Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I don’t know who she is, but lookit that response from the man himself.

Please feel free to slap a Politics label on this thread 😂

1669482466431.png

1669482633392.png

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yeah sure, Facebook phone is insanely popular it dies. Same as windows phone. Elon musk would need to have over 90% of American population supporting him to make this phone to even have a chance. And which OS will they use? AOSP? a Brand new system? Who builds phones for them? App support? These dudes have absolutely no idea what that suggestion means.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
This has been a rumor for a while. He is not going into large scale phone manufacture unless he takes up the Linux OS and makes a proper phone and uses Starlink to make it work. I would just go with stagnant Ubuntu Touch.

That could happen but I doubt it. Blackberry uses parts of their old OS10 in cars and such now so he has few options.

But Linux is on its deathbed and a small tiny amount of cash would make it viable. If he goes this route I’m behind him! Remember the profitability won’t be from the actual phones but the services they provide to him via his other companies (Starlink) - that could work.

I have a Linux phone that actually works and you could live with - building on that would be easy.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
No, I don’t believe Jobs laid of 50% staff, fired like 80% contractors (with zero notice), laid off countless remaining employees who refused to work crazy hours
yeah but he berated employees yelled at them and ended their careers. He would demand people work for weeks on end and belittle and fire them if the balked at it. Some of the same things people are roasting Musk for Jobs did. But people celebrated those actions.

Then to be honest here twitter was over staffed and very unproductive and is now running at a higher capacity with less people.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
I used to like Elon, but now I can’t really say that. I just don’t understand why people think he’s some savior who can and will do absolutely everything to “save the world”

Especially among more conservative circles, I’ve noticed people view him as a Godsend, as they did Trump, and as they are now doing to Kanye and his “presidential endeavor” lol

I guess it’s all apart of the “cult” mentality — not in a bad way — and he’s their leader. Apple has it (I admit, I’m fully in it!), Trump, Elon, etc

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I don’t see it happening. The only company that has the resources at this scale to take on Apple/Google is Microsoft, and they already failed once at it.

Yep. According to Tim Cook.

We've learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone," "That Tesla guy is not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in."

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
yeah but he berated employees yelled at them and ended their careers. He would demand people work for weeks on end and belittle and fire them if the balked at it. Some of the same things people are roasting Musk for Jobs did. But people celebrated those actions.

Then to be honest here twitter was over staffed and very unproductive and is now running at a higher capacity with less people.
Did you work alongside Jobs? Do you have first hand knowledge or are you judging the man based on second or third hand accounts? Not having known him personally, I can only go by how he presented himself publicly. There is a gulf between the two in that regard.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yes he could be horrible. Don’t forget that he tried to get out of parking child support
But we’ re talking about Elon.
right he barely acknowledged he even had a daughter.
But isn't funny how people will endorse one person's bad or horrible behavior but then give others a pass for it....
Then look what SJ went on to accomplish afterwards....in todays society they would have tried to "cancel" him as they are trying to do to Musk

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Did you work alongside Jobs? Do you have first hand knowledge or are you judging the man based on second or third hand accounts? Not having known him personally, I can only go by how he presented himself publicly. There is a gulf between the two in that regard.
right but then...we have documented history on our sides.....
Do you deny all history then because you didn't see it firsthand?

enterthemerdaverse

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2022
Warsaw
I used to like Elon, but now I can’t really say that. I just don’t understand why people think he’s some savior who can and will do absolutely everything to “save the world”

He and his financiers engineered that image. They used troll farms, paid influencers, Hollywood and financial media shareholders to create this image of a genius. This image is now shattered and because of that he is lashing out and trying desperately to maintain a fandom, but he can’t get the progressive or moderate base anymore so he has to reach for the fringe lunatics and grifters.

He has narcissistic collapse:

https://www.choosingtherapy.com/narcissistic-collapse/

‘Narcissistic collapse happens when someone with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) can no longer uphold their grandiose, confident image. When this occurs, they feel profoundly threatened. As a result, they tend to become enraged, resulting in impulsive behavior, intense lashing out, or hurting other people. While this reaction isn’t usually intentional, it’s a way to re-establish a sense of control.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.