Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Sadly my 15PM is brighter on one side of the screen than the other. Or the color temp is diff. I don’t want to play the screen lottery game so I’m just going to return it and keep my 13PM for now. I’m really bummed out. Was really looking forward to this. Especially dynamic Island.

I do hope everyone is having a great time with their new phones. I’m a little jealous right now.

OVOElias

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
Miami, FL
I regretfully used the icloud option instead of simply transfer phone to phone, not only did it take forever, it logged me out of all my accounts.
Really? I have heard that iCloud option is a way to avoid any issues :eek:

I am confused, do I update my old phone to 17.0.1 before I backup? Do I need to update thew new phone to 17.0.2? I am probably just zooted and just can't wait till the morning to setup my phone so I am brain dead lol.

micr0

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
15 pro max here.

1. My always on display turns off after a period of time, even when set to never do so. 14 pro max only did this when face down or in pocket but this phone does it even with screen facing up.

2. Standby mode simply doesn’t work. At first, it was switching off after 20 seconds or so like the older phones do, despite setting it up not to do so. Now I can’t even get it to initiate any more. Restarted, nothing.

hoping for a fix on these issues soon. Otherwise the phone is excellent.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
can't say i've encountered any issues but i've only used it for about 4 hours to get it set up. i'm happy with it.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
Not encountered any issues. I heard there was some setup issues but I just go to the T-mobile store and they helped do the setup and I was actually surprised how fast it was. I do know I hung out in the store until all the apps loaded as they had a good wifi. I learned years ago to use the cellular provider as if any issues come up they had the technical support on speed dial

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I regretfully used the icloud option instead of simply transfer phone to phone, not only did it take forever, it logged me out of all my accounts.
iCloud was much better for me. Phony transfer told me it was going to take hours, and left both phones unusable during the transfer, so I cancelled it. iCloud took about 15 minutes until my phone was usable, though I could still use the old phone during that time. After it let me in, it downloaded all of the apps and data in the background.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
I’m slightly concerned about the durability of the Max I must say, rear glass cracked with a slight bend 😳

Anybody that tries to bend glass like that, that could always happen…also, it’s only $30 replace the back glass now from Apple with Apple care plus…wouldn’t really worry about that…

• Haha
Reactions: Bethanie21

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Anybody that tries to bend glass like that, that could always happen…also, it’s only $30 replace the back glass now from Apple with Apple care plus…wouldn’t really worry about that…
To an extent I agree, however just thinking of my own use case which my phones in my leg trouser pocket at work which does tend to move into a landscape position when I’m walking around, with lots of kneeling down all day I do already get my phone being forced around my leg when the fabric tightens so that’s the concern for me personally as it didn’t look like he used that much pressure before it cracked.
Yeah it’s only $30 with Apple Care but if this can happen under normal use without dropping it then that’s not too good.
Also you should’ve have to be taking out Apple Care to protect against potential design flaws.
Hopefully there’ll be no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: koigirl

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I did the same. What a pain to login to all my apps. Next time hopefully I’ll remember to go phone to phone instead.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
With phones in pockets, this could happen a lot easier than you think…

Remember the iPhone 6+? That one was bending just from being in people’s pockets.

Reactions: Mc0 and -Gonzo-

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
With phones in pockets, this could happen a lot easier than you think…

Remember the iPhone 6+? That one was bending just from being in people’s pockets.
for that phone, that was the chassis bending…pressing your thumbs on the back of the phone with force could break glass…sitting your your pocket makes this happening highly unlikely…

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
To an extent I agree, however just thinking of my own use case which my phones in my leg trouser pocket at work which does tend to move into a landscape position when I’m walking around, with lots of kneeling down all day I do already get my phone being forced around my leg when the fabric tightens so that’s the concern for me personally as it didn’t look like he used that much pressure before it cracked.
Yeah it’s only $30 with Apple Care but if this can happen under normal use without dropping it then that’s not too good.
Also you should’ve have to be taking out Apple Care to protect against potential design flaws.
Hopefully there’ll be no issues.
This whole example is not what this dude Jerry rig did in the video…also, who says there’s a design flaw? There isn’t. It’s glass, glass can shatter and break with force like that…his thumbs were pressed hard against it and tried bending the device with force. It’s dumb.

xanderville

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
This whole example is not what this dude Jerry rig did in the video…also, who says there’s a design flaw? There isn’t. It’s glass, glass can shatter and break with force like that…his thumbs were pressed hard against it and tried bending the device with force. It’s dumb.
While I agree with your point that this may not be a cause for concern with normal use. The concern I have, is that the back glass on the 15PM was easier to break than on previous models when JerryRig tested them. There is a high chance that Apple is fully aware of this as they lowered the cost to fix the back glass with the 15PM. Personally I do not like the idea of expensive tech items becoming less durable over time. Time will tell if this will be an issue….

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Nothing. The only issue I have may be a software issue and it's sometimes my nightstand mode doesn't stay on all night. It happened on my 14 Pro Max and now 15 Pro which makes me think it is software?

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
15 pro max here.

1. My always on display turns off after a period of time, even when set to never do so. 14 pro max only did this when face down or in pocket but this phone does it even with screen facing up.

2. Standby mode simply doesn’t work. At first, it was switching off after 20 seconds or so like the older phones do, despite setting it up not to do so. Now I can’t even get it to initiate any more. Restarted, nothing.

hoping for a fix on these issues soon. Otherwise the phone is excellent.
Same here.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Nothing. The only issue I have may be a software issue and it's sometimes my nightstand mode doesn't stay on all night. It happened on my 14 Pro Max and now 15 Pro which makes me think it is software?
I believe this is software to prevent burn in. The camera uses attention awareness if it detects motion to turn back on if you're looking at it as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.