Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
sacear said:
Umm, yeah. :rolleyes: :confused:
You can get the updates for free using Software Update. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Your disc probably will *not* actually have 10.4.2. That is just the latest version Apple is now marketing and licensing. :cool:

What if there are no discs with 10.4.2? What is a phone call to Apple going to do?

Don't get your hopes up kid. :rolleyes: :cool:

Thanks for the info! </sarcasm> :rolleyes:

My point is Apple was giving out false information on their website, which stated I would receive 10.4.2, and that it was already shipped. Therefore, 10.4.2 should be what I get on my dvd. If it is a mistake on their part that is fine, but I would think it would take a really strange "mistake" to type 10.4.2 instead of 10.4.0. :cool:

To me it looks like they were planning on having it ready, they updated the various pages, etc with 10.4.2 info, then problems popped up and they just did not change the information back to 10.4.0.

I do apologize for stating the information that Apple provided me regarding my purchase of Tiger. For some crazy reason I thought people might be interested, instead of condescending.

Thanks for the reply kid. Whatever :rolleyes: :cool:

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
8C33 released last night. 24 hours after 8C32.

Rumor has it there is over 100 bugs fixed and this really is a solid release.

I REALLY hope the rumors are correct. I want to love Tiger, but the bugs are just too much...

MDA

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2002
daveL said:
Ya mean like the Tiger release (and Panther) on a Friday? Software updates come out when they're ready, at least in Apple's opinion. These aren't record or movie releases.

Uhm... Friday isn't a weekend. I don't remember ever seeing an update on a Saturday or Sunday. This could simply be due to the fact that there isn't anyone there to release it on a weekend.

MDA

sacear

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Which version is on the disc?

faintember said:
Thanks for the info! </sarcasm> :rolleyes:

My point is Apple was giving out false information on their website, which stated I would receive 10.4.2, and that it was already shipped. Therefore, 10.4.2 should be what I get on my dvd. If it is a mistake on their part that is fine, but I would think it would take a really strange "mistake" to type 10.4.2 instead of 10.4.0. :cool:

To me it looks like they were planning on having it ready, they updated the various pages, etc with 10.4.2 info, then problems popped up and they just did not change the information back to 10.4.0.

I do apologize for stating the information that Apple provided me regarding my purchase of Tiger. For some crazy reason I thought people might be interested, instead of condescending.

Thanks for the reply kid. Whatever :rolleyes: :cool:
OMG, whatever! Is it really that upsetting? Is it worth causing a commotion over? If so, then make the phone call, yet I think you will be wasting your time, as well as everyone else's. I seriously doubt there are any 10.4.2 discs yet.

So have you received it? Which version is on the disc you received?

Squozen

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
- Fixed issue with Finder ACL and SMB volumes

I hope that fixes the problem I noticed this morning, when Tiger said a SMB folder had 6Gb of data in it when I knew for a fact that there was 24Gb of files there...

I've also seen the 'blank volume not mounting' problem.

greenfluke

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Alameda, Ca
I also saw CPU usage go up a lot when zooming and resizing windows with Q2DE turned on, and with a lot of windows open, things didn't seem to be much faster. The biggest improvement with Q2DE seemed to be with scrolling, it flies. What I'd really like to see Apple to, however is to get the resolution independent DPI thingie working. That would make my 12" iBook much more useful, then all i'd have to do is squint.

rinseout

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
I can't connect to Software Update this morning, so maybe today's the day... anybody else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.