Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I see, I think I'll just stick to 18G9323 and leave it as is for now, since everything else is running fine. @avz
The easiest way to do it I guess is to have a clean install of the 10.14.6(18G103) on a APFS partition just to see what updates system will offer you.
It is an interesting question regardless because when Mojave was a cutting edge people were installing every single update as it became available so it was never an issue.

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2021
need some help disabling SIP. I have a Late 2009 iMac which I installed Mojave onto using DosDude1’s patcher. Most things are working except for continuity (I upgraded the wifi/Bluetooth modules to a compatible one but it still doesn’t work). Anyways I’ve been trying various methods and notice that my SIP is enabled.

I am unable to boot to recover since I migrated to APFS and there is no recovery (just get circle with the cross when trying CMD+r on boot). I’ve tried putting the Installer USB in and booting to that, it says that SIP is disabled when I check but somehow it’s always enabled when i load back into the system normally.

Anyone have an idea on how I can disable SIP? I’m trying to force the Continuity Activation Tool to patch the Kexts to hopefully force Continuity/Handoff etc to work.

junoreactor

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2019
Since there's no description of it I can find anywhere...

What does the "recovery partition patch" of DosDude1's mojave patcher do?

amgff84

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019

I don’t know. I would assume it would allow you to use the recovery partition, but I was never able to get it to work. However, I never needed it.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia

HFS+ and APFS are different in terms of Recovery. I don't think dosdude1 have ever implemented a patch for an APFS recovery in his patcher, however a patch for the HFS+ has existed since Sierra patcher.

jacekkr

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
I have an iMac 10,1 (27inch Late 2009) with an ATI Radeon 4670, Boot ROM 215.0.0.0
Would like to update to Mojave.
Which is better Mojave Patcher or OpenCore Legacy Patcher?
Any preferences and why?

junoreactor

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2019
I don’t know. I would assume it would allow you to use the recovery partition, but I was never able to get it to work. However, I never needed it.

Don't hold me to this, but I believe that it modifies the recovery partition with the same patches used on the container with the macOS so that you can boot from it.

HFS+ and APFS are different in terms of Recovery. I don't think dosdude1 have ever implemented a patch for an APFS recovery in his patcher, however a patch for the HFS+ has existed since Sierra patcher.
Thanks for the clarification.
For the record:
- Installed Recovery Partition patch, also using APFS formatted drive
- Attempted to boot recovery on this MBP 8,1 --> "No" symbol.
So whatever it does, I guess it's not applicable to APFS, like @avz was saying.
--------
Now I've already messed up this patched install by doing "softwareupdate --install --force" and getting a Mojave Security Patch Update... (seemingly harmless).
Now let's hope that the patched-mojave-installer-pendrive can rescue this OS without wiping it...

Reactions: avz

internetzel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
I have an iMac 10,1 (27inch Late 2009) with an ATI Radeon 4670, Boot ROM 215.0.0.0
Would like to update to Mojave.
Which is better Mojave Patcher or OpenCore Legacy Patcher?
Any preferences and why?
I'd recommend the dosdude1 Mojave patcher, because it's officially supported for that purpose.
With OpenCore Legacy Patcher you'd be completely on your own and you would need to make manual adaptions to the OpenCore configuration.

Reactions: jacekkr

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I'd recommend the dosdude1 Mojave patcher, because it's officially supported for that purpose.
With OpenCore Legacy Patcher you'd be completely on your own and you would need to make manual adaptions to the OpenCore configuration.
I too would go with DD1, I have used OCLP on a 2011 iMac and it worked great but I that support was dropped after one of the version 2's I think.

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond

I too would go with DD1, I have used OCLP on a 2011 iMac and it worked great but I that support was dropped after one of the version 2's I think.
I think you guys may have OCLP mixed up with OpenCore. First, there are really no manual adaptions you need to make to OCLP, just choose your Mac and it will select the proper patches to install. Also, I've used OCLP to install macOS Monterey 12.4 (haven't felt the need to go to 12.6 yet) on my 2011 iMac and it's worked great.

internetzel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
I think you guys may have OCLP mixed up with OpenCore. First, there are really no manual adaptions you need to make to OCLP, just choose your Mac and it will select the proper patches to install. Also, I've used OCLP to install macOS Monterey 12.4 (haven't felt the need to go to 12.6 yet) on my 2011 iMac and it's worked great.
This thread here is about Mojave - and OCLP can automatically configure and install OpenCore correctly for Big Sur and later.
Before OCLP came up (targeting Big Sur and later) we had to configure and install OpenCore manually, similar to what needs to be done for Hackintoshes.

Reactions: pullman and jacekkr

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I did not confuse the 2, I have used both extensively on unsupported Macs (OCLP) and OC on Hacks. I used OCLP to boot Catalina on my 2011 for quite a while. One of the 0.2 versions had a setting in OCLP that enabled accelerated graphics for Mojave and Catalina on machines that DD1 didn't. That's why I used it on my 2011 iMac.

Last edited:

jpr281

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2019
Early 2011 MBP (8,1) running Mojave 10.14.6 trying to install Windows via Boot Camp and keep getting this error. I have tried several USB drive and they all show up fine on the desktop and I can open them, it's just that Boot Camp doesn't see them. Am I doing something wrong?

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.44.34 PM.png

jacekkr

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for the great advice. I have OCLP on one of my MacPro 5,1 and find it miraculous. Was just unsure about using it in the iMac when DosDue had built the specific patcher.

Adjacent

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2022
I'm unable to open Chrome or Discord or Chromium-based browsers/applications. I get no screen popping up but the icon shows in the dock.
Any advice? (on Macbook Pro 5,5)

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I'm unable to open Chrome or Discord or Chromium-based browsers/applications. I get no screen popping up but the icon shows in the dock.
Any advice? (on Macbook Pro 5,5)
Add it to the login items. Does it load upon login?

kintaro81

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
Hello I’m trying to update my MacBook pro 8,1
The issue is that when the installation start it stuck saying 29 minutes remaining.

Any idea? I already tried different usb drives.

If I reboot to try to boot my high sierra I get the “no” signal.

I have a backup on an external usb drive.

Edit:
After ages it seams it’s going forward. I’m going to update this post later. 🤞

Edit2:
Solved waiting :)

Last edited:

FlorisVN

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2013
what is the best way to remove all the dosdude1 patches for Mojave ?
I recently upgraded an 2011 iMac to Monterey using OCLP, but I want to get rid of all the patches.

I think they are in the way, after using the migrationa assistant, and re enabling root patches for OCLP.

Perhaps there is a hidden folder, or command to use to get rid of everything.. ?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse_Bassett

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2021
Inver Grove Heights, MN
hey all,
I am encountering a weird problem using DosDude1's mojave patcher on an iMac 9,1. It loads partway then stops. Is there a fix for this? My iMac is an early 2009 and it says on the site the patcher is compatible..

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
hey all,
I am encountering a weird problem using DosDude1's mojave patcher on an iMac 9,1. It loads partway then stops. Is there a fix for this? My iMac is an early 2009 and it says on the site the patcher is compatible..
Mojave runs fine on your 9,1.
Can you see what the verbose output shows as last lines of output? (Boot while holding cmd-v keys).
Also: Is the post-install patch applied? (After installing Mojave, instead of booting it you should first re-run the installer and use the patch option therein).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.