Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
We had another option already. Microsoft with the Windows Phone. However, you need major support from an app and game standpoint to compete and guess what… it didn’t go well. I will believe it when I see it.

Reactions: DarkSam and JM

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2022
All Elmo's bluster reminds me of the actual funeral that Microsoft held at its Redmond campus for the iPhone, complete with hearse, pallbearers, and everything. --Seriously, seeing this now, it reeeeeeally hasn't aged well, considering the ginormous layoffs (incl. ~$8bil loss) that followed in only a few short years.

Now, it will be amazing, just like the Facebook Phone, the Amazon "Fire" Phone, Windows Phone, Symbian, etc.
We can all see the MR headline showing "Tesla phone discontinued after only x-many days" only to quickly find a liquidation sale on eBay <6mo to a year after it launched for "regular price $1499, now <$99". 🤣

Last edited:

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I used to like Elon, but now I can’t really say that. I just don’t understand why people think he’s some savior who can and will do absolutely everything to “save the world”

Especially among more conservative circles, I’ve noticed people view him as a Godsend, as they did Trump, and as they are now doing to Kanye and his “presidential endeavor” lol

I guess it’s all apart of the “cult” mentality — not in a bad way — and he’s their leader. Apple has it (I admit, I’m fully in it!), Trump, Elon, etc
Fauci, Newsom, Biden (maybe), Ron Paul, Desantis, A-O Cortez, Adam Schiff, Michael Avenatti/Stormy Daniels…

Everyone has a god to worship.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I’d like to remind you that “documented” history is written by the prevailing party. Or do you simply believe everything you hear?
no...but when you have multiple people saying the same thing collaborated by the people in the room...it tends be believable.
I think SJ was a genius...he had vision and was a great leader in his own right. Some of his methods were questionable IMHO.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Sad to see this place turn into clickbait, troll posts....

BTW if Tesla builds a phone with no data collection sharing of data, then they are out of the game. Data is king for these devices.
Since when is true real life occurrences “trolling”?

It is a documented Twitter exchange that actually happened.

If Tesla made a non-data collecting phone, this would compete with Apple’s major selling point: privacy

• Haha
Reactions: KeithBN and jamezr

Cole82

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2022
no...but when you have multiple people saying the same thing collaborated by the people in the room...it tends be believable.
I think SJ was a genius...he had vision and was a great leader in his own right. Some of his methods were questionable IMHO.
Multiple people say the holocaust didn't happen and that 9/11 was a hoax. You can't believe everything someone says, even if they were in the room. I think my ex boss is a horrible person, I've got many examples of the horrible things he did and ex coworkers who would back it up with the same opinion. But, there are others that work for him that love him and say wonderful things about him. Taking peoples opinions as fact is a dangerous game. I'm sure even you yourself have a boss in your past that you strongly dislike where others seem to praise. That's just the way it goes.

Reactions: Shirasaki

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Multiple people say the holocaust didn't happen and that 9/11 was a hoax. You can't believe everything someone says, even if they were in the room. I think my ex boss is a horrible person, I've got many examples of the horrible things he did and ex coworkers who would back it up with the same opinion. But, there are others that work for him that love him and say wonderful things about him. Taking peoples opinions as fact is a dangerous game. I'm sure even you yourself have a boss in your past that you strongly dislike where others seem to praise. That's just the way it goes.
So when it is reported he yelled at people and belittled them fired them which basically ended their careers....then that is collaborated word for word...by actual people in the room....that is factual....not opinion

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Watch some of the phones catch fire like some of his cars did
Or better yet, $500 firework that will explode into million pieces any time without User interaction. Let’s see how glorious that would look. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JM

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
So when it is reported he yelled at people and belittled them fired them which basically ended their careers....then that is collaborated word for word...by actual people in the room....that is factual....not opinion
That’s still an opinion, at best you can call it consensus. Facts exist outside of human interpretation and understanding. It just exist.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89

Cole82

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2022
For every person that said he was a bully, there's another person that says different.

You can find articles like this all over the internet from all different perspectives. So... to answer you question it's not fact. It's a recount of something that happened from "someone who was in the room" with their perspective. I'm sure there was another "person in the room" who saw things very differently... that's what happens when people get fried. However, you're free to choose which side of the fence you fall on as far as what YOU believe. I had the pleasure of actually meeting the man, so I have my own opinions... which I also wouldn't consider facts.

hansmoleman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Or better yet, $500 firework that will explode into million pieces any time without User interaction. Let’s see how glorious that would look. ;)

Oh. you've seen a Note 7.

This Teslaphone thing isn't happening. It doesn't make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: JM

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
That’s still an opinion, at best you can call it consensus. Facts exist outside of human interpretation and understanding. It just exist.

Well then going by what you wrote there are no facts….only opinions…..at least as far as we humans can interpret:)

Reactions: AlexMac89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.