Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
Anything special I should know about reproducing it? Should I just make a photo and try to sync it?

Oh boy... I'm so sorry. Even though I'm using optimize storage with iCloud Photos (200GB) and there are 4 GB of photos to delete on the phone, it didn't do that and decided to just not sync photos. A 16GB iPhone is no fun. ;(

Deleted some apps and it started syncing. Should've tried that at first but thought iOS was way more intelligent than that. Either way, I'm an idiot.

Also got the system wide option figured out by now after reading your blog post. Thought it would work without PRO being enabled. I still associated that with the older VPN blocking option.

Sorry for all the fuss and thanks again for your help!

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
We've got quite a few complaints on this. Now I see that UI is obviously unclear, we should at least gray out System-wide and DNS settings when "Pro" is disabled.
For former users, yes! As it seems.:confused: New users would've read what you wrote right under it. :)

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_3102.PNG
    IMG_3102.PNG
    147.1 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_3106.PNG
    IMG_3106.PNG
    184.9 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_3107.PNG
    IMG_3107.PNG
    90.4 KB · Views: 432

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
Not Really. Here is another example.

Attachments

• IMG_3103.PNG
    IMG_3103.PNG
    708.5 KB · Views: 466

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
Not really. And here is another one

Attachments

• IMG_3103.PNG
    IMG_3103.PNG
    708.5 KB · Views: 428

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
@Kulfon it'd be really better to ask this question in some of Adguard places (forum.adguard.com or /r/Adguard), we'll be glad to help you. It's just this thread is about all iOS content blockers.

I see that the issue was already reported to AG filters:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters/issues/5016

Wait a bit till AG filters will be updated or add a new rule to the user filter manually (just add a new line):
Code:
skysports.com##.widge-marketing

Reactions: flowsy

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
AdGuard support is really great ... very prompt in replying and addressing the issues. For a content blocker, that's more important than any speed difference in milliseconds. Haven't tried 1Blocker, so can't comment on it's support.

I'm curios about the current state of adblockers vs one another.

The only comparison I could find was from 2015: https://brooksreview.net/2015/09/content-blocker-test/

1blocker was faster, but at the time Adguard wasn't available. I'm wondering if 1Blocker is still the fastest and worth the $5. Or if Adguard free is faster.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
This thread hasn't been commented on in a long time. Anyway Adguard Pro is the best!

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I wonder what benefits will Adguard pro will have now over the free version. Apple has forbidden use of VPN for adblocking.

Hope there are some features that keep the pro version worthwhile for us Pro version users.

eclp

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
@avatar-adg ...

The following problem on iOS:
Code:
Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn More
With every new opening of reddit.com this cookie banner appears:
reddit.png

The Url's are the same on my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/?ref_source=desktop

And here is the source text:
Code:
<div class="NavFrame__below-top-nav" data-reactid="33"> <div class="EUCookieNotice" data-reactid="34"> <div class="EUCookieNotice__content" data-reactid="35"> <div class="EUCookieNotice__close" data-reactid="36"><span class="icon icon-x" data-reactid="37"></span></div> <p data-reactid="38"> <!-- react-text: 39 -->Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. <!-- /react-text --><a class="EUCookieNotice__link" target="_blank" href="https://www.reddit.com/help/privacypolicy" data-reactid="40">Learn More</a></p>

How can Adguard block it?

PUFh7

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I must say that my respect for Purify has risen lately. I compared it with Adguard and 1Blocker. Purify is just simple and it blocks a lot of ads. Adguard also good but needs some more adjusting (switching on filters). 1blocker is good and it has a lot of fine tune possibilities, but it lets more ads through in my experience.

Maybe this is also because bots Purify and Adguard have automatic updates, whereas 1Blocker filters are only updated with app-updates.

Reactions: MrGuder

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I've been using Purify on iPhone and iPad since someone mentioned them early on this thread, been happy and works well. I never had a need to change since its works great for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.