Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
It’s not a Defect I don’t want to waste my time at Apple again if it’s not a defect ?
Your picture is not super clear but I have the same reflection in my 15PM. I also have a dust spec inside the camera (I’m still keeping the phone) and I can clearly see it. Dust is usually on the internal part of the most external protective glass, not in the internal elements which is another sealed component. I wouldn’t worry, even more so a 14PM is the same in the same position it can’t be the same defect. Just enjoy your phone, everything is fine

iMagro

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2023
I'll tell you my story. I bought an iPhone 15 Pro 256GB in Black. It arrives home, beautiful, but it had two problems: some darker spots on the casing, on the volume buttons, and a big speck of dust inside the ultra-wide lens. I decided to return it since the dust speck was clearly visible when I took backlit photos. I went to get another iPhone with the same specifications and managed to pay about 90 euros less thanks to a deal. I get home, open it, and it's perfect... but there's a microscopic chip on the back glass, about one millimeter in size, near the titanium edge, relatively hard to see. I decide to keep it because returning it would force me to buy another one and pay more, and in the end, the flaw isn't that noticeable. However, I'm disappointed with Apple's quality control. It wasn't like this before; the last iPhone I had was an iPhone 5S, which I loved, perfect in every way.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
The iPhone 15PM is a healthy step up from my old can max. Setup was easy although it took a while to download from iCloud. Hardest part was the e-sim setup as it took a lot of back and forth with Verizon.

Phone dimensions are slightly different than the iPhone 14pm and with the fine woven case is very comfortable to use.

The phone quality is spot-on with no visible artifacts and loving the step up the camera offers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.