Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I just don't see an Mac Mini update soon, maybe on back to school or something like that

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
belltree;

Are you genuinely getting your insights from a Magic 8-ball...?!

... or maybe someone you know in the Apple corporation? If it's the latter, please do me a favour and stop pissing me about! ;)

I am this close to buying a Mini. If I should wait, please tell me.

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
belltree;

Are you genuinely getting your insights from a Magic 8-ball...?!

... or maybe someone you know in the Apple corporation? If it's the latter, please do me a favour and stop pissing me about! ;)

I am this close to buying a Mini. If I should wait, please tell me.

The new logo was still on the mac mini in the apple store until today. There is little to no chance of any updates any time soon.

No one other that a few people at apple have any real idea on a release date so I wouldn't expect anyone on here to be able to help you too much. :)

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I'd take a size increase too, to get more speed and keep it silent.

I have a 2008 mini with an iomega minimax sitting under it. A mini thats the size of the whole package (like a little cube) would be fine with me.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Imho, you're not going to see a mini with a processor that apple can't cram in the 21.5" iMac.

There's even less ventilation and airflow inside the mini. iMacs use mobile cpus and gpus too.. and they're not offering an i5 iMac that isn't the 27" model.

ZdenoChara

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
Man it's not a low end price. For the 799 that the 2.53 costs, you could build a PC machine that rivals the iMac/Mac Pro's. It's a REALLY terrible value. Very embarrassing IMO.

You could easily build a P55 i5/i7 for around that price.

What about the people who already have a decent PC? All Macs are expensive anyways, everybody knows that.

In my case, I already have a pretty decent PC, and have always wanted a Mac. So, I just went ahead and bought a mini the other day (late 2009 model), just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

So, yes you can buy a better PC for the same price, but a lot of people already have a good PC, and the Minis are the cheapest Macs you can buy.

mgeran

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
what can i do ?

Hello guys

greetings from greece
i see you know too much about this puppy(macmini)
i m thinking to byu one but first i would like to know some things.
Can i work after effect and photoshop on mac mini ?
i will have a problem with windows 7 installation on boot camp or parallel desktop?

i heard rummors about new mac mini 2010.
should i wait or byu one right know ?

thank

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Hello guys

greetings from greece
i will have a problem with windows 7 installation on boot camp or parallel desktop?

thank

I am a happy owner of a mini '09 and run Photoshop without problem (I don't know about After Effect). I saved money my buying RAM and a larger HDD from NewEgg rather than Apple, and it is rather easy to install both of these items on your own (and I would NOT consider myself a DIY-type person). I have also installed Boot Camp 3.1 and Windows 7 and it works very well on my mini.

The period of time between mini updates varies widely. If, however, Apple is truly embracing the mini rather than getting ready to EOL it, we could see an update as early as next month (although it wouldn't surprise me if we had to wait until October). Good luck, and I hope this information helps you to make your decision. Opa!

mgeran

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
mac mini

thank you very much Kashchei

i think i ll wait until june, then i ll byu a 2,66 mac mini .
yeahhhh no more huge desktop in my office

thanx again . :)

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
Hello guys

greetings from greece

thank

The only rumor about the Mac Mini was that it could possibly get the HDMI port and maybe Intel Core ix. So if you really absolutely need HDMI and Intel Core ix, I say buy now.

mgeran

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
memory????

what about memory i ve heard 4gb ram (8gb max)

if every rumor is true then we talk about a completely different mac mini

dont forget macbook pro 13,3.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Mini has had the same look for a long time and really needs to have a black case to go with todays TVs. A faster cpu and latest replacement for the 9400m along with a hdmi port would make for a very attractive purchase in my book, give it 4 gb of ram and i in. Add a 32" hdtv and you got one great office or man cave set up.:apple:

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
No way, black plastic insert instead of white? $0.0, faster cpu vs the 2.26? a few bucks in the quantity Apple buys them for, a 2.6 or faster $5.00, new 9400M replacement? ill be generous $5.00, Hdmi connector? $10.00 lets see thats $20.00 more:confused:
For $25 Apple can make mini a lot more attractive.

mgeran

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
memory upgrade(max 8gb) hdmi connector ,requires better motherboard .
i ve never seen the mac mini insight(i m checking right now on youtube ) .
i believe $100 more than 2,66 mac mini
i ll wait until june and then i ll byu the 2,66 macmini.
i have macbook pro 13,3 2,56 and i ve never regret to spend sooo much money for laptop , I KNOW that mac mini will be great for my needs because apple never dissapoint me . the only problem in my country is the service . We have only apple resellers and they cover the servise which is sooooooo disapointing. i have personal expirience with my mighty mouse . 6 months for replacement and still waitting .

really sorry for my bad english .

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
No way, black plastic insert instead of white? $0.0, faster cpu vs the 2.26? a few bucks in the quantity Apple buys them for, a 2.6 or faster $5.00, new 9400M replacement? ill be generous $5.00, Hdmi connector? $10.00 lets see thats $20.00 more:confused:
For $25 Apple can make mini a lot more attractive.

Yeah, I mostly agree with that.

But, then, given that it's the budget Mac system, anything that increases the cost won't be too popular with Steve.

I bought my Mini a month ago, and I like it. When I bought it, I had it in mind to buy an iMac27 in around six months, provided I got on well with the Mini... but, frankly, the Mini does almost everthing I need anyway, so I don't see myself bothering with the iMac now.

More precisely, it does everything I need, but I'd like it if it had a little more grunt... but I'm being spoilt, now. It's fine.

For me, if a new one were to come out in early 2011 as my current Mini approached its first birthday, I'd consider replacing it.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Mac Mini's probably wont be updated with the Macbook Pros, I don't think it has ever happened. Besides, Apple will just end up putting higher clocked Intel Core 2 Duos.
Core i3 (Core i5 as high-end) and GMA HD is what I'm thinking. If they don't stay Core 2 Duo.

Maybe they're waiting for the Arrandale-based 1.87 GHz Celeron P4500 that's coming in Q2 2010. :p (kidding)

While I won't say I'm "anxiously" awaiting for a new Mini, I will agree with you on this matter. Apple needs to stop treating the mini like it's not worth their time. Since it's the only affordable headless machine it could be a lot better. I wouldn't mind if it was a little bigger to accommodate an Quad Core desktop i5 with a dedicated 512MB GPU and 1TB 7200 HDD with SSD option and up to at least 8GB ram.
What if they offered a faster CPU and a discrete GPU in the same enclosure without the optical drive (like the Mac mini Server but better components instead of a second HDD)?

norbiu

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
Can't wait for the next Mini to launch. I'm still using an early 2006 13" MacBook with an external monitor, so you can imagine my excitement! :D

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Ah, sadly it appears my magic 8-ball is way off :eek:.

I once broke open one of them 8 Balls, inside is a white octogon with Yes, No, Not Sure, Try again etc written on different sides, floating in a blue fluid, with the plastic black shell around it. I think the magic is in the fluid personally.:D

Lol Jokes. The Mini might come out at the same time as the new MacBook Pro, and the new Mac Pro:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.