Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Just received my first order: silver link, light brown leather loop, bright blue leather loop, black stripe nylon, spicy orange sport loop, dark olive sport loop.

The brown leather loop has a couple marks near the end of the magnetic closure but besides that everything seems OEM and new. Saved a boat load of cash compared to getting all these at the store. Highly recommended!

Oh, got a couple for wifey too: lavender sport band with rose gold pin and a modern buckle leather in rose grey with rose gold buckle. That last one is an prototype sample that was never produced from my communications with the seller. Looks great and wifey likes the exclusive band.

Reactions: supertomtom

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Today I received my bright blue leather loop, which looks great with the black stainless steel watch. With this and my black link bracelet, I think my collection is now complete for a long time. Those two are so nice, I don‘t think I need another band. Cleaned my link bracelet for the first time using an ultrasonic cleaner today and I was stunned that it looks like new again. Cool cool cool!

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I really hope it is genuine.........
It is. The mountain of evidence in this thread suggests either they’re genuine, or the most painstaking counterfeits ever. I have several and they match all my bought-direct-from-Apple bands. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Now comes the wait. With customs and such, they take a couple weeks from order to delivery in the US. Don’t know how that stacks up for Australia.

Reactions: twanj

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Congrats. I’ve got many from them, they are genuine bands.

Now comes the wait. With customs and such, they take a couple weeks from order to delivery in the US. Don’t know how that stacks up for Australia.

Here in Australia shipping time varies, but for me usually ranges between 1-3 weeks.

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Hi I‘ve been lurking around this thread for a while. Love it , great information. I was just wondering as I would really love the sb link band whether to go for the new condition one or the 90% one? The new condition one is a bit more than I wanted to spend but I ’m worried if I go for the 90% I’ll get one with a lot of noticeable scratches. What does everyone advise who have bought either strap? I have tried to negotiate a better price but the seller will only drop about 5$.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I bought the "new condition" one and it was cosmetically flawless.

If there are significant cosmetic blemishes, chargerstore usually calls them out and even provides pictures of the blemish.

So a "90%" one is probably just minor scratches / scuffs - perhaps along the edges.

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
I bought the "new condition" one and it was cosmetically flawless.

If there are significant cosmetic blemishes, chargerstore usually calls them out and even provides pictures of the blemish.

So a "90%" one is probably just minor scratches / scuffs - perhaps along the edges.
Thank you. The thing that worries me is they show a photo as an example of the 90% one but they do say that they select at random from stock so you would never know exactly what you’re getting. But you’re pleased with your “as new one”?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
But you’re pleased with your “as new one”?

Very much so (I have the Space Black Stainless Link Bracelet). I have also purchased a few Leather Loops, Leather Classic Buckle and Woven Nylon bands from them and all have been as near as I can tell perfect.

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I bought the "slight scratch" version (I don't see a percentage in the description) and it's fine. I guess if you examined it under harsh light it's not perfect, but I've prolly added a slight scratch or 2 since I got it. you could look at my original post.

Reactions: lilackat

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
I bought the "slight scratch" version (I don't see a percentage in the description) and it's fine. I guess if you examined it under harsh light it's not perfect, but I've prolly added a slight scratch or 2 since I got it. you could look at my original post.
Thank you. I wasn’t sure what to do so I ordered the “as new” one yesterday. It hasn’t been dispatched yet, I’m really looking forward to seeing what it’s like. Hope it doesn’t take too long to the UK.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Received my Dragonfruit sports band yesterday, woohoo!!! I think it is my new favourite colour!

IMG_0343.jpeg

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Hi I was just wondering re shipping, the seller marked my item as dispatched & provided a tracking number but when I try & track it a couple days later it just says “shipment data received” as if they don’t have the parcel yet. Is this usual for Speedpak?

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Hi I was just wondering re shipping, the seller marked my item as dispatched & provided a tracking number but when I try & track it a couple days later it just says “shipment data received” as if they don’t have the parcel yet. Is this usual for Speedpak?
You’ll get literally zero updates until it’s delivered. Lol

I may be exaggerating but it’s very limited

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Yes just be patient, I have had much practice as it takes at least two weeks to clear Spanish customs, plus the time taken to actually reach Madrid and then the onward journey which takes 5-6 days.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
If you bought it via eBay, go into the app (or onto the site, I suppose), go to your account, purchases, and tap "track package" on the item - they have much better access into the tracking system than third party apps or your local post office. I've been able to track things from chargerstore pretty well this way - they take about two weeks from purchase until it lands on my doorstep (west coast, USA). This usually includes a maddening number of days for the container to get unpacked and stuff to go through customs, but it all works out to about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj and lilackat

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
My strap has just arrived - yaaay!! It looks good and has the engraving on the end which is really difficult to see. Was just wondering as it looks grey rather than Space Black, are they all like that! Are the Apple ones the same?

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
My strap has just arrived - yaaay!! It looks good and has the engraving on the end which is really difficult to see. Was just wondering as it looks grey rather than Space Black, are they all like that! Are the Apple ones the same?

Yes. The latest black straps are more dark grey.

lilackat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Yes. The latest black straps are more dark grey.
That’s a shame, I wonder why they’ve done that. I personally would prefer the strap to be a proper black to go with the space black ss watch.
What does the silver link bracelet look like with the space black watch? Wondering about another link one or a milanese band.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
That’s a shame, I wonder why they’ve done that. I personally would prefer the strap to be a proper black to go with the space black ss watch.
What does the silver link bracelet look like with the space black watch? Wondering about another link one or a milanese band.
I bought a Gen 1 Black sport band. Looks so much better with my SB Titanium than the current dark dark gray

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA

I'm guessing to better match the shades on the aluminum and titanium SB watches?

I am glad that my Leather Loop is a Gen 1 (so "true" Black) and my Stainless Link and Milanese Loops are also "real" black.

Reactions: CarlJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.