Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
With respect to the above, why do you continue to purchase Apple products?
I have both iPhone 15 Pro Max and OnePlus 12

Pros of iPhone 15 over OP12
1. iOS is amazing to use without doubt. (But OP12 is smooth as F which I can't deny)
2. Better camera but slightly.
3. Flat screen. Don't like OP12's curved edges.
4. Facetime/iMessage/Findmy iPhone ecosystem is really good

Pros of OP12 over iPhone 15 Pro Max
1. less than 1/2 the price of this iPhone
2. Wifi 7
3. Significantly better 5G coverage and reception. iPhone 700-900 Mbps while OP12 900-1150 Mbps at same spot.
4. Better battery life (I had to double check 2x as it's on Android)
5. 25 minutes to full charge 0-100% compared to 130 minutes for iPhone 15 PM
6. Can plug to PC or Mac and copy files to and from effortlessly. You can't do this on iPhone/iPad

There does seem to be a significant gap between advantages some top end Androids have over Apple. Price is one of them. There is no need to hate Apple blindly. Decide what suit's one's needs and what features one REALLY wants.

Reactions: DOD250

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2023
100% correct.

They use to lead in so many areas but the last few years have been nothing but reactionary from Tim.

They're always chasing Google, Samsung or some Chinese brand they helped get banned in the US.

Instead, they think sticking ANOTHER button on the phone or using the same design for 6 years will cover for innovation.

Of course the sheep will buy whatever they churn out, meaning they continue to drag behind.

Apple stinks of old men penny pinching.
Damn exactly my words.
I'm glad I switched already.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I have had a launch day series 0, series 3 and 4, all stainless steel. Never had a scratch on any of them. My 9 in stainless steel is a few months old and already has small scratches all over it. I’ve used it in the same way as others so assumed it’s the same thing as my iPhones.
Stainless steel is sapphire glass. Should be nigh unscratchable. I only buy the cheap watches and the standard Ion-X glass is holding up just Fine, no noticeable scratches.

macabrumorsab

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2017
LOL. Periscope zooms haven't been a new idea for 20 years. They were on Casio point and shoot cameras long before asian phone manufacturers "innovated" them.
Besides the fact that you can't compare them: isn't Casio in Asia, and aren't Japanese referred to as Asian as well?

kylelerner

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Marina del Rey, CA
Choosing to make the iPhone scratch resistant, and likely advertising it big during the keynote, is an interesting decision if a foldable is expected the year or two after.

Darajavahus

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2015
At first look on this photo the samsung seto have better display but at closer look the dynamic range is so much worse

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
Damn I love the squared screen. I wish my iPhone Pro Max corner radius was smaller like on the smaller iPhone.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Apple is prioritizing the wrong feature. Instead they should get DC dimming and get rid of temporal dithering if it's being used in phones.

Reactions: DOD250

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
100% correct.

They use to lead in so many areas but the last few years have been nothing but reactionary from Tim.

They're always chasing Google, Samsung or some Chinese brand they helped get banned in the US.

Instead, they think sticking ANOTHER button on the phone or using the same design for 6 years will cover for innovation.

Of course the sheep will buy whatever they churn out, meaning they continue to drag behind.

Apple stinks of old men penny pinching.
Being first does not matter. That's an irrelevant, tired, Android trope.

Apple still moves a billion phones and the market cap is $3T. That's what matters.

Mother Nature

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
Colombia
Shouldn’t this be on an iPhone 16 to match what others are doing ‘NOW’, not 1.5 years away???
The only one doing "this" is Samsung Mobilewith the S24 Ultra, and it's because they (Samsung Mobile) have access to these technologies from Samsung Display before others can. And it's not 1.5 years away.

Same thing applies with the whole 3nm thing. Does any SnapDragon, Exynos, or MediaTek chip have this production node? NOPE.

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
It's incredible how good new displays are getting. I have to say, one of my favourite parts of modern display coatings is the oleophobic coating.

When I compare my newer iPhone against my older iPad, the difference is insane. Fingerprints pretty much wipe off my phone when I put it in my pocket, and barely accumulate at all. My iPad is gross and stays that way, and even wiping with a microfibre cloth takes a bit of elbow grease to get them off. And they're back as soon as you touch the screen again.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
I’ve used matte finish film screen protectors on past iPhones and have had one on my M1 iPad Pro 12.9” since launch day and love the anti-reflective finish. Sure, it may slightly reduce brightness, but it makes up for that with not having to always adjust the how you look at the screen when you’re in any kind of bright lighting. And the added benefit is, if it does get scratched or damaged, it’s cheap and easy to replace. They’re also thinner than glass screen protectors so you aren’t making the devices noticeably thicker.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
If its like or even BETTER than the display in the 24U that would be great.. my S24U is the best mobile phone display i have ever used.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Once again, whether it’s long zoom lenses, AI features, or as in this article anti-reflective screens, all the new ideas are coming from Asian manufacturers these days. They develop, Apple adopts.

This article is about the glass on the front screen. Corning. American company. Which Apple invested almost 1/2 $billion in to help develop. Folks claiming this is that same as Samsung don't know. There is nothing that says that is true, speculation yes, facts, no. Do you think Corning is giving their best to Samsung when Apple is investing in them? You don't know Apple lawyers if you do.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I don't care because I put on a screen protector anyways, which will diminish the anti reflective

Same - I used to be against this, but it's allowed me to not care like I used to have to ... and keep the original screen perfect.

Screen protectors have gotten really good
I don't find there to be a meaningful difference in the visuals or feel at all

Some even come with a great little plastic applicator frame that makes it drop dead simple to perfectly install them

Reactions: Duncan68

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
In their infinite chase for product margins and trying to squeeze last drop out of outdated technology, Apple has lost their way. They are now playing catch-up for almost everything.
This is a Corning innovation, not a Samsung innovation.

Samsung is exclusively using it on their S24 Ultra, not even on any other S24 device, because it still has very limited production quantities.

If Apple were to use it in their Pro lineup, which sells about 13x more devices than Samsung's Ultra model, they either a) need to wait or b) sell far fewer phones.

Apple is just too big to do certain things early, it's quite literally suffering from success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.