Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
:)so your hands gets also bigger and bigger, our pockets gets bigger and bigger..so you dont have anything against if Apple and Samsung goes with 8" displays in 4 years?! Lets get real, 6.5-6.7" its ok for a "big phone". When we draw a line since the borders now are at their limits...so you cannot go larger display without getting also larger physical dimensions
Lets travel with our phone not with mini tablets
Apple gave you guys 2 years to show your lust for small iPhone. Didn’t receive anticipated fame and sales. Rolls back because more people loves bigger iPhone. It’s clear that there are just not enough demand, more like a vocal minority.
Once again, the iPhone Pros will come in just a bit bigger and heavier. Enough already! iPhones and iPads need to go on a diet. And enough with “feature creep.”
The only thing I agree is feature creep must be stopped. But you guys had 2 years, two chances to show your love for small iPhone. Not enough love it seems and Apple just decide to back off after those 2 years. Maybe you guys small phone advocates are just vocal minority?
Pockets aren’t getting any bigger 😂
Petition jeans manufacturer to knit a bigger pocket, or bigger pockets. :)
Would you just carry an iPad instead if it had all the same camera/cell features?
I carry iPad almost all the time, and I would happily not use iPhone at all if iPad has the same camera found on iPhone (and manage Apple Watch, and support nfc).

• Disagree
Reactions: Biro

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Some of us actually have to leave the house daily, and can't be bothered to carry a purse with us the whole time just to be able to put a phone somewhere, because its too big to fit in our pants pockets
To me it sounds like jeans company didn’t bother lobbying Apple Or didn’t care at all.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
And don’t forget all your icons are going to snap automatically to the hardest place to reach.

I still don’t understand why in the year 2024 Apple thinks people can’t handle placing icons on a grid where they want them.
I put widgets at the top, even if I don’t really need them.

As to this topic, I went from the 6S to the 11. I almost bought the 15 as I’m now down to 77% capacity, but it still lasts the day (just). Not bad for a 4.5 year old phone that I charge every night without optimised charging or anything like that enabled.

My decision to buy the 16 is already made. Whether I get the base model or - for the first time - a Pro is a decision I’ll make when they’re released. As to which size … I can see that decision being all-consuming 😁

Reactions: CarAnalogy

switz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
East edge of Phoenix urban sprawl
I still have a 13Mini because it has a real SIM socket for my UK number on pay as you go. I pay £5 per month to keep the line alive with lots of data. An UK eSIM is not an option for me in the States. My 14 MaxPro just has the Verizon eSim. The three or four incremental changes between the 14 MP and 15MaxPro were not enough to spend $1900 on. I see the 16 MaxPro as a viable option today with the vaporware specs. The actual changes information is still months out. Expect it will cost $2k before taxes and warranty for the 2TB memory option.

Still using a M1 MAX 14" MacBook Pro (64gb Ram and 4TB SSD) and M1 Ultra Studio (128GB and 8TB SSD). Maybe the M4 might be enticing but the 85% depreciation on the MacStudio in one year sours my urge to upgrade.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I’ve had a ubiquiti u7 wifi 7 AP for months. Works great with my intel wifi7 card. Not including wifi7 in the iPhone 16 is inexcusable
You’re an early adopter of Wi-Fi 7 like I am with Vision Pro. Gotta Remember 99.9% of people don’t have it. Hell I’m still on Wi-Fi 5 cus I don’t want to screw up HomeKit

jonppa

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2009
When I upgraded iPhone 6S -> iPhone 12 Pro I was so disappointed how there was so little changed over the years so I returned the 12 Pro and kep going on 6S. Couldn't notice difference, really. People couldn't believe this but I did tests and the difference was vague which was totally weird.

Based on that the only signifigance is only for your ego. Technically these devices are hard to separate from each other. Difference between iPhone 13,14,15,16? None. Really.

I eventually ended up in SE 2020 which has bad battery already. The only thing interests me in 16 is the new AI capabilities - I see something new game changing possibilities there. That is the only reason why I would think about 16. Quite a costly battery change otherwise..

Reactions: tomekwsrod

alongdingdong

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2014
I stick with my 13mini, it fits my sweater pockets and pants while i skateboard and listen to spotify.

