Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Twitter is too important in actual news & information delivery for Apple & Google to remove i willy nilly because they don't like Musk.

This isn't a bug you can squash like Parler.

Apple & Google can't police the content in Safari or Chrome. They can't police the content on Twitter either.

Reactions: JM

macsimcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
right he barely acknowledged he even had a daughter.
But isn't funny how people will endorse one person's bad or horrible behavior but then give others a pass for it....
Then look what SJ went on to accomplish afterwards....in todays society they would have tried to "cancel" him as they are trying to do to Musk

But Musk SHOULD be canceled. He’s a liar, a thief, a criminal, and a sexual predator. He’s total scum.

macsimcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
Sure, having an opinion about one of the most successful entrepreneurs and the wealthiest man on earth = being a cult member.

The dude is probably the most successful living person on earth, and no company he’s ever laid his hands on has failed, most are wildly successful. It’s facts, not cultish thinking.

Tesla would have failed if President Obama hadn’t bailed it out. Hyperloop and Boring are total failures. PayPal has always been a scam. Elon makes a car with the quality of a Tercel or Sentra, puts batteries in it, and charges $60K or $80K, and dupes buy them. Teslas are recalled all the time. Remember how you were going to earn money renting your Tesla out as a robotaxi? Remember how FSD was going to work years ago? Remember how the Cybertruck windows could withstand a metal ball? More lies. Elon has lied about his college degree, he’s broken anti-union laws and labor laws. He lied about founding Tesla. SpaceX wouldn’t exist but for government handouts. Elon is a liar, a criminal, a leech, and a scammer, not to mention an incel, a narcissist, a sexual harasser, and a psychopath. He belongs in prison.

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
Tesla would have failed if President Obama hadn’t bailed it out. Hyperloop and Boring are total failures. PayPal has always been a scam. Elon makes a car with the quality of a Tercel or Sentra, puts batteries in it, and charges $60K or $80K, and dupes buy them. Teslas are recalled all the time. Remember how you were going to earn money renting your Tesla out as a robotaxi? Remember how FSD was going to work years ago? Remember how the Cybertruck windows could withstand a metal ball? More lies. Elon has lied about his college degree, he’s broken anti-union laws and labor laws. He lied about founding Tesla. SpaceX wouldn’t exist but for government handouts. Elon is a liar, a criminal, a leech, and a scammer, not to mention an incel, a narcissist, a sexual harasser, and a psychopath. He belongs in prison.
Genuine question: that solar roofing product that was announced years ago. Was that a Musk thing or a partnership between Tesla and another company? Cause that didn’t pan out…

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009

Well…there is so much to unpack here and I don’t have all of the time, but PayPal is one of the leading financial services company around, payable almost anywhere within the US and globe. Hyperloop and Boring are not failures, he has literally opened tunnels under Las Vegas and they operate well.

And Tesla paid off their $465 million loan 9 years earlier than scheduled. Tesla is the only US automaker (other than Ford) which has never gone bankrupt.

Tesla is now the most valuable automaker in the world, surpassing even Toyota.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
There's a difference between an explanation and an excuse. Given that I am autistic, I do not need to have it explained to me.

I think that maybe you do, because there are multiple forms of autism and an entire spectrum of mental capabilities (or lack thereof) due to it, and I’m sure you know this.

That doesn’t change the fact that society in general does not appreciate genius. It never has. Because the only way geniuses are made is to go against ‘normal’ society behaviors. Name one genius or super successful entrepreneur that hasn’t. Then check how much hate and contempt they received for being ‘different’ or unconventional. There aren’t very many.

Reactions: JM and jamezr

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
This reads very much like “he delivers his thoughts in a dickly manner, but because that’s how he thinks, and people just aren’t used to that, it’s fine”. It’s not like you can process information in a certain way and then adjust your delivery to be acceptable by the rest of the world.

