Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I'm not sure how all of you saying "I'm going to hold onto my ... phone for another year don't see that what you're really saying is that Apple's phones are so good you can hold onto them 4-5 years. IF you're not moved to upgrade, what you're saying is that your old phone is still good. That's a PLUS, not a negative.

Spot on. I love your logic. Though it might swoosh over some heads.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
In for WiFi 7. The 6E is inadequate at best for range, keeps me just barely connected enough to cause things to load slowly instead of booting me to cellular. This in spots where I had perfect WiFi 6 coverage.
I feel like Wi-Fi 7 may be wishful thinking at this point. Took them long enough to add 6e and no one had a 7 router yet anyways.

bejib66000

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2022
Should I upgrade from my iPhone 8? It's fine, but the only thing I don't like about it is occasionally missing calls due to the lack of a silent mode indicator on the screen (mute icon 🔕). Has Apple fixed this issue yet?

Benny L

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2017
Vegas baby
Why is Mac rumors always beating the drum for Apple ? This is like the 4th article in 4 months telling the Apple heads why they should upgrade!
I have had every iPhone since released but the last 4 releases of iPhones does not really add anything useful but as always ,Apple does minimal upgrading every yr now,to keep the apple heads hanging on! Lol . I had the 13 - went to the 15 and will not upgrade till 17 or 18.
macrumors- tell the truth- Apple treats us like mushrooms- keeps us in the dark and feeds us bull#$&%.
the currant leadership of Apple is doing nothing for future of Apple with the minimal improvements and constantly raising the prices .
ALL OTHER ELECTRONICS - tv,computers etc have gone down in price - BUT MACRUMORS KEEPS BEATING THE DRUM FOR MINIMAL UPGRADES AT MORE MONEY EVERY YEAR ! ENOUGH ALREADY MACRUMORS!

Benny L

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2017
Vegas baby
“I have an IPhone XS. should i upgrade to 16? if i have the oppertunity?”

yes,probably but then u r set for 2-3 yrs with apples lousy minimal updates now, for more money!

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
IMG_2537.jpeg

Reactions: Mrkevinfinnerty

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I don’t know, if all that comes to fruition I think an upgrade to 16PM is going to be warranted.. even possibly from 15PM. I have a 14Plus at this point, really liked the 15PM for weight and feel, but figured waiting for 16PM might be a better path. So much horrible life is going to happen between now and Sept 2024 though, so it’ll be a limited satisfaction for sure.

;-(

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
so your hands gets also bigger and bigger, our pockets gets bigger and bigger..so you dont have anything against if Apple and Samsung goes with 8" displays in 4 years?! Lets get real, 6.5-6.7" its ok for a "big phone". When we draw a line since the borders now are at their limits...so you cannot go larger display without getting also larger physical dimensions
Lets travel with our phone not with mini tablets
If there wasn't a market for bigger, fold/flip wouldn't be so attractive to some. IMO those are desperate gimmicky ideas to allow the larger display that some of us want, but without the loss of portability. To me... bring on the 7.5-8 inch display and make the resolution even higher. Toss in Spatial Audio for grins and I'll buy all day. I may have to break out the old man purse to carry it, but I'll enjoy every second of using it.

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
we don’t need hardware updates. We desperately need a complete iOS revamp. It needs a “pro” version that allows pro users much more control and flexibility.

Reactions: gusmula

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
I feel like Wi-Fi 7 may be wishful thinking at this point. Took them long enough to add 6e and no one had a 7 router yet anyways.
I’ve had a ubiquiti u7 wifi 7 AP for months. Works great with my intel wifi7 card. Not including wifi7 in the iPhone 16 is inexcusable

shawnforever

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is astounding. There really isn't anything I need yet.

Still kicks ass at Call of Duty Mobile, too.

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
I'm not sure how all of you saying "I'm going to hold onto my ... phone for another year don't see that what you're really saying is that Apple's phones are so good you can hold onto them 4-5 years. IF you're not moved to upgrade, what you're saying is that your old phone is still good. That's a PLUS, not a negative.
Another factor may be that we, the mini users, really do not want to upgrade to a bigger phone. I have tried using XR, 11 and 12 as I had them around me, but kept my 8 as my main phone. I ended up sticking with my 8 until I got the 13 mini and skipped all the generations in between. To some of us smaller physical size really does matter and, unfortunately for us, it seems a lot of people do not mind huge phones. So yah, hopefully Apple releases a smaller device every 4-5 years, or at least something the size of iPhone X. And I used to upgrade on a yearly basis until they went bonkers with screen sizes.

Reactions: gusmula

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I am happy with my 15 pro max and I upgraded from a 14 pro max this past fall (2023). The 16 pro max seems to just have a bigger screen and some slight camera upgrades which is the norm with iPhone releases.

The 15 pro max camera does everything I need and the phone performance overall is good. I WILL however upgrade my Apple Watch Ultra ( series 1). To the new one if the rumored blood pressure monitor and other health features are included.

flofixer

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
California

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I don’t care at all about these phones which are named “pro” but are everything but pro. They have top-features, giga screen, fabulous camera, extremely fashionable. But pro? Nope. A pro phone is a phone usable day-by-day, to be carried around in a pocket (ever checked women’s pants pockets?), usable for phone calls and such (ever tried airpods and a watch? What pro needs the big screen?). That phone exists. It’s calles the mini and it’s great. Pro’s using a mini often carry around a macbook or at least an iPad (hello 15” iPad Air! You are so welcome). Even the mini is still a tad big for one-handed use. The market is big enough as long as Apple doesn’t stupididly cannibalizes its own market with both a mini and a similar sized SE and odd launching dates.
It seems the SE is also growing now and will now likely cannibalize the standard iPhone soon.

And that iPhone Pro? Let’s just call it the iPhone Fashion or iPhone Ridiculous or even iPhone Snob.
What a silly rant. Just because the larger phones don’t meet YOUR professional use case doesn’t mean they aren’t “sufficiently” pro. I have to do a lot of work on the move and the 15 Pro Max is by far the most pro iPhone yet, especially with the USB-C port that will connect to almost any USB-C accessory.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.