Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belltree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
If a mini update adds the nvidia 320m, would the mini come feasible for low level gaming? As in source engine games and other FPS with eye candy turned down?

Definitely. The current Mini can play Source engine games without any real issues with moderate settings.

btw, watch the Apple store this Tuesday ;)

supermum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Definitely. The current Mini can play Source engine games without any real issues with moderate settings.

btw, watch the Apple store this Tuesday ;)

Weren't you the guy who was swearing up and down that the Mac Mini was going to be released on June 8th? You broke my heart once buddy... :rolleyes:

Yeah... yeah... I know. Don't believe everything you read... especially online. I just want one so bad (and know if I buy it now it will be bumped a few days following 'cuz I have that kind of luck).

belltree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Weren't you the guy who was swearing up and down that the Mac Mini was going to be released on June 8th? You broke my heart once buddy... :rolleyes:

Yeah... yeah... I know. Don't believe everything you read... especially online. I just want one so bad (and know if I buy it now it will be bumped a few days following 'cuz I have that kind of luck).

Yeah, it would appear my calendar was off by a week. This coming week it will be out, you'll see :p

qwerty808

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, it would appear my calendar was off by a week. This coming week it will be out, you'll see :p

i see you're in japan. i was going to buy one there but they didn't come with a 110-240v power adapter there (only 110v), so no dice.

belltree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
i see you're in japan. i was going to buy one there but they didn't come with a 110-240v power adapter there (only 110v), so no dice.

I didn't realize that but I just checked my wife's 2009 Mini and low and behold it is only rated for 100~120V. Did you live in Japan before?

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Apple Store is now offline! It's a very good sign...

title_backsoon1.gif

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
calm down,guys, there wont be i5 in the coming mini,
maybe you guys will see 2.53 and 2.66 C2D in it.
also good for the price though,especially comparing with the just updated stupid 13"macbook pro.

supermum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010

Alright... a few more hours until Tuesday. No more rumors (other than yours). I will be bounding out of bed super excited tomorrow.... don't let me down. :eek:

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Again, Apple Store is down... But it's for pre-ordering iPhone 4, not anything else :D

Mr.T

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Just purchased the Mac Mini - ships in 4 days.
Cannot wait :)

Havent owned a mac product since my PowerBook 520c running OS 7.5
540c_open.jpg

This will be interesting!

qwerty808

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
I didn't realize that but I just checked my wife's 2009 Mini and low and behold it is only rated for 100~120V. Did you live in Japan before?

yep... akihabara specifically. :p

new mini looks good. internal power. wonder if that will change power requirements?

edit: i mean, now that power is internal, would you expect 110-240v for minis globally?

would they make specific models for different international markets? with an external supply it's easy enough, but as part of the machine itself would they do that?

supermum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
istockphoto_4590027-small-santa-claus-with-an-apple.jpg

I think you will be happy.

I have been meaning to come back and give you props.... THANKS for keeping the hope alive for another week. I would have been mad if I bought the last version and then was unable to make an informed decision on which version I wanted.

In the end I bought the new Mini on Amazon for $669 (they still have the "old" version as well). Was going back and forth for a day trying to figure out if I wanted to build one from Apple.com and spend a bunch more with tax and pay the actual MSRP. I finally figured that even with the BTO option it still wasn't very future proof and I've resigned myself to the fact that I will likely get another Mac Mini in a year or two.

hitteam

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Thousand Oaks, California
I have been meaning to come back and give you props.... THANKS for keeping the hope alive for another week. I would have been mad if I bought the last version and then was unable to make an informed decision on which version I wanted.

In the end I bought the new Mini on Amazon for $669 (they still have the "old" version as well). Was going back and forth for a day trying to figure out if I wanted to build one from Apple.com and spend a bunch more with tax and pay the actual MSRP. I finally figured that even with the BTO option it still wasn't very future proof and I've resigned myself to the fact that I will likely get another Mac Mini in a year or two.

where did u find the new mac mini on Amazon? I searched over the amazon and didnt see any new mac mini for $669 at all. Can you post the link for me please? thank you.

belltree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan

Congrats! Happy to hear you held out...I didn't want to be the only one ;).
I'm sure you will make great use of it and enjoy it thoroughly. When the time comes for an upgrade you can just slide this one under your TV.

JJC80

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2004
California
Congrats! Happy to hear you held out...I didn't want to be the only one ;).
I'm sure you will make great use of it and enjoy it thoroughly. When the time comes for an upgrade you can just slide this one under your TV.

+1 for belltree, he has been championing a coming update for the mini since late January I think, I almost bought the old mini but with encouragement from a few posters on here I held out. The new mini form factor is awesome looking, I suspected it would get a new design as the old one was 5 years old.

Anyhow +1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.