Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
I don’t much care about bluetooth speakers. I think my two old Apple speakers, paired in Stereo, are quite good at Spatial Audio too. They work on Wi-Fi. And as for small ear buds, I simply cannot use the apple one. Apparently my ear holes aren’t the same, and I cannot use Apple’s brand, because they fall out when I move in the slightest. But Beats Fits 2 has an ingenious way of putting littile hooks that work perfectly. Comfortable, and they very rarely fall out. I’ve watched whole late night movies with them on.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Uh... well... I kind of had to do a double-take there, because lets just say that is a very unfortunate design

Reactions: Chuckeee

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
I miss the one time a celebrity was spotted with an unreleased iPhone
This isn't the first time the star has been seen using leaked iPhones, as Lin was seen using the iPhone 5 in 2012, and the iPhone 6 and 6 plus in 2014, informs Hardwarezone.
-From the article
Based on his previous history id be willing to bet it wasn't a accident on his part or Apple's. IMO the best 'leak' will forever be the bar found iPhone 4.

• Love
Reactions: Jovijoker

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
Done well how?

Big bucks paid but how many actually noticed? Perhaps news only after tech sites point it out.

IMHO money wasted.
Bug fixes mebbe?
$2999 VP mebbe?
"Big bucks paid?" They just shipped a celebrity a early product. Basically cost nothing. Maybe $50 and look its actually attracting attention from websites who follow Apple! So literally thousands have now noticed. Not sure it was "done well" but your response is equally ridiculous.

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I miss when an employee left an unreleased iPhone in a bar and we all assumed it was an unfinished prototype. Then it came out and looked basically the same, and we LOVED IT
I think the design was still polarizing at the time. But people really started to love it when Tim took over and people started comparing iPhones to Steve Jobs era design.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Beats' products remind me of the low quality (in terms of sound) products made by Bose.
Maybe you are thinking of the old style Beats that standard very very bass-y. Well, news for you. They have changed.

My Powerbeats Pro are far better than many earbuds out there and the only ones that fit in my goopy ears. Beats Studio Pro are getting rave reviews esp with True Lossless Audio. I'm not aware of any Bose Headphones that have Lossless Audio.

Reactions: ToyoCorollaGR

leemkule

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
'Spotted' don't you mean paid to intentionally 'casually walk about' with something he's undoubtedly not using?

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Why is Apple still making beats products? Why not just expand the AirPods line? Seems incredibly redundant. I want some black colour options

johnnytravels

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2019
I just want new Solo headphones with usb c to release and then get heavily discounted on Amazon so I can pick up a pair…

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
Done well how?

Big bucks paid but how many actually noticed? Perhaps news only after tech sites point it out.

IMHO money wasted.
Bug fixes mebbe?
$2999 VP mebbe?
I mean... it's product placement, right? It's a proven marketing technique that's as old as the hills, and which Apple have used effectively for many years. If it didn't work for them, they wouldn't keep doing the same thing with their products.

Reactions: amartinez1660

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Bose Soundlink mini. The one and only in their class. Rest ist boiled down to mono speakers rubbish.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Why is Apple still making beats products? Why not just expand the AirPods line? Seems incredibly redundant. I want some black colour options
Half of the people here like Apple. The other half enjoy hating Apple. Beats apply to those people because gives them the ability to have something Apple without having to admit it.

Beats, overhyped overpriced bass-y music. Low quality junk sold for mid-range prices. Honestly Apple should've retired the brand years ago.
So you’ve not used them then. Got it. How are Powerbeats Pro low quality junk? 😂

Reactions: ToyoCorollaGR

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Half of the people here like Apple. The other half enjoy hating Apple. Beats apply to those people because gives them the ability to have something Apple without having to admit it.
Umm…..this makes absolutely no sense. It literally says Apple Inc on the box. They’ve owned the company since 2014. Everyone knows they’re owned by Apple.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Guess what? The software engineering and marketing budgets are completely unrelated. They don't now, never have and never will take marketing money and say "let's use this to add to a different department's budget so they can fix some software,"
You do realize even companies can only spend their money only once. So there are meetings when (typically yearly) budgets are assigned to departments. And big shifts between these department budgets in function of the needs and challenges the company is facing, is crucial. It’s actually one of the most critical jobs of the CEO and board.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

SanderEvers

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Netherlands
So you’ve not used them then. Got it. How are Powerbeats Pro low quality junk? 😂

I have had multiple Beats headphones and even the Original Pill speaker. They all lack the quality of good speakers headphones for the same price. Or even for half the price.

They may have gotten better, but I am just beyond caring.

I still own the Mickey Mouse Beats Solo3 headphones, but I don't use them. For the price (300 euro) I have bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT 700 PRO X plus a USB-C to mini-XLR cable to connect to my pc and mac. And I use the other cables (3.5mm, 6.3mm) with my other devices.

Sound quality is maybe 8-10x better than the Beats. Same goes for Build quality and Comfort.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.