Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
My ideal combination was be an iPhone 5 with an iPad mini back in the day.

With only phablets available and the current iPad mini having thicker bezels than the original iPad mini, I would rather have a 7.5-inch iPhone to avoid having two devices.
have you held a regular 15? to me it feels pretty small in the hand, way smaller than an XR/11, and even *feels* smaller than 12/13/14 despite being about the same size. definitely doesn’t feel like a phablet

but yeah, my 15 plus has pretty much replaced my iPad mini, it feels unnecessary at this point. i have a larger galaxy tab for writing and drawing, but the iPhone is fine for reading or movies on a flight, which was mostly what i used the mini for

• Wow
Reactions: OJK and Dj64Mk7

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
View attachment 2369337 I trust this rumor (translated from Chinese).

This seems more likely, but perhaps slightly off . The plus gets a ‘hand me down ‘ screen and the “#smaller size” is relatively to the new iPhone Pro Max size. The plus gets LTPO screen but stays at 6.69 . Apple just stays with current tech even longer same with the non pro plain version .

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If this means the regular iPhone might drop from 6.1” to 5.9” or 5.8”, then great! Especially if they continue to shrink the bezels. The smaller the phone, the better for my wife, who is holding onto her iPhone 13 Mini for as long as possible.

I’m glad the regular Pro is moving up from 6.1” to 6.3”. I mainly got the 15 Pro Max for the 5X telephoto, which I use a lot, but 6.7” is too big. The 6.1” Pro was a touch small so this should be just right. Dont want to use 6.9”. I know it’s rumored to have a 10x telephoto but I doubt it’s worth it because 10x is so limiting if that’s my only telephoto option. If it’s a fourth camera on the back, or if they do a 48mp sensor on the telephoto on the Max only to do 5x/10x, then it might be worth it.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
have you held a regular 15? to me it feels pretty small in the hand, way smaller than an XR/11, and even *feels* smaller than 12/13/14 despite being about the same size. definitely doesn’t feel like a phablet

but yeah, my 15 plus has pretty much replaced my iPad mini, it feels unnecessary at this point. i have a larger galaxy tab for writing and drawing, but the iPhone is fine for reading or movies on a flight, which was mostly what i used the mini for
Does the iPhone 15 Plus still feel like a large phone?

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
As someone who recently picked up 15 Pro Max after heavily weighing the S24 Ultra from Samsung I feel like Apple has hit a wall. Having the same phone since the iPhone 12 Pro Max, I’ve gotten to the point where I’m failing to see the innovation in Apple’s iPhones at this point. I’m sure I can’t be the only and I’m sure I’m going get a few thumbs downs but hey the truth is the truth.

OJK

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2020
Does the iPhone 15 Plus still feel like a large phone?
Are we seriously discussing if an iPhone 15 Plus is considered a large phone? 🤭
Edit: ah, yes. It seems iPhone 15 is already considered a small phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Mitchan1999
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.