Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your 11” or 12.9” iPad Pro bent?

• Yes

Votes: 55 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 160 74.4%

• Total voters

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Yet... You sound like the "Macbook Pro doesn't have keyboard issues, mine is fine" people.
If he doesn’t have this defect, everybody else must be liars. THEY HAVE TO BE RIGHT?? There’s so much in it for people lying about their iPads being all messed up

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
If he doesn’t have this defect, everybody else must be liars. THEY HAVE TO BE RIGHT?? There’s so much in it for people lying about their iPads being all messed up

So far we’ve seen the op showing us photos of a bent iPad and a clearly untold story as if the iPad bent by magic.

Then someone else claiming they exchanged a “flexed” iPad but unluckily couldn’t been bothered taking a photo to show it off in a forum he clearly uses....

where’s the rest of you?

Where’s all these bent iPads? Where are they?

Deliveries started on the 7th Nov, we’re almost into one week of hundreds of thousands of iPad Pros already in usage.

Where’s the public outcry for this new bendgate?

Reactions: Cape Dave

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
So far we’ve seen the op showing us photos of a bent iPad and a clearly untold story as if the iPad bent by magic.

Then someone else claiming they exchanged a “flexed” iPad but unluckily couldn’t been bothered taking a photo to show it off in a forum he clearly uses....

where’s the rest of you?

Deliveries started on the 7th Nov, we’re almost into one week of hundreds of thousands of iPad Pros already in usage.

This place is a small sample size for one. The iPad literally JUST came out. I think it’s a bit premature to say one way or another whether this is a problem. We simply don’t have enough data.

Reactions: MyMacintosh

Cape Dave

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2012
Northeast
You want ultra thin, ultra light devices, and then you’re shocked when they bend in a backpack full of who-knows-what pressing against it or when it’s sat on.

I guess we’ll all just wait for the Adamantium iPad Pro’s in the future.
We do not want thin. Apple wants thin, and has confused most sheeple to make them THINK they want thin. Remember Stephen King's book Thinner? Thinner is scary. Will the next iPad be even thinner? And the one after that? That scenario simply does not bode well.

Reactions: Peter K.

cornerexit

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014

where’s the rest of you?

Should I bend my $999 IPP 12.9 to satisfy curiosity? What about throwing it down a flight of stairs?

Reactions: SHKLMRE

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I am trying to figure out why people would set their backpack in an area that it would be stepped on. Also who sits with the backpack pressed against something (i.e a chair). I can't think of anytime, I have sat down somewhere with my backpack on.

Reactions: Cape Dave

jabbok

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
I ordered the iPad 11" right out of the box it had a slight curve to it I still set it up but could tell that it looked odd so I sent it back today.

I will stick with the iPad Pro 10.5 for now, I really liked the 11 inch but there were too many apps and games that I use that didn't fill the whole screen so no point in paying a premium price until they have all of that sorted out. I should have checked before I ordered it.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures before I sent it back.

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
I ordered the iPad 11" right out of the box it had a slight curve to it I still set it up but could tell that it looked odd so I sent it back today.

I will stick with the iPad Pro 10.5 for now, I really liked the 11 inch but there were too many apps and games that I use that didn't fill the whole screen so no point in paying a premium price until they have all of that sorted out. I should have checked before I ordered it.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures before I sent it back.

Damn unlucky with the no pictures situation going on here.....

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Oh well, there’s video out there showing these can be easily bent so not sure why anyone is shocked that this could be possible lol. I posted a thread with a video showing a guy bending the frame using his thumbs, yes its possible something so thin can be bendable.

Can’t wait for this obsession with thinness finally dies down. Did we really gain any additional portability on these new ones over last years? Yes the 12.9 shrunk down in overall size but they could have kept the same width and made use of a larger battery and finally surpassed their own 10 hour battery claim!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
there is no such thing as a "75 OLED tv.

Err what? I bought a 65” LG OLED last year, was going to buy the 75” version but the dimensions of it were juuuuust a little too much for where I was mounting it.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
My first gen 12.9” bent back in the day by unexpeclicable reasons, I never found out what caused the bet
My, but one day it was like the OPs iPad. They didn’t replace it, i had to bend it back with a ton of books on one end and body weight on the other. It worked somehow but always retained some screen damage. Eventually I sold it to some eBay person.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I have a 55" screen that's bent. Oh... wait. That's supposed to be like that. (Samsung 55" Curved LED). :D I'm ready for foldable screens though - bring it! Just, not this year's iPad.

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
Oh well, there’s video out there showing these can be easily bent so not sure why anyone is shocked that this could be possible lol. I posted a thread with a video showing a guy bending the frame using his thumbs, yes its possible something so thin can be bendable.

Can’t wait for this obsession with thinness finally dies down. Did we really gain any additional portability on these new ones over last years? Yes the 12.9 shrunk down in overall size but they could have kept the same width and made use of a larger battery and finally surpassed their own 10 hour battery claim!

There’s also videos out there of people bending other things like spoons, arms, legs...you name it....it can be bent!

The question is will it bend in normal usage...NO!

Reactions: 1144557

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
My first gen 12.9” bent back in the day by unexpeclicable reasons, I never found out what caused the bet
My, but one day it was like the OPs iPad. They didn’t replace it, i had to bend it back with a ton of books on one end and body weight on the other. It worked somehow but always retained some screen damage. Eventually I sold it to some eBay person.

“unexpeclicable” or maybe inexplicable reasons....i think it was dark magic Harry Potter!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.