A family member has a Iphone 13 pro and it is so heavy and big, i dont see a reason for such a big device. As i try to stay offline as much as possible when i am not at work (guess where i am now)

My next phone will be a folding phone, i love the compactness, and to me, a folding phone screen is crazy tech to me, so it appeals to me more then a heavy big slab with a telescope camera that can zoom in the surface of the moon.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Hopefully the capture button will be useful. Don't think zoom will further increase for 16 Pro Max. Both the 16 Pro and Pro Max will most probably have the same 5x zoom

Marty80

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
Let’s be Honest alright, the 15 series line up was was mediocre, disappointing, lame, BORING.
I guarantee that the next iphone will only come with 3 difference:
1) larger displays
2) a new button
3) “AI” integrated

Another Boring year ya’ll, so save the cash and skip, AGAIN.
Unless your phone is broke like mine & the repair costs outweigh the benefits of buying a new one.

Reactions: imtoretto

sir1963nz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2012
Still keep running my iPhone 11, I have yet to see any reason to change.
Even the computer I am using to write this is over 4 years old.
These things are tools to me, not fashion items, and I would much prefer to spend my $$ on some new tools for my workshop be they for my lathe or a new desoldering station...

Reactions: tomekwsrod

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
With the increase of the 16 pro to 6.3, which should add a bit of width, I'm definitely downsizing as the 15PM was my first big iPhone and I really regret it still.

CaptainBlue

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
London, United Kingdom
This could mean an end to annual upgrades for us, with the 16 Pro being too big to fit in the charging cubbyhole on my new motorbike, let alone for normal, everyday use and pocketing.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I didn't realise the rumour was that they were switching to a glossy titanium frame... I really hope not, I have been very happy with the brushed titanium on my 15 Pro - so many less fingerprints. The polished stainless steel from before was so hard to keep clean and showed any dings super easily.

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
13 Pro user here. And I’m still not seeing a compelling reason to spend another grand on a new iPhone. Improvements everywhere but all quite small. My biggest issue with iPhones is their weight. Porkers.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Nothing overly compelling for me personally. If it wasn't for that dog turd of a battery, I'd probably still be on my 14 Pro.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
I didn't realise the rumour was that they were switching to a glossy titanium frame... I really hope not, I have been very happy with the brushed titanium on my 15 Pro - so many less fingerprints. The polished stainless steel from before was so hard to keep clean and showed any dings super easily.

I also love the look and feel of the brushed titanium and the lighter weight that comes with it. Still curious to see what glossy titanium looks like though. I suspect it won't be as finger printy as stainless steel.

switz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
East edge of Phoenix urban sprawl
We have the Netgear ORBI 960 (f devices) at home which is WiFi 6E and a 1GB download speed plan. We have eight devices on Verizon and only the M2 iPad 11 Pro has 6E. Of the three laptops, none including the M1 14" MBPro have 6E. The M1 Ultra Studio does not have 6E but the M2 Pro mini does. So, I see no rush to jump on the WiFi V7 bandwagon as I am not fully vested on 6E which seems to be the equal of cell 5G on Verizon.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I carry iPad almost all the time, and I would happily not use iPhone at all if iPad has the same camera found on iPhone (and manage Apple Watch, and support nfc).

I guess it depends on how active a lifestyle you have. I couldn't imagine taking my iPad on walks (usually with my dog), runs, hiking, to they gym, to concerts, when I go play tennis, softball, pickleball, to sporting events, when I go to restaurants or bats with friends etc. Those are the same reasons I prefer smaller phones. Of course when I'm home I do use my iPad more than my iPhone, but not everyone wants to spend the money to have both so I see the draw for larger iPhones in those cases.

Reactions: gusmula

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2014
My point was that going down screen size was very enjoyable...
If most other people (or even a healthy minority of people) found the Mini phones to be enjoyable, then Apple would not have discontinued the line due to poor sales. Small phones are cute (I had a 12 Mini) but cuteness doesn't last very long. What matters is whether phones are useful: can you see more info on the screen? does the battery last more than 1 day? do they run cool? When you think about actual usability, you eventually conclude that a larger phone is simply more convenient.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
I put widgets at the top, even if I don’t really need them.

As to this topic, I went from the 6S to the 11. I almost bought the 15 as I’m now down to 77% capacity, but it still lasts the day (just). Not bad for a 4.5 year old phone that I charge every night without optimised charging or anything like that enabled.

My decision to buy the 16 is already made. Whether I get the base model or - for the first time - a Pro is a decision I’ll make when they’re released. As to which size … I can see that decision being all-consuming 😁
Same, quickly realized widgets would get me closer and might even be useful sometimes. Widget Smart Stack is actually not bad.

I’m still happy with my recently replaced 13 Pro but also probably going to go for the 16 Pro and hand this one down to a family member.

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.