Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
even Samsung users keep saying how Samsung phones are still terrible ?‍♂️ If you’re going to charge flagship prices at least make proper phones ?‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: snipr125

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
even Samsung users keep saying how Samsung phones are still terrible ?‍♂️ If you’re going to charge flagship prices at least make proper phones ?‍♂️

Good to see your back LFC2020. On another note your beloved Liverpool beat my beloved Arsenal yesterday, I’m so gutted as we been on good form lately!!!

• Haha
Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
12 pro max destroys the mi 11 ultra with that hideous camera bump on the back of the phone, another android phone with big specs that is useless.

Photos look dark and terrible.

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
My past 2 Android flagships Galaxy S10 and OnePlus 7 Pro both felt like they had pretty degraded batteries after only 6 months of usage... so I said F it and got a iPhone 11 Pro mint condition used (Last September) . I still have 100% battery health to this day and this thing is a absolute champ... Android sucks with battery still especially on standby the closest decent experience when it comes to standby was when I had a Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Years later they still can’t do something this basic right which is what slowly pushed me away.

So yeah main reason I go with iOS is the almost non existent battery anxiety I have to deal with.
Camera consistency is also really nice and the video as we all know is the best in the business. Not too long ago the iPhone was being killed by the Pixel lineup (why I got the 2) in terms of the camera but I’m glad they finally catched up while Google is busy switching up if they want to put in a wide angle or telephoto in their flagships lol.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
My past 2 Android flagships Galaxy S10 and OnePlus 7 Pro both felt like they had pretty degraded batteries after only 6 months of usage... so I said F it and got a iPhone 11 Pro mint condition used (Last September) . I still have 100% battery health to this day and this thing is a absolute champ... Android sucks with battery still especially on standby the closest decent experience when it comes to standby was when I had a Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Years later they still can’t do something this basic right which is what slowly pushed me away.

So yeah main reason I go with iOS is the almost non existent battery anxiety I have to deal with.
Camera consistency is also really nice and the video as we all know is the best in the business. Not too long ago the iPhone was being killed by the Pixel lineup (why I got the 2) in terms of the camera but I’m glad they finally catched up while Google is busy switching up if they want to put in a wide angle or telephoto in their flagships lol.
Well said, someone calling it how it is, unlike them android fan boys.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

I have had every iPhone since the very first one and upgrade every year. I also get most major Android flagships. My 12PM is my daily driver. Pixels are the closest phones to iPhones I have used with the Pixel 4XL is a great phone except for the battery. It is just not on par with my iPhones. But the overall user experience on Android phones is getting really close to iPhones.
I don't care about specs or benchmarks as they don't simulate how people actually use their phones.

Looking forward to the iPhone 13 Pro Max it whatever it will be called this year.
I would really like to see a better zoom and always on display addee this year.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Just ordered a used Pixel 3A in mint condition, just for reviewing a sponsor’s app in my YT channel. The app only available on Android for the moment.

The seller said the battery health is 94% and can hold SoT between 4-5 hours (3000 mAh). That is similar to my 12 mini (2200 mAh). We’ll see on my daily real usage.

The Pixel 3A will be my second Android phone since the 2011/2012 Galaxy Nexus. Both running stock Android which I always prefer back when I haven’t use an iPhone. This will also serve my purpose to compare modern iOS vs Android that I have not experience for years now. Should be interesting for me.

I settled the budget for this purpose for under USD 200, so the options were either a used Pixel 3A or a new Redmi Note 10 that has just been up for sale officially in my country. Read pretty much users complaining about the bloat, ads and inconsistency on the MiUI made me chose the Pixel. I personally prefer Samsung’s OneUI looks over any other skinned Android but it seems some users still complaining about daily performance degradation after few months of usage.

Also the Pixel 3A camera (photo) performance is said to be on par with the recent Pixel 4A, so should also be interesting for me to compare it to my 12 mini camera.

Reactions: jamezr

keti2377

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2020
I have had every iPhone since the very first one and upgrade every year. I also get most major Android flagships. My 12PM is my daily driver. Pixels are the closest phones to iPhones I have used with the Pixel 4XL is a great phone except for the battery. It is just not on par with my iPhones. But the overall user experience on Android phones is getting really close to iPhones.
I don't care about specs or benchmarks as they don't simulate how people actually use their phones.

Looking forward to the iPhone 13 Pro Max it whatever it will be called this year.
I would really like to see a better zoom and always on display addee this year.
I agree with you about the user experience coming pretty close to iPhones, at least with the newest OneUI update. It's why I decided to go back to Android this year but I really should try Pixel. I do feel like I'm less likely to upgrade Android phones cause it has pretty much everything that I want on a phone so I'll probably just keeps this one until upgrades are done. It doesn't make any less excited for what features iPhone 12S/13 gets though ☺️

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr and secretk

t1328

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2017
Just ordered a used Pixel 3A in mint condition, just for reviewing a sponsor’s app in my YT channel. The app only available on Android for the moment.

