Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kamik423

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2014
I have had my new iPhone 11 for ~3 weeks now and it started making the click today. I am very confident it is hardware related:
  • I dropped the phone for the first time yesterday
  • It does not occur, when I hold it with screen down (perfectly straight)

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
For me never dropped and also occurs in every position. But just started a few weeks ago.

If it's hardware I will change it. Don't pay so much money for such a stupid fault.

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
So my phone (11 pro max) was in an Authorized Support and they didn’t found anything wrong... they said that I have to sent my phone to one of the two cities of my country that have an Apple Store, but I am not going to do that now because I think it might be a software bug...

Can somebody confirm if the issue persists in ios 13.4???

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
I really hope it’s true... This bug is so annoying.

I hear a click when I put my ear next to the microphones... but what really botters me it’s the vibrations that always happen even though the option system haptics is disabled (and “Vibrations” is disabled too)

sorry for my bad english

edwrap

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
Has to be some kind of a software issue, considering it even happens with system haptics turned off. There's nothing mechanical going on in that case, just an animation on the screen! I suspect far more people have the issue than have actually noticed it, as the clicking requires a quiet room to notice

edit: I also just noticed it on an old iPhone 7 Plus on the latest iOS, so this is definitely not a hardware issue, or at least not one unique to this year's phones

Last edited:

kamik423

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2014
I am on the latest beta, but clicks were intermittent to begin with, but I think I have not experienced any since 13.4.

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
The only thing that still happens is that sometimes you hear a click (but no vibration) when using the long press feature! The vibrations are gone for me! If someone tells me that they are back in 13.4 beta 2 I will stay forever on beta 1.

Demonic16

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2020
Russia, Moscow
Can confirm that it's still fixed in iOS 13.4 Beta 2. Previously was on iOS 13.3.1 & was pretty sure that it's hardware issue but was happy to find that it's just software bug!

egorev

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2018
Can confirm that it's still fixed in iOS 13.4 Beta 2. Previously was on iOS 13.3.1 & was pretty sure that it's hardware issue but was happy to find that it's just software bug!

Can't wait for the official release! This bug still drives me crazy

morok

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2020
Do you also hear the click when receiving messages or calls? My iPhone 11 clicks before every vibration :(

Edit: barely noticeable with sound on, but more when in silent mode with vibrations only

Last edited:

egorev

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2018
That's weird, but right now all the buggy clicks magically disappeared for me. I'm still on 13.3.1

manabuhk

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2020

Hi, beta 3 has also released, does the weird sound still not exist in this version?Thank you!

manabuhk

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2020
No, sound is still no more!
P.S. Still happy that it's not HW bug! But I was almost sure that it is!

Good!It sounds a good news! Just worried about would this weird sound come back again in the coming beta or even official version

The Carny

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I downloaded the beta yesterday and can confirm that it’s fixed for me too.

What a bizarre bug! I’d become resigned to it being a physical issue because, as far as I can recall, it didn’t coincide with the installation of an update.

Cadapter

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2019
Hi all again. This is such a weird bug. Like I said a few months ago, I had my launch 11 replaced in January for the clicking, which got progressively worse. My replacement 11 was not making the noise for a few weeks or so. I started to hear it very faintly (like sitting alone in a quiet room) a couple of weeks ago. Since it was so faint, I figured that maybe I was actually just hearing the taptic engine itself and was being hyper-sensitive.

Well, this past Tuesday I dropped my phone on a wood floor from about 3ft (slid off a coffee table). Since then, I had started to hear the clicking a bit more loudly, mostly repeatable by holding down the volume slider or swiping up on the menu bar. This had me thinking that maybe it was in fact a hardware issue, maybe a super fragile taptic engine?

Anyway, I upgraded to 13.4 beta...and the clicking is gone. Can't reproduce it at all for a day. I have no idea what the bug was or what was causing it, but I am fairly certain the 13.4 beta fixed it.

Gunpei

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2019
Has anyone tested the Gold Master? I’m glad they finally fixed it. (And that I didn’t return my phone!)

Tony Shi

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2020
Yes. It's the same if you tap on the brightness or volume sliders in the control center.
I think I know what it is. I hear the click in control Center as well. Does it make the sound when you mute (flip the side switch) your phone? My doesn’t. I got off the phone with Apple and was told that the phone makes a click sound on purpose to similate a force click. So it’s actually a feature rather than a bug.

raoulst

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2020
My iPhone SE 2020 does also have the haptic touch noise on iOS 13.5.1
Did also go through a restore with Apple Support, but nothing changed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.