Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
Mocking Elon Musk is one of the strangest things to me, it’s like mocking the potential success and betterment if your own species. Totally bizarre.
I personally know people in cults (really sad to see what they do), and your statement reads exactly like something they’d say. And just like a cult member, I’m not going to waste my time convincing you otherwise. Have fun!

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
Another reskinned Android phone that's doomed to fail. Tesla would be shooting themselves in the foot if iPhone doesn't offer a premium experience with Tesla's entertainment system.

Reactions: KeithBN

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I personally know people in cults (really sad to see what they do), and your statement reads exactly like something they’d say. And just like a cult member, I’m not going to waste my time convincing you otherwise. Have fun!

Sure, having an opinion about one of the most successful entrepreneurs and the wealthiest man on earth = being a cult member.

The dude is probably the most successful living person on earth, and no company he’s ever laid his hands on has failed, most are wildly successful. It’s facts, not cultish thinking.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Wonder what those new users are. Maybe all Trump followers. Who knows.
Also, those guys who actually run twitter and maintain servers etc etc are all gone. It’s only a matter of time for issue to pop up and Twitter server will breakdown.
Whether Twitter will reborn like Phoenix or just die out, I am more than happy to get my popcorn ready For this drama. RIP all of those japanese artists accounts tho.

You never understand the other side of humanity unless someone opens the pandora box.
We are not just imperfect, we are both good and evil at the same time. Only the proper trigger is required to reveal the other side.
Rich being equivalent to success is not right, but that’s how quite a few parents teaching their kids.

It isn’t the BEING rich that parents teach them as being successful, it’s the quality of traits and mind that MAKE you rich. It’s about training the mind…

Donald Trump has never drank in his life, he does not smoke, and he’s a notorious light sleeper and hard worker.

He held 13 rallies in the week leading up to the election - after surviving the deadlier variant of COVID. Sometimes he’d host one rally and then decide to spontaneously do another, sometimes going as late as 11pm.

When he took over the White House, he stayed up late, usually 11pm, and was up by 4 or 5. The White House staff had never seen an administration like it, they actually had to change their schedules all around and adjust to how many hours Trump worked.

He understands people, gets people, and can talk to others on their level, without sounding condescending. He is also a great negotiator and can close almost any deal (read: every country or leader, as president).

These are some of the qualities and traits that make good CEO’s, good CEO’s. Most people do not get to the top of major corporations without discipline and talent (in various ways). It just doesn’t happen…

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It isn’t the BEING rich that parents teach them as being successful, it’s the quality of traits and mind that MAKE you rich. It’s about training the mind…

Donald Trump has never drank in his life, he does not smoke, and he’s a notorious light sleeper and hard worker.

He held 13 rallies in the week leading up to the election - after surviving the deadlier variant of COVID. Sometimes he’d host one rally and then decide to spontaneously do another, sometimes going as late as 11pm.

When he took over the White House, he stayed up late, usually 11pm, and was up by 4 or 5. The White House staff had never seen an administration like it, they actually had to change their schedules all around and adjust to how many hours Trump worked.

He understands people, gets people, and can talk to others on their level, without sounding condescending. He is also a great negotiator and can close almost any deal (read: every country or leader, as president).

These are some of the qualities and traits that make good CEO’s, good CEO’s. Most people do not get to the top of major corporations without discipline and talent (in various ways). It just doesn’t happen…
And such amazing president got kicked out of the White House after just 4 years.

Wonder where he spends his amazing senior citizen energy with. Rallying all day all night? I dunno how he understand people when he got rich by essentially inheriting a huge sum of cash, and we all know how rich people is detached from reality, most of the time.

You probably have witch hunt babbling in your head right now and I am confident who you are going to vote in 2024. But that doesn‘t matter. Is Donald Trump successful? Yes and no. Being a billionaire, he can be considered successful at expanding the wealth, however shady method he is using. Being a Father? That’s more complicated, though my hunch tells me he’s not super great at handling his kids. Being a president? I genuinely don’t know how many good things he’s done during his four years. Reverting strict climate laws just to get fossil fuel companies in full swing again, because they are Trump’s biggest sponsor? Inciting China (which arguably is not entirely a wrong move) and EU (like what?) to trigger those US allies, pushing them to have Plan B should US president become temperamental for no apparent reason, or more likely, reason they refuse to disclose?

The world has changed quite a lot more than people anticipated since he got president Of US. And in terms of disrupting status quo, he’s got a massive thumbs up from me. But that’s about it.

