Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
15 pro max here.

1. My always on display turns off after a period of time, even when set to never do so. 14 pro max only did this when face down or in pocket but this phone does it even with screen facing up.

2. Standby mode simply doesn’t work. At first, it was switching off after 20 seconds or so like the older phones do, despite setting it up not to do so. Now I can’t even get it to initiate any more. Restarted, nothing.

hoping for a fix on these issues soon. Otherwise the phone is excellent.
Same here and it’s pissing me off. It was bad enough with the 14 pro that always on wouldn’t stay on as a night stand clock while charging. Now they add standby which also turns off but also make regular always on turn off constantly.

If I put my 14 and 14 pro max phones next to each other the 14 pro stays on the 15 pro turns off in 30 seconds or less.

WTF?!!!

xiaofud

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2023
Touch issues. Some letters on the keyboard are not responsive. I need to press twice or harder. 15 pro max, ios 17.0.2

NeoSe7en

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2017
Sadly my 15PM is brighter on one side of the screen than the other. Or the color temp is diff. I don’t want to play the screen lottery game so I’m just going to return it and keep my 13PM for now. I’m really bummed out. Was really looking forward to this. Especially dynamic Island.

I do hope everyone is having a great time with their new phones. I’m a little jealous right now.
This the first I’ve heard of this issue. I think if you get an exchange the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor. This is just a case of bad luck.

Reactions: bevsb2

AHabiPhone

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Central Florida
After doing my transfer from my 14PM over to my 15PM. I noticed a darker area on the side. I went into my bathroom because it has better lighting than my bedroom. I saw the weird random box and then two minutes later it was gone. Shown in photo timestamps too. First picture at 9:23pm, second at 9:25pm

Could it have been because the phone was warmer after transferring? Causing the area to appear? Anyone know much about the build of the phone and what that part is? Hope this isn’t anything significant.

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3934.jpeg
    IMG_3934.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 208

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
I believe this is software to prevent burn in. The camera uses attention awareness if it detects motion to turn back on if you're looking at it as well.
Then why is it different from last years 14 pro? If burn in were that much of a concern, why even claim to have an always on display at all? I’m sitting here watching tv. Both 15 pro max and 14 pro max nearby and only the 15 turns off. It’s ridiculous

Besides burn in can be mitigated by pixel shifting.

Reactions: micr0

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
Please list them.
besides the natural not doing it for me nothing I can really complain about. I am exchanging for a blue tomorrow though. I go case-less always and the rounded edges are a welcomed addition and the biggest selling point for me vs. my 14PM which is going to be my Dad's soon

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
Nothing. The only issue I have may be a software issue and it's sometimes my nightstand mode doesn't stay on all night. It happened on my 14 Pro Max and now 15 Pro which makes me think it is software?
are you using sleep focus mode or DND??

XXPP

Suspended
Jun 30, 2019
Today the screen went completely blank. I had to connect it to the monitor to find the slider to turn it off. Restart helped, but I think I'll return it and buy another one.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Sadly my 15PM is brighter on one side of the screen than the other. Or the color temp is diff. I don’t want to play the screen lottery game so I’m just going to return it and keep my 13PM for now. I’m really bummed out. Was really looking forward to this. Especially dynamic Island.

I do hope everyone is having a great time with their new phones. I’m a little jealous right now.
Hey! I might be having the same issue, do you have any pictures of it? For me it looks like the right side is perhaps more reddish than the left when I'm on white pages.

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
Nothing. The only issue I have may be a software issue and it's sometimes my nightstand mode doesn't stay on all night. It happened on my 14 Pro Max and now 15 Pro which makes me think it is software?
Do you have a sleep focus at night? A sleep schedule will prevent night mode.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Hey! I might be having the same issue, do you have any pictures of it? For me it looks like the right side is perhaps more reddish than the left when I'm on white pages.
It’s exactly the same as the 11, 12, 13 and 14 iPhones, all had screen uniformity issues and it’s just luck of the draw which one you get.

Search around the forums and you’ll see all the same complaints.

Reactions: coso

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
are you using sleep focus mode or DND??
For me it will turn of standby with those on or off. Same with the 14 pro. It’s a software design and it sucks.

What’s worse is the choice to change the existing always on functionality from the 14 pro to the 15 pro as now it turns off quickly under more circumstances than before.

I hope apple fixes this. It makes always on completely useless.

Reactions: micr0

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
Having the worst time with the on screen keyboard compared to my previous Pro. I keep accidentally hitting numbers and symbols as i’m typing regular letters and i have no idea how they keep popping up

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
IMG_0007.jpeg

Can you see any screen uniformity issues in this picture? I can't seem to see it in photos I'm taking which is making me question if it's a real issue or not...

• Haha
Reactions: krspkbl

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I am hoping this can be addressed with a software update but my 14Pros pictures were much sharper and clearer. My 15Pro is definitely blurry and way more noisy than my 14Pro ever was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.