Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
For every person that said he was a bully, there's another person that says different.

You can find articles like this all over the internet from all different perspectives. So... to answer you question it's not fact. It's a recount of something that happened from "someone who was in the room" with their perspective. I'm sure there was another "person in the room" who saw things very differently... that's what happens when people get fried. However, you're free to choose which side of the fence you fall on as far as what YOU believe. I had the pleasure of actually meeting the man, so I have my own opinions... which I also wouldn't consider facts.

Fair enough we can have different opinions.
I wish I had been lucky enough to meet SJ. That would have been quite an honor!

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Sad to see this place turn into clickbait, troll posts....

BTW if Tesla builds a phone with no data collection sharing of data, then they are out of the game. Data is king for these devices.
Hmm, I can see reason, why he took over twitter and start to build his own phone.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Did you work alongside Jobs? Do you have first hand knowledge or are you judging the man based on second or third hand accounts? Not having known him personally, I can only go by how he presented himself publicly. There is a gulf between the two in that regard.
Well who is going to present themselves publically as a douche?

Hec, I can't say but have read years ago before Apple was a big thing or was just gaining big with the iPhone.......not sure when but it was years ago,...... that he wasn't the nicest guy.

Elon isn't going to have a phone out of mid air anytime soon and doubt the die hard Apple peeps will just throw them away for a Tesla phone.
Hec I won't do it neither til I see results. I didn't buy an Android phone right away til the Samsung Galaxy 1's ,( in my case the Vibrant,) came out.
But i wont doubt him. If I was going to get solar on my house I'd go with Tesla over the fly by night companies.

Last edited:

IllinoisCorn

Suspended
Jan 15, 2021
yeah but he berated employees yelled at them and ended their careers. He would demand people work for weeks on end and belittle and fire them if the balked at it. Some of the same things people are roasting Musk for Jobs did. But people celebrated those actions.

Then to be honest here twitter was over staffed and very unproductive and is now running at a higher capacity with less people.
Stop making sense!!

Reactions: jamezr and JM

egodspeed

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2012
I'd buy it. I buy everything else Elon makes. I can care less about his political view because I'm not buying that.

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Well then going by what you wrote there are no facts….only opinions…..at least as far as we humans can interpret:)
Gravity on earth dragging everything down to the surface is a fact. Sun being the Center of our solar system is a fact. Water able to penetrate anything given enough time is a fact. Elon Musk is the worst man in the world is hardly a consensus, not a fact.

Sami13496

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2022
it’s not just a phone he needs to launch. It would be relatively easy to man of his status to launch yet another Android device. But if the idea is to ditch both ecosystems he would have to develop new operating system and new ecosystem. Good luck with that 😄 Apple and even Android operating systems are result of years of developing and refining. If Elon would release an OS I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be from usability and user ecperience stand point.

Reactions: enterthemerdaverse

enterthemerdaverse

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2022
Warsaw
You mean the Autopilot that exists in every Tesla sold today? Or the rapidly-advancing Full Self-Driving beta? Both things exist today.

Both of those are not road worthy and unsafe. Most cities in the world aren’t like those American cities that have 30 mile straight roads and no visible pedestrians. FSD will never be a thing in any car brand in cities like Paris, Hanoi or Mumbai that grew organically over 100s of years and are very densely populated with a lot of footfall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.