Autistic people can’t or don’t. Have any of the detractors in this thread ever seen the man speak? Watched an interview? He very clearly does not speak or process thoughts the same as an average person, why on earth would anyone expect him to run his companies any differently?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
It’s never going to happen, and if it did, it would fail. And I say this as the owner of a Tesla car and Tesla solar, both of which are excellent.

phenste

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
right he barely acknowledged he even had a daughter.
But isn't funny how people will endorse one person's bad or horrible behavior but then give others a pass for it....
Then look what SJ went on to accomplish afterwards....in todays society they would have tried to "cancel" him as they are trying to do to Musk

someone else mighta said this already but w/b the fact that elon has ten (10) children…do we think any of them are getting proper fatherly attn from a dude who(’s attempting to) run three companies at once

everyone here has sufficiently laid out the reasons why this whole phone thing will never succeed so ima just leave this here for your entertainment:

Reactions: SqB

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
But Musk SHOULD be canceled. He’s a liar, a thief, a criminal, and a sexual predator. He’s total scum.
you have no idea what you are talking about.....YOU are whats wrong with todays cancel culture...don't like someone or they have differing views or political opionions..... you want to cancel them. You probably would have canceled Steve Jobs then.....

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Autistic people can’t or don’t.
This autistic person can and does. It's about using prior experience to inform my future behavior as a defense mechanism.

I don't get interactions right all the time — no one does, of course, but autism means having a harder time with it than others — but autistic people without the luxury of a net worth in the billions have absolutely no choice but to mask if they wish to be a productive member of society. It's almost impossible to function in the workplace, in relationships (platonic or romantic), in anything without some amount of masking for autistic people. Some are better at it than others, yes, but it's a skill one has to develop or (metaphorically) die trying.

And again, autism is an explanation, not an excuse. His having autism absolutely does not mean it's okay for him to be rude to others, much like it's not okay for people with bipolar disorder to lash out at others. The difference is, when I find out I did something wrong, I apologize and work to improve such that it ideally doesn't happen again. When Elon finds out he did something wrong, he fires the person who told him. Allegedly, of course.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
someone else mighta said this already but w/b the fact that elon has ten (10) children…do we think any of them are getting proper fatherly attn from a dude who(’s attempting to) run three companies at once

everyone here has sufficiently laid out the reasons why this whole phone thing will never succeed so ima just leave this here for your entertainment:

sooooo we have documented proof from SJ himself and his ex wife and daughter that he ignored and made then get a paternity test to prove the girl was his...when he knew all along it was his.

Now you SPECULATE that maybe Musk is bad father to bolster your weak POV

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. My family and I have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of Apple products in the last 5 years (way too much, in fact). But if Apple dumps the Twitter app and doesn’t support efforts for more free and unbiased speech in this country, I will gladly not spend any more money with them in the future & support a Musk phone.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
No, I don’t believe Jobs laid of 50% staff, fired like 80% contractors (with zero notice), laid off countless remaining employees who refused to work crazy hours

I never thought I'd post something like this in a thread like this, but a majority of the original MobileMe team at an impromptu meeting or recipients of the '90 hours a week and loving it' shirt would like to chat...

Chriss_m

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2022
Scotland
As a european this comment section is quite the eyebrow raiser
I guess I understand how a certain orange President could happen now.

Some people seem to think if someone is rich that makes them a great person.

Listen, given the number of actually far right governments that Europeans have voted in over the last ten years, I don’t really think you’re in any position to be condescending to anyone, frankly. Or indeed the lack of support or reluctance many European countries have shown Ukraine. Fortunately the US and my country the UK were there.

Last edited:

Chriss_m

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2022
Scotland
I unloaded all the passengers from my car and fired my mechanic. It still drives!

Will be fine until it needs a service.

Anyone who has talent and isn't tied to a working visa has left twitter for greener pastures most likely.

You analogy would be fitting if your car was running more efficiently after you fire your mechanic. You might come to think your mechanic was actively sabotaging your car. The point about the passengers doesn’t make any sense. Because there are more twitter users now than under the old leadership.

I hate this point about the working visas. It seemed to be brought up after Musk took a photo with the remaining engineers and they were non-white, so immediately the eminently progressive mob decided they were all immigrants. A little gross, if you ask me.

But either way, again nonsensical. If Musk was concerned about people leaving he wouldn’t still be firing people, as is reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.