Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I tried clicking on fleksy and I get the app is no longer available, or something along those lines! I tried the direct link.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Already deleted fleksy from my phone. What a mess.

Can someone explain fleksy? I finally got it to download. And it's not available to "install" under settings. And when I click on the app, it just says these are the apps that are compatible with it. (I am confused)

oneill983

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
Guys, keep in mind that it is a first version. And I also think it needs some time to get used to (Yes, I just downloaded and tried it).

SurefireObject

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2014
Can someone explain fleksy? I finally got it to download. And it's not available to "install" under settings. And when I click on the app, it just says these are the apps that are compatible with it. (I am confused)

Doesn't sound like it's the latest version. It was available pre-iOS8. Today's update is 4.0.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Minuum is up right now. I am playing with that one also. I think two things. First I got to get used to typing on these keyboards. And also I think these keyboards are made with iPhone 6 in mind. Def need a bigger screen. For me at least.

trebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
I'm using Swype right now. It seems pretty solid, and definitely familiar from my Android days. Love it for when my phone is sitting on my desk.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to switch to the emoji keyboard without switching back to the native iOS one first?

Edit: nevermind, you just have to delete the "English" keyboard from the list in the settings. Then you only have two to switch through.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Minuum is up right now. I am playing with that one also. I think two things. First I got to get used to typing on these keyboards. And also I think these keyboards are made with iPhone 6 in mind. Def need a bigger screen. For me at least.
I wanna try Minuum, do you think it's the best keyboard so far based on first impressions?

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Can't find Swype via App Store search

It's weird, but I can't find Swype in the App Store via search for either "Swype" or looking at the apps from Nuance Communications. If it weren't for the link in this thread, I would not be able to find it. :(

trebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Is the English keyboard the one that comes native? If I delete that will I lose access to dictation?

Yes, the English keyboard is the native one it seems. How are you accessing dictation with Swype? Are you switching back to the native keyboard, then pressing the button? I'm pretty sure I read that the 3rd party keyboards won't have access to it at this time.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Is it just me or is quick reply from lock screen disable 3rd party keyboard? Doesn't that partly defeat the purpose of quick reply from lock screen?

GUILTIE

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
I am not seeing any keyboards on the appstore. Am I missing something? Do you have to install via iTunes or are they not in the US appstore yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.