Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

muouyiyi

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I updated from El Capitan to the first public beta and have been updating with each new PB release.

Have you experienced the keyboard backlight issue described at #623 ?
[doublepost=1470245609][/doublepost]
Yes, it's you :) Thanks.
I don't have this software so, I will live with it for now, I a found something I will update my post.

Thanks, so, I hope it will be fixed in the next release.

Not to be completely off-topic, I noticed that if you have a FileVault enabled system, and have a non encrypted TimeMachine, a notification show to tell you that your are backing up to a non encrypted TimeMachine.

This didn't happened with PB2/PB1.

hmmm, thought I found the cause, but at least we can get a clue that it might be some apps not compatible with the system and cause this odd issue. And do you have the keyboard backlight issue?

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Ok, found the Wifi problem, I use Moom, an app allowing the use of green button to maximize window.
Uninstalled it and everything is OK now, Wifi wise (refresh, iPhone tethering).

I booted in Safe mode and it worked so, It should be an app problem

As I use only automatic backlight I don't have the problem, I will check when at next reboot.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Still no support for the new iMessage. Although if a message got sent with an effect, macOS now shows that underneath the message rather than how it used to be in that you'd get an additional message saying '(Sent with balloons)'. It's odd that macOS isn't supporting the new iMessage yet. I wonder if that'll still be the case on release.

Last edited:

strelok1911

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2011
Romania
Still no support for the new iMessage. Although if a message got sent with an effect, macOS now shows that underneath the message rather than how it used to be in that you'd get an additional message saying '(Sent with bubbles)'. It's odd that macOS isn't supporting the new iMessage yet. I wonder if that'll still be the case on release.
The new iMessage effects work just fine on the latest build of Sierra.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
The new iMessage effects work just fine on the latest build of Sierra.

Erm...they really don't. Full screen and bubble effects do not show up, instead you get the text saying (Sent with gentle effect) or whatever. The message 'reactions' feature works though. Just no effects.

Last edited:

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
From the very first post. Please read again and stop polluting this thread.

NOTE: As always this is NOT a thread for bugs, questions or troubleshooting the betas. All posts must present a new feature or function, or new behaviour not mentioned in the keynote. Please screenshot where necessary. Comments on features are welcome, but stay on topic. This is also not a thread for whining about missing features, complaining, in-fighting or personal agendas. Keep this informative and to the topic at hand.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Found this while I was digging through the Recovery HD for macOS Sierra, but 'resetpassword' through the Terminal has changed its interface significantly. See photos.

RP1.jpg RP2.jpg RP3.jpg RP4.jpg

Last edited:

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I've not managed to find a way to publish images on my macbook pro retina. Its perhaps an old model (1992, see specs below). On Drakensang online I am told to hit F12, but that doesn't do it, it only changes the sound volume. None of the other one to twelve F keys do it either. I am at a loss.

I've been asked to publish an image for the magazine Suspense and Decision where I have an article due to come out. I've told the editor that I will keep trying. He suggests "You can install an extension for your web browser, one that is free, that will allow you to take screen shots." I have no idea what he means, but Will that work on my macbook? Even if I miss the deadline for an image this issue it is always useful for the future.

ButteryScrollin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2014
I've not managed to find a way to publish images on my macbook pro retina. Its perhaps an old model (1992, see specs below). On Drakensang online I am told to hit F12, but that doesn't do it, it only changes the sound volume. None of the other one to twelve F keys do it either. I am at a loss.

I've been asked to publish an image for the magazine Suspense and Decision where I have an article due to come out. I've told the editor that I will keep trying. He suggests "You can install an extension for your web browser, one that is free, that will allow you to take screen shots." I have no idea what he means, but Will that work on my macbook? Even if I miss the deadline for an image this issue it is always useful for the future.

You many want to start another thread for that, not really the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: grahamperrin

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

What do you mean "publish images"?

If you're looking to screenshot hit Command/Shift/F4 and it will allow you to select an area to screenshot.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Found this while I was digging through the Recovery HD for macOS Sierra, but 'resetpassword' through the Terminal has changed its interface significantly. See photos.

Interesting find. I wonder how you reset user file permissions and ACLs now, since that was in the same resetpassword screen before?

El Capitan and prior version here.

Attachments

• iur.png
    iur.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: Costee

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Interesting find. I wonder how you reset user file permissions and ACLs now, since that was in the same resetpassword screen before?

El Capitan and prior version here.
Not sure. When I pressed ALT/option or command, no other "hidden" options came up. The menu only had an "About Reset Password" item and the standard "Quit" item. No other option.

Maybe ACLs/permissions are now reset automatically when resetting the password?
[doublepost=1470419268][/doublepost]
The old "press shift for slow motion" on animations appears not to work any more, at least not by default. End of an era. I remember staring at the genie animation in slo-mo for hours on Tiger.
Not true. I'm on PB3 now, and when minimizing a window, the SHIFT button still made the minimizing action go slo-mo.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Not sure. When I pressed ALT/option or command, no other "hidden" options came up. The menu only had an "About Reset Password" item and the standard "Quit" item. No other option.

Maybe ACLs/permissions are now reset automatically when resetting the password?
[doublepost=1470419268][/doublepost]
Not true. I'm on PB3 now, and when minimizing a window, the SHIFT button still made the minimizing action go slo-mo.

Indeed. I either edited or added another posting noting that. Minimize/unminimize still works but Expose/Mission Control does not.

inequals

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2014
"United" Kingdom
iTunes 12.5 has regressed the Albums view - it no longer does the colourisation of the interface based on the currently selected album's artwork. A shame, I really liked it. They sure do love to tinker with iTunes' interface, don't they? Probably because they know how much it sucks under the hood but they can't do anything to that... yet

inequals

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2014
"United" Kingdom
I'm definitely sure. What's more, it has been done in typical Apple-knows-best fashion (granted they usually do): there's no option to re-enable it, either in Preferences, View or View Options. As someone who spends a lot of his life in iTunes and as such utterly despises it, any backward or de-beautifying step hurts.

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 20.15.54.png

Reactions: AdrianMK

r3volution11

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Updated to dev beta 5 and the dark mode service still doesn't work. I messaged the developer on twitter and he's still on old beta's himself. May have to wait a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.