Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToyoCorollaGR

macrumors regular
May 21, 2023
Maybe you are thinking of the old style Beats that standard very very bass-y. Well, news for you. They have changed.

My Powerbeats Pro are far better than many earbuds out there and the only ones that fit in my goopy ears. Beats Studio Pro are getting rave reviews esp with True Lossless Audio. I'm not aware of any Bose Headphones that have Lossless Audio.
I've got the Beats Studio Buds. Love them.

Reactions: steve09090

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
Over my almost five years... had more customers than most would think asking why they retired these speakers. HomePods are great, but they aren't portable.
Filled the Apple gap fro Bose SoundLink. Have one (Bose) and that little speaker is impressive.

AgeOfSpiracles

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2020
I said "They may have gotten better", here I was talking about the PowerBeats Pro.

Which.. well.. still aren't good.
See: https://www.soundguys.com/apple-beats-powerbeats-pro-review-23562/

With their score being a 6,8/10
They currently coset € 300 on the local Apple Store.

The Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X

Their rating https://www.soundguys.com/beyerdynamic-dt-700-pro-x-review-60868/ gave it a 7.2.
Price currently at a local pro music store: €239

So I'd say the price con should be just on the PowerBeats.
The DT700 ProX is indeed a bit on the heavier side (lighter than the AirPods Max still, though) and the "could be a little bit tougher" is more because they really aren't meant for outside use. (which is fine)

So yeah, overpriced is still applicable to Beats. The quality might have gotten better though. But "Under-emphasized mids" is enough to place question marks there as well.

This must be satire. You're seriously comparing these two products with a straight face?

generationrex

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points, it runs through areas of the rainforest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have rarely ever been seen by a human.

These fish care more about what Lebron does than I do.
Unless those fish are taking time out of their day to write wordy posts to tell a bunch of people (or fish, I suppose) how little they care about LeBron, that last sentence is incorrect.

brunerd

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
Chicago
You can tell this is a tech site when the photo crops out the human subject and focuses only on the gear! 🤖😆

• Haha
Reactions: mk313
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.