The seller said the battery health is 94% and can hold SoT between 4-5 hours (3000 mAh). That is similar to my 12 mini (2200 mAh). We’ll see on my daily real usage.

The Pixel 3A will be my second Android phone since the 2011/2012 Galaxy Nexus. Both running stock Android which I always prefer back when I haven’t use an iPhone. This will also serve my purpose to compare modern iOS vs Android that I have not experience for years now. Should be interesting for me.

I settled the budget for this purpose for under USD 200, so the options were either a used Pixel 3A or a new Redmi Note 10 that has just been up for sale officially in my country. Read pretty much users complaining about the bloat, ads and inconsistency on the MiUI made me chose the Pixel. I personally prefer Samsung’s OneUI looks over any other skinned Android but it seems some users still complaining about daily performance degradation after few months of usage.

Also the Pixel 3A camera (photo) performance is said to be on par with the recent Pixel 4A, so should also be interesting for me to compare it to my 12 mini camera.

I have a Pixel 3A XL as my secondary for the same reason. One thing to factor in is that the 3A has a really crappy haptic engine. So when comparing the two OS’, you’re missing that part of it. The Pixel 4a 5G has phenomenal haptics by comparison, but it is admittedly significantly more expensive. You’ll obviously still get the Android experience, but given how good the haptics are on the iPhone, it will make you miss out on that one factor, that at least in my view does really make a significant difference to the overall experience. Just something to factor in when comparing. Obviously, Samsung flagship phones also have great haptics (although not as good as either the iPhone or the higher end Pixel phones in my view).

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK

Wow you have a YT channel, whats your channel name Macdogpro?

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
I have a Pixel 3A XL as my secondary for the same reason. One thing to factor in is that the 3A has a really crappy haptic engine. So when comparing the two OS’, you’re missing that part of it. The Pixel 4a 5G has phenomenal haptics by comparison, but it is admittedly significantly more expensive. You’ll obviously still get the Android experience, but given how good the haptics are on the iPhone, it will make you miss out on that one factor, that at least in my view does really make a significant difference to the overall experience. Just something to factor in when comparing. Obviously, Samsung flagship phones also have great haptics (although not as good as either the iPhone or the higher end Pixel phones in my view).
Yes, I noticed that too from several users’ review. I should lower my expectation on that factor alone.
The haptic on iPhone and Apple Watch has been really great in my experience, never had one from Android manufacturers though. Hopefully I could harvest several great contents for my videos from the Pixel 3A, there’s still one more Android update coming for it if I’m not mistaken.

Wow you have a YT channel, whats your channel name Macdogpro?
Here’s my channel:

It’s in Indonesian language, so you probably couldn’t understand what I’m saying ?

biker74

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Scotland
I’m not sure how the guy from the tweet has his Samsung device set up, but I’ve never seen an advert in the weather app or the notification page.

I have my Note 10+ open now and can only see adverts in their fitness app and Samsung Members. I don’t have Bixby set up as it’s a bit pants. The adverts are just for their own products and they’re really not that noticeable.

Let’s be honest, Apple do the same sort of thing. You click in their news app, £9.99 please, Fitness+, oh, you need an Apple Watch etc. It’s all about making money and every company does it. It’s funny how people are outraged at Samsung doing it, unforgivable even, come on. It’s part of life.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
I’m not sure how the guy from the tweet has his Samsung device set up, but I’ve never seen an advert in the weather app or the notification page.

I have my Note 10+ open now and can only see adverts in their fitness app and Samsung Members. I don’t have Bixby set up as it’s a bit pants. The adverts are just for their own products and they’re really not that noticeable.

Let’s be honest, Apple do the same sort of thing. You click in their news app, £9.99 please, Fitness+, oh, you need an Apple Watch etc. It’s all about making money and every company does it. It’s funny how people are outraged at Samsung doing it, unforgivable even, come on. It’s part of life.
Advert depends on region. In Indonesia adverts only show in the Galaxy Store app.

paulsonj72

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
In my case it was storage size. My Android phone was 16GB and when I bought the SE 2020 I got 128 GB. I have now ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max and call me crazy but I ordered the 512 GB size model. Don’t think I’ll be running out of storage space there. I also ordered a new iPad(went cellular this time) as well as a new iMAc. Over $3K spent (Bigger than expected tax return and stimulus payment helped) and still have over $500 left once rent is paid

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
In my case it was storage size. My Android phone was 16GB and when I bought the SE 2020 I got 128 GB. I have now ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max and call me crazy but I ordered the 512 GB size model. Don’t think I’ll be running out of storage space there. I also ordered a new iPad(went cellular this time) as well as a new iMAc. Over $3K spent (Bigger than expected tax return and stimulus payment helped) and still have over $500 left once rent is paid
16GB on an android lols. nowdays i look at phones with 128gb minimum or i wont be buying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.