Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stflush

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
Im interested in a black stainless steel 42mm. Are you guys ordering the new without tags version or the pre-owned version? I know mine won’t stay in perfect condition so I’m leaning towards the pre-owned, but there doesn’t seem to be very many available. Do they restock regularly? I’m wondering if I can wait for the next eBay coupon offer.

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Hi Fellow MacRumors Link Bracelet Fans. I have been following this thread with interest for a number of weeks, as I really like the look of the Link Bracelet & think that the SB Link Bracelet would look great with my 40mm Series 4 SBSS Watch...but the price to buy the Link Bracelet direct from Apple (£449) is a bit ridiculous. I have therefore been considering the eBay route, but have been too nervous to order, in the fear that I may receive a fake or scratched bracelet. HOWEVER, on Friday evening, I stumbled across what I believe is an amazing deal on the Costco website (in the UK). If anyone is after a 38mm Space Black Link Bracelet, I recommend that you go to Costco.co.uk ASAP! Here is what Costco have up on their website:

Apple Watch Series 2, Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet for £229.99

So you get the Link Bracelet AND a SBSS Watch (only Series 2, but who is complaining at this price!)

I ordered on Friday evening, but held back from posting on here until now, as I thought it was almost too good to be true & that Costco would call me today to advise that a mistake had been made...but I’ve had an email this afternoon, advising that the Watch has shipped & is on it’s way to me.

My plan is to sell the Watch without the strap - not sure how much Apple GiveBack would give me (you need a serial number to get a quote, so I cannot check until the Watch is delivered), but I do know that CEX are offering £130 for the Series 2 SBSS Watch Face Only (38mm), so even if I sell via CEX, I would ultimately end up with a genuine Link Bracelet for £99 !!!

A couple of points to highlight about the Costco deal - it states ‘Starting at £229.99’ and ‘In Two Sizes’, but in the drop down list of sizes, only 38mm is listed (maybe they had 42mm but sold out?). Also, I was unsure whether the price of £229.99 included VAT, as when you go to a physical Costco store, they display prices exclusive of VAT...but I have checked my Credit Card transactions & I have been billed only £229.99, thus the pricing on the Costco website is inclusive of VAT.

I did think about putting this info on Hot Deals, but thought it would be better to ‘not let the cat out of the bag’ just yet & give you guys the chance to take advantage of this deal, before Costco sell out.

Anyway, hope this info will be of help to someone out there (preferably, someone with a Costco membership, who is after a 38mm Link Bracelet in Space Black!), For anyone after a Silver Link Bracelet, or Space Black in 42mm, then good luck with the eBay route!

Will post a picture of my delivery from Costco when it arrives (all being well, should have it tomorrow)

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
My band is delivered and it is legit! 8.5 to 9 out of 10. Some light scratches ad advertised but almost impossible to see without looking for them
[doublepost=1541466512][/doublepost]I’ll post pics tomorrow

Reactions: MagicTorch

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
How was the space black only $140? It shows up as 228 for me?
I bought from seller: chargerstore

Here's some pics. Probably the best $140 I've ever spent. The thing is beautiful! - Prepare to wait 2.5 week for delivery though. I purchased on 10-18 just got it yesterday

14KWdNQ.jpg

Vw6KMfb.jpg

776XLjy.jpg

XchZGLc.jpg

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Photos of the Series 2 SBSS Watch with Link Bracelet from Costco for £229 (they still have 38mm in stock). Outer packaging was missing the plastic seal & was dirty, but inside, all was fine & the Link Bracelet is perfect. Link Bracelet now moved over to my Series 4

F52F3ED9-78CB-42B0-988A-0F16B7A678A5.jpeg
2F3A3198-9B2F-4572-8391-EC0057ED4A3A.jpeg
A1369605-FF9A-408E-BB92-2C5DE58B945D.jpeg
CB4DAFE8-7E43-477B-80B6-21DEB60F8154.jpeg
53F395BD-1D24-47DF-B8E8-E873F0BC45B8.jpeg
0AB0834C-A55B-489B-9A0A-71C1563C1AA0.jpeg
4D00C14E-459A-4018-8DE1-92294B984D45.jpeg
072F89FC-10F9-4B54-90B5-D798E855D974.jpeg

Last edited:

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I bought from seller: chargerstore

Here's some pics. Probably the best $140 I've ever spent. The thing is beautiful! - Prepare to wait 2.5 week for delivery though. I purchased on 10-18 just got it yesterday

WOW, that really does look great!

