Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
fisious said:
Popuptraffic.com's response: "How dare you? Let me teach you a little something that you obviously never were able to grasp. If you go to a website and in exchange for taking what that website is providing, you are shown a popup ad, you allow the owner of the site the to recoup some of the very real costs involved with keeping a site online. By using a popup blocker, you are essentially stealing their work. You're nothing more than a common thief. Sincerely, Ron Holiday."

What kind of logic is that? Am I stealing TV shows when I get up and leave the room when an advert comes on? :rolleyes:

whenpaulsparks

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
as soon as 10.3.0 came out they were working on 10.3.1. as soon as 10.3.1 came out they were working on 10.3.2. this isn't real news until solid information comes out about it and what it fixes. apple would be not doing their job if they weren't working on 10.3.9 already.

nothing to see here, move along.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
whenpaulsparks said:
as soon as 10.3.0 came out they were working on 10.3.1. as soon as 10.3.1 came out they were working on 10.3.2. this isn't real news until solid information comes out about it and what it fixes. apple would be not doing their job if they weren't working on 10.3.9 already.

nothing to see here, move along.

Also as soon as Tiger comes out, like you said they will be working on 10.4.1. More importantly that the Panther team will start work on 10.5.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
wdlove said:
Also as soon as Tiger comes out, like you said they will be working on 10.4.1. More importantly that the Panther team will start work on 10.5.

Never thought of that. In less than 3 months there will be all kinds of Threads on 10.5, running out of cats? (Saber Tooth, maybe like Ice Age) Gee, then we can talk about the 150 new additions to 10.5....

Brian

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
wdlove said:

Actually, in all likelihood, as soon as the final code is frozen internally and sent off for duplication, etc...which gives them another couple of weeks or so on you, right? ;)

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
First external build (7W72) seeded

According to AI, Apple has seeded a new build of 10.3.9. Developers are reportedly asked to asses overall system usability and stability. Not surprisingly, Apple seems to wrap up development of Panther. It definitely looks like 10.3.9 will conclude the update process for Panther (except for security updates, I guess).

Link: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=916

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Zaty said:
According to AI, Apple has seeded a new build of 10.3.9. Developers are reportedly asked to asses overall system usability and stability. Not surprisingly, Apple seems to wrap up development of Panther. It definitely looks like 10.3.9 will conclude the update process for Panther (except for security updates, I guess).

Link: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=916
Yes, 7W72 was in my ADC download area this morning. The seed notes actually listed quite a few detailed bugs that this release is supposed to fix.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
daveL said:
Yes, 7W72 was in my ADC download area this morning. The seed notes actually listed quite a few detailed bugs that this release is supposed to fix.

Here's to a successful review. Now to see if this is the final update.

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
Phat_Pat said:
Hopefully this update will fix the fan problem that is haunting the apple disscussions and the owner of every G5. (I don't mean "everyone") :rolleyes:
Agreed. 10.3.8 has been a pain in the butt. It's also caused spontaneous sleeping of some PBs which is not fun. I'm very tempted to go back to 10.3.7.

minimax

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
Does anybody know whether current macs ship with 3.8?
It doesn't say on the apple site. I'm hearing a lot of bad stories about the last update so I'd either buy it now if it still has 3.7 or I'll wait a bit untill they ship with 3.9.
Is there anywhere on the site where you can find that info btw?

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
minimax said:
Does anybody know whether current macs ship with 3.8?
It doesn't say on the apple site. I'm hearing a lot of bad stories about the last update so I'd either buy it now if it still has 3.7 or I'll wait a bit untill they ship with 3.9.
Is there anywhere on the site where you can find that info btw?

My Mac mini which arrived this week had 10.3.7 on it, but I have updated it through the software update and so far haven't experienced anything which I would consider out of place - although this is my first Mac so I could well be missing something!

Buy one now you won't be disappointed!

minimax

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
thanks for the info!

but...I think I'll wait just another two months to see whether there will be a few price drops in the add-ons :) I don't need it now as in asap anyway

jap4n

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2003
wellington, nz
its good to know that apple look after their software to the very end of its cycle though

i have not many probs with any 10.3.x updates. Occasionally my dual1.25 MMD dosn't wake from sleep properly. The usb and agp dont respond (mouse flashes red but nuffing happens except wurring psu fan) :\

still.. a quick reboot and fsck -f followed by a smoko brake and its up running fine again :)

... this is my first post of the year! happy new year!!!

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
It's good to hear that apple still cares a lot about 10.3... 10.3.8 was a real pain, I have been experiencing some kernel panics with my G5. However, I have not experienced that fan problem you all talk about. My fans are completely quiet, and ONLY when the data flow is extremely large will they be put to use.

Also, Apple is doing great job with ATI and nVidia drivers. Every update since 10.3.6 is faster than the previews one...

I hope the latest release will fix that kernel panic problem, and update the graphics drivers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.