Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
I’ve never had a Mini, but from the ones I’ve tried, it’s too small for my liking. I’ve always used 9.7-inch iPads until recently, and I wouldn’t be able to adjust to a Mini. I’ve yet to try a 12.9-inch, though. A friend has one, I will try it next time I see them. I think my 11-inch Air 5 is perfect, but I admit I’d love to try a 12.9-inch. It might be even more perfect.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
It just needs a better quality display panel and more RAM to keep it moving forwards.

We all got by without 120hz displays a couple of years ago. I have them on my phone and 11" tablet but the problem with the iPad Mini 6 is a low quality display, not a 60hz display.
Id rather have Face ID than pro motion. Like you I have pro motion on my iPhone and iPad Pro but I can’t really see much of a different between them and my iPad mini.

Reactions: wilberforce

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Id rather have Face ID than pro motion. Like you I have pro motion on my iPhone and iPad Pro but I can’t really see much of a different between them and my iPad mini.
I'm with you. FaceID on my 11 iPad Pro works so remarkably well that it is completely transparent. In comparison, the TouchID button on my iPad Mini is a major irritation and does not work nearly as reliably.

Smearing bothers me much more than lack of ProMotion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.