Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Well here it is. I would absolutely buy from this seller again.
5CE656F1-8DBA-47B6-92E9-B37D660B9925.jpeg

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Have the prices changed? Some of them don't seem that good compared to just buying from Apple? Am I missing something. Such as the Milanese loops....even more expensive than Apple.

Last edited:

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Have the prices changed? Some of them don't seem that good compared to just buying from Apple? Am I missing something. Such as the Milanese loops....even more expensive than Apple.

i don't think he keeps up with the price reduction recently haha

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
I know a some of his bands are priced higher because they are older versions of the bands no longer available from Apple. I bought a older version black Leather Loop from him that is actually black and not dark gray like the current one sold by Apple.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I know a some of his bands are priced higher because they are older versions of the bands no longer available from Apple. I bought a older version black Leather Loop from him that is actually black and not dark gray like the current one sold by Apple.
I mean the only one that seems worth it is the link bracelet...other than that Why not just get from Ali Express?

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I’ve purchased leather loops from this guy and they are identical in every way to the one I bought from Apple. I’m looking for sports loops now but he doesn’t seem to have many listed at the moment.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Aside from the link bracelet, you can't even tell the difference.

I can damn well tell the difference. I got a leather double loop from the largest seller on Aliexpress, and it is very obviously made from bonded leather. It also smells like chemical death.

Bonded leather is the lowest grade, it's basically scrap paper and scrap leather glued together and sealed with polyurethane. The Aliexpress pictures of course, look exactly like Apple's band (and they probably ARE pictures of Apple's band).

Fake fake fake fake.

Reactions: CarlJ

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I can damn well tell the difference. I got a leather double loop from the largest seller on Aliexpress, and it is very obviously made from bonded leather. It also smells like chemical death.

Bonded leather is the lowest grade, it's basically scrap paper and scrap leather glued together and sealed with polyurethane. The Aliexpress pictures of course, look exactly like Apple's band (and they probably ARE pictures of Apple's band).

Fake fake fake fake.
I'm speaking visually. Yes of course cheaper material for cheaper price.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I mean the only one that seems worth it is the link bracelet...other than that Why not just get from Ali Express?

The seller is popular because she has stock of discontinued genuine Apple bands/loops that many of us are after. For me it’s worth it. If getting the real thing doesn’t matter to you, there are obviously cheaper places to get fakes elsewhere on eBay or Ali Express.

Reactions: twanj and bp328i

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I'm speaking visually. Yes of course cheaper material for cheaper price.
So it's on your wrist for many hours at a time and you only care about how it looks? I care at least as much about how it feels (and also about how securely it holds my watch). Aside from that, I have yet to see a silicone knockoff band that really looked the same as an Apple band from reasonably close inspection (but then, I don't wear them to impress others - I couldn't care less what they think of my watch band - I wear them to please and amuse myself). Your, "you can't even tell the difference", seems laughably wrong.

But then, we get plenty of people coming into this subforum, or in the comment sections of watch-related articles on the site (like every time new colors come out), who say, "I buy the knockoffs because they're way cheaper and they're exactly the same", and I think, "there's someone with almost no powers of observation, or who has absolutely no idea what the word 'exactly' means."

If your point is, "I like to wear mediocre crap", then, well, everybody is entitled to their own tastes and opinions. If your point is, "why doesn't everybody else do the same?", well, then, see above.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
But then, we get plenty of people coming into this subforum, or in the comment sections of watch-related articles on the site (like every time new colors come out), who say, "I buy the knockoffs because they're way cheaper and they're exactly the same", and I think, "there's someone with almost no powers of observation, or who has absolutely no idea what the word 'exactly' means."

If your point is, "I like to wear mediocre crap", then, well, everybody is entitled to their own tastes and opinions. If your point is, "why doesn't everybody else do the same?", well, then, see above.
My Series 5 is my first Apple Watch, I came from a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm and before it was delivered I was thinking like this about the bands. I bought six Nike style bands off Amazon for something like $30, as soon as my AW was delivered and I felt the difference the knockoffs were returned. I'll never buy a knockoff band again.

Now I'm up to seven authentic bands (with my eye on my eighth) and have two Series 5 AW's (Silver Stainless Steel and Silver Nike+ Aluminum) all in just over a month.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
My Series 5 is my first Apple Watch, I came from a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm and before it was delivered I was thinking like this about the bands. I bought six Nike style bands off Amazon for something like $30, as soon as my AW was delivered and I felt the difference the knockoffs were returned. I'll never buy a knockoff band again.

Now I'm up to seven authentic bands (with my eye on my eighth) and have two Series 5 AW's (Silver Stainless Steel and Silver Nike+ Aluminum) all in just over a month.

It’s such a slippery slope. I’ve stopped counting now... ??

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
So it's on your wrist for many hours at a time and you only care about how it looks? I care at least as much about how it feels (and also about how securely it holds my watch). Aside from that, I have yet to see a silicone knockoff band that really looked the same as an Apple band from reasonably close inspection (but then, I don't wear them to impress others - I couldn't care less what they think of my watch band - I wear them to please and amuse myself). Your, "you can't even tell the difference", seems laughably wrong.

Jesus, said one thing and now getting attacked in this thread. Everyone can do whatever they want, chill. I was speaking price wise for what spending in comparison. Some people care about how it looks vs how it feels. No problems. Enjoy your purchase.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Until the day Apple decides to change the watch band compatibility/design. I’m dreading the arrival of that day, haha, hopefully not for a few more generations.
They've had institutional experience with building interfaces and then having to live within those limits for a long time, they released the Apple Watch on their own schedule and likely evaluated a lot of alternatives, considering future needs. And they know they've got a good thing going here. I don't see them changing the watchband interface until the watch itself undergoes a really seriously radical change. I don't see that happening for quite a while. The most they will do is make it a bit thinner (when battery technology allows them to), and the existing band interface can accommodate that.

Reactions: twanj

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Jesus, said one thing and now getting attacked in this thread. Everyone can do whatever they want, chill. I was speaking price wise for what spending in comparison.
You're not getting attacked, you're getting a lot of disagreement when you say things like, "you can't even tell the difference", when we clearly can. Adding a "speaking price wise" qualification makes no sense. So, you're saying, "you can't even tell the difference... for the price?" What does that even mean? Either you can tell the difference or you can't.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
You're not getting attacked, you're getting a lot of disagreement when you say things like, "you can't even tell the difference", when we clearly can. Adding a "speaking price wise" qualification makes no sense. So, you're saying, "you can't even tell the difference... for the price?" What does that even mean? Either you can tell the difference or you can't.
I am talking about looking at what that person is posting on ebay and Ali Express. Visually, I don't see the difference in the pictures aside from the link bracelet being a different design. Sure, Ali Express is made with cheaper material and may FEEL different. But when I say "you can't even tell the difference" I am looking at pictures that look the same. When did I say "for the price?" I never said that. And I agreed with people in the thread saying "I'm speaking visually. Yes of course cheaper material for cheaper price."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.