Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
@Beards This is just the first version of the app for Watch, it needs a lot of improvements.
Yes, I fully understand this will come.
What I am saying is because a user cannot see the calculation unfolding until you press the [=] sign it stops me from using the App.
At least the standard Apple Calculator will allow me to see a calculation without having to hit [=] thus then not storing an unwanted item to the history.

I may make over ten small calculations but not until I find the right result will I then press [=].
At present using the App I have to press [=] before seeing any answer and those nine other answers are not needed but saved.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Please, any info on updates for the watch…. I.E. Will you consider trying to implement what I have previously requested for the watch app?

I’ve stopped using Solves completely now as the watch app simply leaves way too many history data that I do not need nor cannot delete until back to the iphone.

I did try it again….. In the deep depths of a cave without the iphone I made over 100 calculations….. I only needed to save 4 of them. That meant when I got back to the surface I had to wade through the lot and delete 96 not wanted.

Again, had I used a different watch calculator (DayCalc which stores history) it would have given me the results without having to press [=].

olegbarinov

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
Tbilisi, Georgia
@Beards Yes, all that is planned to be implemented. Here's what I'm working on:

Attachments

• Solves (Mac).png
    Solves (Mac).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • Solves (Mac, history shown).png
    Solves (Mac, history shown).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 83

olegbarinov

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
Tbilisi, Georgia
A new update with the ability to see the result preview on Apple Watch has been released. The result is located right after the expression. You just need to scroll left to see it.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
A new update with the ability to see the result preview on Apple Watch has been released. The result is located right after the expression. You just need to scroll left to see it.
Sorry but I must be doing something wrong as I simply cannot get the watch App to provide a preview.
I have tried scrolling left using both finger and wheel button but all I see is the expression.

Attachments

• 3153CD2C-3FBA-4A9B-AD20-B1F5424820BC.png
    3153CD2C-3FBA-4A9B-AD20-B1F5424820BC.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 59

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
@Beards I think it's not updated
Yep… you are right.👍
I uninstalled the Watch App then reinstalled. This time it worked.
Many thanks in bringing this out. This helps me immensely.
As such I have now made the App my number one go to on all devices including the Watch.
Your tips are switched back on and will be added in my 6 monthly tip payment. 👍

Reactions: olegbarinov

olegbarinov

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
Tbilisi, Georgia
Well, it's been a while...

The main update since I last wrote is the upgrade package that includes features such as unit conversion. I'm still working on it. At the moment it is available only on iPhone, iPad, and in English only.

If anyone wants to follow for more updates, I now post them on my Threads page.

Reactions: beach bum

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
It would be more beneficial to have access to History on the Watch App. Unit conversions is not an item I require within the App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.