Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Times at which these keyboards will be released tomorrow???

Many have already been admitted to the App Store for submission. So whenever Apple wants to allow them through, probably mid morning with the official release of iOS 8.

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Anyone else waiting for a classic iOS keyboard to show up? I miss the "feel" of it.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Who will be the first to release their new keyboard?

This is what i am excited about the most for! I have ios 8 GM installed. So i just want them to release the keyboards! I know they said swiftkey was free, but i wanted to test all of them. So the sooner they are available the better! :D

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
The feature could be announced at the rumoured October iPad event. It's pretty likely that they'll do another event for the iPad/Mac which I predict will be on October 21st.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
I just recently went back to stock on my iPhone 5 and am dying without SwipeSelection. I hope somebody can do something with iOS8 that is close to that.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Does anyone know if the keyboards will be allowed to use the vibrator for key presses like android phones do? That is the one feature I miss a lot when using my iPhone.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully the keyboards can integrate Dictation into them, and that we just haven't seen the capability of that yet from the sample screenshots given.

We'll find out in roughly 4.5 hours or so, upon iOS 8 release.

I read that SwiftKey will be free, and that Swype will be $0.99 to buy. Should be interesting.....

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Hopefully the keyboards can integrate Dictation into them, and that we just haven't seen the capability of that yet from the sample screenshots given.

We'll find out in roughly 4.5 hours or so, upon iOS 8 release.

I read that SwiftKey will be free, and that Swype will be $0.99 to buy. Should be interesting.....

I was hoping most of them went with a freemium or something like that. Cause i wanted to try the keyboards out, and then buy if i like it. I know most of them probably will be relatively cheap if they do charge, but i would still want to try them for myself first.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah SwiftKey is freemium like that; free to download & install & use, but a $0.99 in-app purchase to use SwitftKey Cloud. That seems fair.

I was hoping most of them went with a freemium or something like that. Cause i wanted to try the keyboards out, and then buy if i like it. I know most of them probably will be relatively cheap if they do charge, but i would still want to try them for myself first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.