Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xiaofud

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2023
Do you have a screen protector on? I do. I also have been having some problems getting screen to register touch, sometimes with Spotify.

Other issues I’m having is after I put my AirPods Pro 2 back in the case after playing Spotify, the app just started skipping to next track and kept repeating this. Then the pop up for connecting to an Apple TV came up. Had just taken it out of my pocket.

Mine gets quite warm after it’s on a wireless charger.

I got mine the 22nd, Pro 256gb, restored from iCloud backup and like others it made me sign back into lots of stuff which didn’t happen last year during the 13 to 14 upgrade.

Standby does not work when plugged into anything and places sideways. I think you must buy a special MagSafe stand or something lame like that to get standby mode at all.
I don’t use screen protector.

andrew1995

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2013
IMG_7479.jpeg

Got a weird blemish or mark under the glass on my pro max. Is this worth a return Or likely to get worse? Have many others had them?

Coconutx

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2022
Hard to get a phone problem free it's like playing the lottery my number one priority is the screen no dead,stuck or dust happy.....

Hele

macrumors member
May 14, 2022
Rhode Island
15 pro max here.

1. My always on display turns off after a period of time, even when set to never do so. 14 pro max only did this when face down or in pocket but this phone does it even with screen facing up.
Always on display is supposed to do that (at least on the 14). From Apple’s site:

Always-On display goes dark when you don't need it​

To save battery life, the display is completely dark when:
  • Your iPhone is lying face down
  • Your iPhone is in your pocket or bag
  • Sleep Focus is on
  • Low Power Mode is on
  • Your iPhone is connected to CarPlay
  • You're using Continuity Camera
  • You haven't used your iPhone for a while (your iPhone learns your activity patterns and turns the display off and on accordingly, including if you set up an alarm or sleep schedule)
  • Your iPhone detects that you moved away from it with a paired Apple Watch (Always-On display will turn on when your Apple Watch is close to your iPhone again)”

itsboi

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
View attachment 2281598
Got a weird blemish or mark under the glass on my pro max. Is this worth a return Or likely to get worse? Have many others had them?
I had a tinier blemish on the back and went to the Apple Store trying to exchange, but none were in stock for a replacement. I'll live with it considering there are loads of other issues I'd have to look for like sharper edges, discoloration on the titanium, screen uniformity, etc. Just gonna accept that no phone is perfect and if a blemish on the back is the worst of it, I'd just keep it.

Reactions: coso

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I had a tinier blemish on the back and went to the Apple Store trying to exchange, but none were in stock for a replacement. I'll live with it considering there are loads of other issues I'd have to look for like sharper edges, discoloration on the titanium, screen uniformity, etc. Just gonna accept that no phone is perfect and if a blemish on the back is the worst of it, I'd just keep it.
The perfect Apple customer. No offence.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Did anyone notice a little loose charging port I notice on 15 pro max and my new AirPods pro and my iPad Pro m2 12.9
USB-C connector is not as firm as lightning. It can feel “looser” but is normal. Same on my iMac and MacBook Air

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017
In my experience no phone is perfect. It’s just that people aren’t so obsessed to catch everything. I try not to but I just have good eye. My 13P had a bit redddish on the left screen at night and a not great battery. Thankfully my 15PM seems mostly perfect. It has one little dot where the coating is missing and the metal is showing (mine is black). But it’s as small as a white spec of dust near the glass so I’ll be able to ignore it. Also cameras seemed fine today, but tonight against a different light I casually noticed a small dust particle under the main lens. But it’s in the outer part of the lens, where it won’t matter in any picture, so I’m able to ignore it too. Screen seems quite uniform too, even at night. I had worse. What would I risk with an exchange? A phone with a bigger scratch, a dust particle under THE MIDDLE of the lens (will still not be visibile, but is more annoying). Or even worse, an overheating phone, dead pixels, a not so sensitive touch screen, misaligned lens, defective speakers, wonky or bad clicking keys, bad assembly between chassis and back glass, a bad battery. I mean, there’s a lot that can go wrong with these phones and I can guarantee you, no phone is without at least one or more of these even if they cost 1500$. There are some things that I won’t stand ever (a dead pixel for example), but most of everything else I can accept. It bothers me, but the chance of getting a worse phone and starting a return chain is pretty high. Most people don’t notice many things so you can be under the impression that most phones are “perfect”. They are not
This is spot on. I’ve got a natural eye for detail and I always pick these things out. Just got my natural 15PM swapped out tonight for dust under the camera. Replacement is brand spanking new and in perfect condition.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
This is spot on. I’ve got a natural eye for detail and I always pick these things out. Just got my natural 15PM swapped out tonight for dust under the camera. Replacement is brand spanking new and in perfect condition.

Happy for you and your balls of steel. There was just the other day one here saying that he returned his 14PM for dust under the camera and started a 6 phones return chain with various worse defects like dead pixels, in a row. But if your new one is really "perfect" to you then great. Not something I would recommend but sometimes one is lucky

Reactions: drew0020

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
iPhone 15 pro max lens question

I just got this iPhone 15 pro max can this be dust or reflection ?

A family memever 14 pro max same issue

My ocd hurting me.

I’m on my 4 return rebuy I don’t want to do more

Not all was due to dust.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0051.png
    IMG_0051.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DaPhox

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
iPhone 15 pro max lens question

I just got this iPhone 15 pro max can this be dust or reflection ?

A family memever 14 pro max same issue

My ocd hurting me.

I’m on my 4 return rebuy I don’t want to do more

Not all was due to dust.
That seems a reflection on an internal element.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.