Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
[doublepost=1515059291][/doublepost]
You're referring to the YouTube vid I mentioned? Sure, it's a prior version, but the photos of the X version in this thread hint at similar wear I think?
Probably, but the darkening will look better on a dark red than a bright red

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
This thread has convinced me that I need to get a leather case... just when I thought I was done accessorizing my new iPhone X :p

I'd probably go with the saddle brown as well, because it looks so great as it darkens over time. I have saddle brown Brooks leather saddles on three different bicycles (my oldest saddle is about 12 years old) and they just keep getting more comfortable and more beautiful as they age. I'm sure the feel is much nicer to hold that my plasticky Speck case.

I actually wish they offered this case in the same dark green that Brooks offers. Some of the most beautiful Brooks I've seen, besides the saddle brown, are the dark green ones once they wear in. I suppose any of the dark color options will wear with a similar effect. Can't go wrong with saddle brown, but I'm also wondering about the blues.

iOS Brooks

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2016
Dallas, Texas
This thread has convinced me that I need to get a leather case... just when I thought I was done accessorizing my new iPhone X :p

I'd probably go with the saddle brown as well, because it looks so great as it darkens over time. I have saddle brown Brooks leather saddles on three different bicycles (my oldest saddle is about 12 years old) and they just keep getting more comfortable and more beautiful as they age. I'm sure the feel is much nicer to hold that my plasticky Speck case.

I actually wish they offered this case in the same dark green that Brooks offers. Some of the most beautiful Brooks I've seen, besides the saddle brown, are the dark green ones once they wear in. I suppose any of the dark color options will wear with a similar effect. Can't go wrong with saddle brown, but I'm also wondering about the blues.

I agree! I really wish they would make a Dark Green Leather Case!

Reactions: JamiLynee

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Blue after 52 days.

IMG_0011.JPG

Javicg

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2017
I can see a leather case in a 7 plus , i have a apple silicon black case and it feels very sturdy and tight in the edges.

I purchased a original black a apple leather iphone 7 plus /8 plus case and it feels filmsly on the edges , specialy in the down corners ... and dont feels a sturdy and tight case as a silicone case .... is defective? How it your feels ? Thanks

Ian.C

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Lancashire, UK
Just a quick question out of interest. I have always liked these cases but tend to stay away from them due to the opening at the bottom.

So how are the bottom of your phones for scratches etc due to the cases being open?

Thanks in advance

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Just a quick question out of interest. I have always liked these cases but tend to stay away from them due to the opening at the bottom.

So how are the bottom of your phones for scratches etc due to the cases being open?

Thanks in advance

I'd be curious to know as well. On the plus side, there is nothing to get in the way of swiping up on the Home Bar. My Speck Presidio case has a raised lip all the way around, so my finger always hits it when I swipe up. It's not something I would describe as a problem. It's not even annoying to me, but it's one of those things you don't realize is a design flaw until you remove the case and swipe up without it.

Even most full cases have enough openings for the lightning port and speakers that you end up with dust and lint, but the full cases do certainly offer some scratch protection. I suppose they also offer some impact protection for the bottom of the display. That said the leather case certainly seems to offer solid protection and many of the owners posting pics here have used it on previous iPhones as well.

Reactions: Ian.C

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
I have a space gray, and an apple leather case, on top of that I have a charger stand on my nightstand, and every night I rest it on there, and move it around until I find the lightning port and then I push it down to start charging.

I have no scratches at all on the bottom, obviously I don't push super hard, but I do push trying to find the plug.

*hope it makes sense.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010

Thanks in advance

Bottom of mine has a few micro scratches but I’m not bothered about it.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I have a space gray, and an apple leather case, on top of that I have a charger stand on my nightstand, and every night I rest it on there, and move it around until I find the lightning port and then I push it down to start charging.

I have no scratches at all on the bottom, obviously I don't push super hard, but I do push trying to find the plug.

*hope it makes sense.
2 words
wireless charger

Reactions: jtinch and sean000

JokerABC

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks in advance

Bottom of mine had micro scratches even with a clear case that had the bottom protected. Now using the midnight blue Apple leather case and love the feel of it.

The micro scratches don’t bother me and are not noticeable - it’s a phone, not a showpiece - it will get wear.

My midnight blue color is debatable -it looked good when new but after 2 months it is darkening a lot. I may try the classic Saddle Brown after a few more months.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I thought the same thing. I got one of these for my iPhone X and it's so nice. So easy. No it isn't a fast charger, it's on my nightstand so that's okay. It was only $20.

View attachment 745941
Nice.

The next stage is to combine that with this (of which I just bought 2 of)...having an adjustable, wireless charger stand is ideal, especially on a bedside table (& also kitchen bench-top, where my other is).

Hopefully, by the time I have a wireless charging-capable phone, there will be a few to choose from.

Reactions: sean000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.