Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
That sounds reasonable, but in actuality when there are people demanding that people get kicked off social platforms, company’s not advertise with them, essentially erased from public society, all for (let’s stay on topic at least) buying a company and saying that people should have the constitutionally protected ability to say whatever they want.
Again, you have to adhere to the “rules” of today’s society. Advertising does not necessarily care to be apart of associated with negativity… agree? And if Twitter is leaning heavy on no moderation… where anything says goes, then it would be a bad look for advertising to part of the social platform.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
what an unfortunate quagmire this thread has become.

Lets distill it back on track....

So Musk is upset with Apple who no longer want to use his (new) platform to advertise on i.e. pay him lots of money....?
OK then... ask yourself why and grow up and stop whining about it. Address the problem stop dragging everyone else into it.
He just looks utterly unprofessional publicly complaining about Apple who have done absolutely nothing wrong. It's their right where they choose to spend their advertising money. Musk is obviously sour that the 44 Billion platform he just purchased is crumbling around his ears but its entirely his actions that are causing it.

Whilst you are at it... why not actually support CarPlay and android auto in your cars? Nothing more than another petty ego thing.

Also... you think you can build a phone from scratch and it will come anywhere close to making an impact on iOS and Android devices? really? the hubris.... check out Microsofts very valiant efforts at the very reasonable Windows Mobile platform - great platform with no dev support and even throwing billions at it didnt work.

Anyone that reads this... and the OP's headline is completely wrong frankly.... Its happening?? NO it isnt.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
I really do hope he builds his own phone.

I look forward to him and his abrasive know it all personality blowing another $44 billion into pieces.

He won't though.

He's just whining like a three-year-old. Again.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I love that the opposite of being woke is being bigoted, racist and homophobic. And yet woke is the bad one. We're deep into SelfAwareWolf county here.
No it’s not an opposite… it’s just the most recognizable and widely used derogatory term for “things I don’t like and disagree with” when the opposing viewpoint is anything but R/B/H.

Likewise, “woke” can be misapplied and is a mocking term for ridiculous claims.

Woke is a mocking term.

R/B/H is a catch-all factually incorrect, but believed to be truth, misused label.

It’s actually genius both of them:
“Woke” is an undefinable used to mock the left, using the same emotional argument against the left as an attack, driving the left nuts because it altered the intended usage.

“R/B/H is a factually incorrect term that drives the right crazy because it is factually incorrect most of the time.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
what an unfortunate quagmire this thread has become.

Lets distill it back on track....

So Musk is upset with Apple who no longer want to use his (new) platform to advertise on i.e. pay him lots of money....?
OK then... ask yourself why and grow up and stop whining about it. Address the problem stop dragging everyone else into it.
He just looks utterly unprofessional publicly complaining about Apple who have done absolutely nothing wrong. It's their right where they choose to spend their advertising money. Musk is obviously sour that the 44 Billion platform he just purchased is crumbling around his ears but its entirely his actions that are causing it.

Whilst you are at it... why not actually support CarPlay and android auto in your cars? Nothing more than another petty ego thing.

Also... you think you can build a phone from scratch and it will come anywhere close to making an impact on iOS and Android devices? really? the hubris.... check out Microsofts very valiant efforts at the very reasonable Windows Mobile platform - great platform with no dev support and even throwing billions at it didnt work.

Anyone that reads this... and the OP's headline is completely wrong frankly.... Its happening?? NO it isnt.
Oh just lighten up and laugh a little 🤣 the ridiculous meme image is meant to have a little fun.

of COURSE it’s a long way off from happening, but it would be pretty cool if it did!

And if you think it’s not cool, well, it’s interesting to converse over why you think not.

Ubuntu was interesting OS, webOS was awesome, blackberry 10 was interesting. If musk revived any of those to compete it would be pretty cool from a tech enthusiast’s POV.

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
If you don’t think that’s true then you don’t understand Musk and his autism. It isn’t in him not to be genuine with his thoughts and actions. His personality / autism isn’t wired that way.

When Elon Musk says he spent $44 billion to ensure that Twitter remains an incorruptible, non-government influenced entity (at any time in society), then that is exactly why he spent $44 billion to purchase it.

You think he spent a huge chunk of his net worth for fun? Sold all those Tesla shares for kicks? You think he created the Boring company to reduce traffic, SpaceX for interplanetary existence, and Tesla for safer driving, for fun?

