Without using ur phone, your phone lost 50%... It should have lost only 20-30%

Reactions: JXShine

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
Translation: I don't use my phone much, so battery life is fine for me, how dare you heavy users complain about battery life.

Fritz5484

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
United States
Seems to be working well for me. This was my first trial of LPM. A single charge with Wi-Fi and BT enabled full time. Type(s) of usage varied. Battery stats = 100% to 10% (iPhone 6 + PB3).

00ccf8bdcd50713b42691b5af92124d8.jpg

Last edited:

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
Seems to be working well for me. This was my first trial of LPM. A single charge with Wi-Fi and BT enabled full time. Type(s) of usage varied. Battery stats = 100% to 10% (iPhone 6 + PB3).

00ccf8bdcd50713b42691b5af92124d8.jpg
Unless you show us your detailed usage, your post is worthless for battery life discussions.

Reactions: Sumter

Fritz5484

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
United States
So, apparently what you (JXShine) are saying is:

"I reach 56+ hours of STANDBY on a single charge *so frequently* -- with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled -- that I have (unilaterally) determined the 'Standby time' listed in the post above has *zero informational value* to each and every person who may read this thread (dealing with battery life in iOS 9)"

Did the above accurately capture your inherent level of condescension? I'm curious, do you come by that naturally; or do you have to try *really* hard?

Fritz5484

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
United States
Mine shows --- for both usage and standby under battery time since last full recharge.

Anyone else notice this?

Mine displays the same thing after the charger is plugged in (whether for one minute or overnight). The "usage display" apparently stays that way ( --- ), even if the charger is subsequently unplugged before the battery reaches 100%.

While in this "mode," I noticed certain UI text (for the first time) directly beneath the "usage display," stating:

"Usage times will be shown after iPhone is fully charged."

Niksss

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
My battery is actually better than iOS 8.4. Although this might be because I restored before updating. Performance is also great. Battery life is good for now. I will update when reaching 0%

P.s. Is it only me or the phone uses location services waaay too often on iOS 9 ?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 195

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My battery is actually better than iOS 8.4. Although this might be because I restored before updating. Performance is also great. Battery life is good for now. I will update when reaching 0%

P.s. Is it only me or the phone uses location services waaay too often on iOS 9 ?
What phone would that be on?

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015

Which iPhone ?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I deleted the Facebook app and replaced it with a safari shortcut. Might be a coincidence but it appears to have done wonders for my battery life (latest public beta, iPhone 5S).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh I am so stupid. Its iphone 6. Also I drained my battery now. Happy with battery life.
It's not bad. Not quite what it has been on some versions of iOS 8 (where you can be in the 8-10 hour usage and 24 hour or more standby range), but not bad.

Niksss

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
It's not bad. Not quite what it has been on some versions of iOS 8 (where you can be in the 8-10 hour usage and 24 hour or more standby range), but not bad.
This was 9 months ago with ios 8.1. I feel that my battery has degrated since then and that is not ok for such a short time.

Now with ios 8.4 I get up to 7 hours of usage. Ios 9 seems a little more consistent when it comes to battery life. Havent tried out low power mode either. I always dreamed of s.th. like LPM since I was an android user.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 187

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011

Hmm that is about my exact average time I've had with my iPhone 6 on every iOS version so far. That's all mostly onscreen usage too mainly on wifi with brightness usually around 40%. 7 hours. That's mainly safari, some messages and a few phone calls and a little tweetbot.

I think it's weird how some people suddenly get worse or better batter on each iteration. I've always had the same! That goes for each iPhone I've had since the iPhone 4! If my battery life actually goes up to 8 or 9 hours usage after the iOS 9 update I will truly be shocked.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
can't really compare your times with theirs. so many different types of useage. if you listen to music, that's considered use and racks up the hours but uses v little battery. best to compare your own typical usage in the past against the present.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This was 9 months ago with ios 8.1. I feel that my battery has degrated since then and that is not ok for such a short time.
Yeah, that seems more like it. I'm not sure if it's the battery, or iOS, or some combination of things, but there's certainly some difference.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
can't really compare your times with theirs. so many different types of useage. if youlisteb to music that's considered use but uses v little battery. best to compare your own typical usage in the past the present.
Sure, there's certainly that. I was going by more of the common/averages I've seen across quite a few different iPhone battery threads over time. And in this case the user even posted a comparison of battery use with iOS 8 to compare too (granted, even that can differ from day to day for the same user, but again factoring in various other threads about battery life over the past year the more common/average times seem to more or less agree with that). Factoring in my own typical usage observations with iOS 8 vs. what I've been seeing with iOS 9, that seems to hold up as well. It's not truly scientific conclusion, but, at least to me, enough of a supported one to hold up, at least for the moment, considering we are still dealing with a beta when it comes to iOS 9.

Reactions: GreyOS

Niksss

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
Overall I have mixed feeling about the battery in the iPhone 6. This is my first iPhone, previously I changed 3-4 android phones per year and now I am with this iphone for 10 months and I am very happy with it. The battery life when doing non intensive things like web browsing, texting, youtube is great, but when I do something like gaming or longer video recording the battery drains itself like I have never seen before. If I have to compare it to phones that I have owned I would say the battery is better than the LG G3 (which is amazing.... The g3 has like 3000mah battery) and a bit worse than galaxy s5. And by the way I will never return to android.

Reactions: februarian

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Horrible battery life on the iPhone 5s. It also heats up from time to time.

Attachments

• IMG_3003.jpg
    IMG_3003.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.