Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
Is this new to iTunes? It could have been there before but I've never seen it before.

iTunes.jpeg

iTunes_2.jpeg

Reactions: boston04and07

SavageBeauty

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
I clicked a hyperlink here in MacRumors, which opened a new tab. Instead of the back button being grayed out like it usually is in new tabs, it was lit up. I clicked it, and it closed the tab and took me back to the previous MR tab I had been reading.

Oooh! Works w/ 2-finger-swipe to the right, as well. Love that.
[doublepost=1468988364][/doublepost]
Hi! Can anyone using macOS Sierra check whether there is anything in System Preferences that allow us to change the default behaviour of the green button? (i.e. choose the green button to zoom a window rather than full screen).

Thanks.

I don't believe so, but (just in case you didn't know about it), there is an option to control the behavior of double-clicking the title bar, in the “Dock” preferences pane.

EDIT: as another user posted, you can option-click the green button to toggle its function.

I have mine set to 'Zoom', so I can either zoom the window w/ a double-click, or full-screen by clicking the green button.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.13.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.13.10 PM.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Not sure if this has been mentioned already or whether it's new in Beta 3, but if you're in Safari Full Screen mode and then select to open a new window, it does so in split screen mode, rather than as a new window

stradify

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
USA
Anyone able to open System Preferences>Extensions ?
When I try to open Extensions, I get this message: "Preferences Error. There was a problem with Extensions preferences."
2011 MacBook Pro. Everything else is running fine. By the way, the poster who found "folders on top" as a new preference in Finder- Thank You!

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
When I try to open Extensions, I get this message: "Preferences Error. There was a problem with Extensions preferences."
2011 MacBook Pro. Everything else is running fine. By the way, the poster who found "folders on top" as a new preference in Finder- Thank You!

Extensions opens fine on my 2012 rMBP
extensions.jpg

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011

Working for me, too.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
One minor annoyance with the Sierra betas... I'm running DP3 on a Mac Mini on which I have also installed OS X Server... and now the App Store shows an update to OS X Server, but I get an error saying I can't update because the version of macOS is too new. So, why show me the update that I can't have?

mini.jpg

Costee

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011
Budapest
The old "press shift for slow motion" on animations appears not to work any more, at least not by default. End of an era. I remember staring at the genie animation in slo-mo for hours on Tiger.

Oh no, I would miss that feature a lot. I hope they add it back :///

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
New iMessage effects have been implemented into iMessage for macOS with the latest beta.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Oh no, I would miss that feature a lot. I hope they add it back :///

Actually I realised it's still there for minimise. Slow mo genie lives! Also works for tab opening /closing/docking/undocking. Doesn't work any more for mission control though.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

bluefirex

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
Germany
Does the iPod Classic (last model made, 2009) still work ?

That's not something determined by the OS. The OS only sets a minimum for the newest devices (so you can't sync an iPhone 6s with Snow Leopard) but backwards compatibility is determined by iTunes. Therefore your old iPod will work as long as iTunes supports it.

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Hi everyone !

I noticed in PB3 that when I click the WiFi icon in the menu bar, to see the list of networks around me, the list is not refreshing constantly anymore like in El Capitan.
I also have an iPhone, and usually, it appears in this menu to launch network tethering if needed, and now, it appears very rarely.

Have you noticed the same ?

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that Messages now has its own switch in Documents and Data, seemingly allowing a user to decide whether it stores data in the cloud. I'm curious as to whether the latest releases have changed that or whether this setting appears to be doing anything new. We never had the option of storing Messages data there before so this could represent something new.

I turned it on again and they came back after about a minute. But this looks strange now, the list was much longer before:

View attachment 635700

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.