The man is one of the only CEO’s other than Bill Gates who is spending a large chunk of their own money and basically all of their free time working to improve the lives of others.

Mocking Elon Musk is one of the strangest things to me, it’s like mocking the potential success and betterment of your own species. Totally bizarre.
It sounds like you believe this so hard that you're unwilling to see any facts that may contradict it.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
right..they can both be subjective depending on the lens they are viewed....
Yea in like ninth grade we were taught first person accounts are closest to the truth, but even then everyone interprets what they saw differently. This is why I love games and movies like Hoodwinked where you see different points of view.

Reactions: jamezr

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
Bet you 10 bucks he does not mention his phone "plans" again.

(Unless apple and google boot out his app)

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Oh just lighten up and laugh a little 🤣 the ridiculous meme image is meant to have a little fun.

of COURSE it’s a long way off from happening, but it would be pretty cool if it did!

And if you think it’s not cool, well, it’s interesting to converse over why you think not.

Ubuntu was interesting OS, webOS was awesome, blackberry 10 was interesting. If musk revived any of those to compete it would be pretty cool from a tech enthusiast’s POV.

The OS is largely irrelevant. There is no demand from the market for a third OS.

Microsoft tried by developing Windows Phone (an excellent mobile OS), buying Nokia to build the HW, and spending a TON of money to get developers to port their apps.

It still failed, losing billions in the process.

In short, what matters is the App Store, and there's no magic bullet for that.

Developers won't build apps for a platform with no users and users won't buy it because they want the apps they're used to using.

No amount of engineering is going to fix that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM and macsplusmacs

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
Enron's mythical App Store will consist of:

One Twitter app. (he will ban all others)
His battery car's app.
9999999999 crypto apps.

• Haha
Reactions: JM

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Really love the faux moral high horses, how about China Apple? How about all the Islamic countries and their human rights abuses? I would think a gay CEO might take offense to how gays and homosexuality are treated and looked upon in these places.

And this isn't just Apple, I have no team in this but I mean it is obvious what a going on as far as the Twitter situation
Tell us, what's "obviously" going on?

All I see is that Apple won't advertise on Twitter (along with a lot of other brands).

Educate us; what is the truth of this situation?

Reactions: macsplusmacs

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Both of those are not road worthy and unsafe. Most cities in the world aren’t like those American cities that have 30 mile straight roads and no visible pedestrians. FSD will never be a thing in any car brand in cities like Paris, Hanoi or Mumbai that grew organically over 100s of years and are very densely populated with a lot of footfall.
Yea this is the same as that crazy driving article I read once. They had to have lived in the middle of nowhere with this junk about acceleration and decelerating over super long distances. In the real world you will get beeped or run over or worse

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020

Stop the wrong think or else basically
That's a straw man argument that no one has actually made, so good luck with that one.

But here's something to be aware of regarding free speech:

Free speech laws only protects speech from government censorship.

Individuals and companies are free to police speech in their homes, workplaces, and platforms as they see fit - that is their right.

Also, freedom of speech does not include ALL speech - slander, defamation, or hate speech are not protected by free speech laws.

Finally, free speech does not protect you from consequences of your speech. It NEVER has. It's why I'm criticizing and educating you now - it's my right.

And if MacRumors decides my comment is not allowed, they're within their rights to erase my comment or block me.

That's how free speech works.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013

hey! Dont pick on me!! Theres 10 whole pages of quite angry comments before my more balanced view appeared!

but for information... you created a thread titled 'its happennnnningggggggggg tesla phone' does kindof imply you think it is.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Moderator Note:

Unfortunately, it seems every recent thread posted discussing Elon Musk or Twitter seems to attract Political comments, which are not allowed outside of the Political News forum. Because of this, this thread is now closed to further discussion.

You can use the Elon Musk Claims Apple Has 'Mostly Stopped' Offering Ads on Twitter and Is Making Moderation Demands Political News thread, which does touch on remarks from Musk that he is considering making his own phone.

Should Twitter get to the point where its lack of moderation causes Apple and Google to remove it from their stores, Musk said that he will "make an alternative phone." He said that it hopes "it does not come to that," but will do so if there is "no other choice."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: that be me and JM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.