Dumb question, I see it's 42mm (even on Apple's site) - it fits fine on the new 44mm watches?

Reactions: techno-Zen

stflush

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
Im interested in a black stainless steel 42mm. Are you guys ordering the new without tags version or the pre-owned version? I know mine won’t stay in perfect condition so I’m leaning towards the pre-owned, but there doesn’t seem to be very many available. Do they restock regularly? I’m wondering if I can wait for the next eBay coupon offer.

I’ll answer my own question on stock. I was eyeing the pre-owned $155 listing and got a 10% eBay bucks offer so I pulled the trigger. They accepted my offer of $150. There was one left after I purchased and it eventually went out of stock, but now it’s active again with four available. This is eBay seller chargerstore.

Reactions: techno-Zen

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
A couple questions...

1) How do you tell if a link bracelet is genuine? I see the (42mm) 316L STAINLESS STEEL in the middle part. Are there more markings?

2) Do I need to try one on at the Apple store? I usually wear Sport Bands on the fourth hole.

The pictures you guys post make it look great. The pictures on the ebay listing for the black link bracelet make it look like the DLC wasn't applied evenly & that's why it was factory rejected.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
A couple questions...

1) How do you tell if a link bracelet is genuine? I see the (42mm) 316L STAINLESS STEEL in the middle part. Are there more markings?

2) Do I need to try one on at the Apple store? I usually wear Sport Bands on the fourth hole.

The pictures you guys post make it look great. The pictures on the ebay listing for the black link bracelet make it look like the DLC wasn't applied evenly & that's why it was factory rejected.

To answer question number 2.

I was in an Apple Store the other day and was able to try black and silver on for the first time. I have a SS but I tried the SB link with an SB watch and also the SS link with my watch. To be honest they are beautiful band but I didn't like the level of silver shininess with the SS watch. I did really like the black link with the SBSS, and if I had a SB watch it would have strengthened my resolve to get one.

I'm glad I tried it on though as I realized it's not for me (SS).

Reactions: twanj

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Got the SS link in the other day—definitely legit. And if it isn’t, it’s so close to the authentic one that I couldn’t care less about it being fake lol.

Seriously though, everything is spot on.

jamdex

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2012
Manchester UK
Its looks and feels legit. All the links work as they should and it fits and operated perfectly. Had my stainless steel bracelet since march.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Today I got the first gen Classic buckle.
I dont think it is genuine.
In the band holes I see a sticky black tar like stuff which sticks to the SS Pin of the Band.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 402

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Today I got the first gen Classic buckle.
I dont think it is genuine.
In the band holes I see a sticky black tar like stuff which sticks to the SS Pin of the Band.

I bought one of these as well but won't get it for 2 weeks prob. The link bracelet I got last week is real, that I do know. I wonder if that tarry stuff is from whatever they glue the leather to in the middle. It's leather on top and bottom and some type of filler to get the thickness I presume. Maybe someone who has one will chime in.

costellomusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I picked up this thread just after i’d Ordered from this seller. I ordered a 42MM SS link for my new S4 SS picked the “as new” listing - arrived after 10 days it’s absolutely perfect. Not a mark on it, paid £115 for it. 100% legit from what I can tell, and if it’s not IDGAF because it looks as close to real as I can get at that price. So so happy with it.
If anyone’s on the fence, I’d just totally go with it.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

stflush

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
eBay has a 15% off coupon code active until 8 Eastern tonight for anyone thinking of grabbing one. Code is PICKFAST, must order through the eBay app.

Reactions: twanj

stflush

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
I’ll answer my own question on stock. I was eyeing the pre-owned $155 listing and got a 10% eBay bucks offer so I pulled the trigger. They accepted my offer of $150. There was one left after I purchased and it eventually went out of stock, but now it’s active again with four available. This is eBay seller chargerstore.

Finally received this today. Very happy with the condition, have to look closely and be super critical to notice a couple minor defects. The markings are there and it definitely appears legit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.