Oh umm, this is not a political forum. Keep that in mind. Feel free to move/delete posts if necessary.

1@@@

macrumors regular
May 1, 2022

Not one of those wonderful attributes is worth anything, anything at all, if you're also a huge piece of sh*t like tr*mp is.

CabanossiHead

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2022
I am baffled how so many americans dont recognize fascists when they open their mouth.

You are heralding a man that made jokes about disabled people, talked about raping women, loves a good white supremacist, Made jokes and fun about VETERANS while he lied to get out of the draft and then tried to incite a revolution and murder of other politicians while stealing secret government documents.

People defend that as something amazing like in a cult. Its scary because I have learned about such behaviour in schools and what can become of it. And maybe thats the point...our schools dont teach a pledge to a flag but actual critical thinking.

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
Its scary because I have learned about such behaviour in schools and what can become of it.
You're not familiar with the term "NA education"... it's when people can't find another continent on a map. ;)
It should be called "US education" though, excluding other countries like Canada for example.

But hey, at the same time we have elite universities like MIT, Harvard, Stanford and a few other, so people must be smart. But they're filled with foreign students who worked very hard to get there, the rest is based on funding/business.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
The irony in your post is thick. 😆

Oh well… this forum was interesting while it lasted. Now that final boss orange man has revealed himself, it’ll only be a matter of time before it’s game over.

🔥
🗑️

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The irony in your post is thick. 😆

Oh well… this forum was interesting while it lasted. Now that final boss orange man has revealed himself, it’ll only be a matter of time before it’s game over.

🔥
🗑️
From the ashes WE SHALL REBORN!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JM

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
Huawei tried that and it didn't work out as they planed. Microsoft tired that and it didn't work. To build a phone, you need strong hardware, a ecosystem backed by the biggest players, and app support. Don't forget you also need to boast strong security and actually have it (and not just talk about it with no actions). Lastly, you need legacy support for "older accounts" so that people can bring their "baggage" when they switch over.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Don’t be hopeful.

That platform is over. It has always been toxic and impossible to moderate. It cannot be fixed by someone who plays mind games with people. It cannot be fixed with “a new phone”.

It’s finished. The best thing is for Twitter to become a platform ONLY for crypto scams and the far right. Then they can eat each other. Everyone else should leave and laugh from the outside.
This is well said. It's worth remembering part of the reason twitter was heavily moderated was due to external influences. I'm sure Apple and Google are eyeing the situation closely.

haplain

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Many have tried but even fewer have succeeded. Could make sense given Tesla, seemingly, refuses to put CarPlay in their vehicles.

Alchymister

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2021
and what so super extra hot on this info???
"tesla phone"? 🤣 never heard dummiest thing..
anywa, if it would be same crap as tesla car good luck..

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
I have a hard time believing anyone would leave the familiarity and app ecosystem of an iPhone or an Android device simply to have access to a native Twitter app… when you can just go through Safari/Chrome, and even make an icon on the springboard to access it directly.

Delusion, convince yourself.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Hi, I'm autistic. Autism is not an excuse for relentlessly, knowingly being a dick.
Hi, I'm autistic. Autism is not an excuse for relentlessly, knowingly being a dick.

That isn’t what he’s being - that’s what he’s being interpreted as, because others do not understand the way he delivers his thoughts. He’s blunt and unusual to the norm, that is something that has always upset society (see: Trump), but because his brain processes info in the way that it does, Elon relays it the way that he does. Simply and truthfully. And society does not like that, all throughout history that has held true.

Reactions: JM

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
That isn’t what he’s being - that’s what he’s being interpreted as, because others do not understand the way he delivers his thoughts. He’s blunt and unusual to the norm, that is something that has always upset society (see: Trump), but because his brain processes info in the way that it does, Elon relays it the way that he does. Simply and truthfully. And society does not like that, all throughout history that has held true.
This reads very much like “he delivers his thoughts in a dickly manner, but because that’s how he thinks, and people just aren’t used to that, it’s fine”. It’s not like you can process information in a certain way and then adjust your delivery to be acceptable by the rest of the world.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
There's a difference between an explanation and an excuse. Given that I am autistic, I do not need to have it explained to me.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
This reads very much like “he delivers his thoughts in a dickly manner, but because that’s how he thinks, and people just aren’t used to that, it’s fine”. It’s not like you can process information in a certain way and then adjust your delivery to be acceptable by the rest of the world.
Nailed it. That doesn't mean we get it right 100% of the time, but it's possible to be autistic (especially high-functioning) while also thinking before you act and having a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.