Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I looked through my drawers and the leftover screen protectors I have are for the 13PM, which I used on the 14PM.

Surely they'd fit the 15PM as well?!?! Or I hope they would...

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Honestly they're both about the same. I tried their top of the line last year and was not super impressed. Ended up with Torras Diamond shield.
So you tried both the Spigen AlignMaster and ESR Armorite? What caused you to take them off of your phone and put a Torras on instead?

mangoeruption

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Do the Belkin ones at the Apple store cover the whole screen? Or do they still have that annoying cutout from previous versions?
I’ve had these professionally installed from the iPhone XS to the 14 Pros, they always go to the very edge of the screen itself. It definitely covers the dynamic island if that’s what you’re referring to, but they end where the bezels start if you’re asking for 100% coverage and are definitely the most case friendly protector I’ve had for iPhone.

Reactions: outlawarth

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
How the Torras?
Zero complaints. Fit, coverage, wear - all great. Did not smudge or scratch easily (I hate a streaky or scratched screen). Even after a few months of daily use, it’s still solid.
So you tried both the Spigen AlignMaster and ESR Armorite? What caused you to take them off of your phone and put a Torras on instead?
Can’t remember exactly because this was back in October, but I was mostly unhappy with the fit and feel. I think the Spigen got really grippy after a couple of days which makes me think the oleophobic coating was weak while the ESR was picking up so much lint around the edges and was very smudgy.

Reactions: Synomenon

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Zero complaints. Fit, coverage, wear - all great. Did not smudge or scratch easily (I hate a streaky or scratched screen). Even after a few months of daily use, it’s still solid.

Can’t remember exactly because this was back in October, but I was mostly unhappy with the fit and feel. I think the Spigen got really grippy after a couple of days which makes me think the oleophobic coating was weak while the ESR was picking up so much lint around the edges and was very smudgy.
I find the Spigen easier to apply though....it's seamless.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I find the Spigen easier to apply though....it's seamless.
It was a bit of a mess when I tried it last year, and the first try was not successful. I much preferred the manual install with the screen guard.
I dunno. I just watched the install video of that Torras and it looks even easier and dust-proof than the Spigen.
It's a new application that I've not tried before but will do so on Friday and report back. It looks solid though.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
It was a bit of a mess when I tried it last year, and the first try was not successful. I much preferred the manual install with the screen guard.

It's a new application that I've not tried before but will do so on Friday and report back. It looks solid though.
Can you please post a link to the Torras 15 Pro screen protector please...

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
Is anyone considering a thin film screen protector?
I used this brand's for my iPhone 14 Pro Max last year and still using the same one. No major scratches and it has not changed color, clarity, or lost adhesion.

I was thinking this year going to the Spigen glass that everyone favors. In fact, it arrived from Amazon but it really is thicker when compared with the film.

THis year's film is $2 more than a year ago, but they have 3 instead of last year's 2.
amzn.to/3ELuWxG

Last edited:

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So I got this set of screen protectors for the 15 PM

I compared this against the ones for the 14 PM from the same brand and the 15 PM ones is smaller than the 14 PM around the full perimeter.

There is no little notched out bit at the top either.

Not sure what to think of this… I thought the bezels were smaller on the 15 PM and was expecting the protector to be bigger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.