Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tomcatrr

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2020
Running DosDude patched Catalina on a mid-2011 MacBook Air. An odd thing is happening where it started rejecting/crashing apps on launch for bad code signatures. These are just fine on other machines. They include apps that ran a few weeks ago (it's been sitting being a backup machine.)
For now, I am reinstalling macOS patched. Any other ideas?
Try Big Sur, with Open Core legacy Patcher.

Reactions: makra

VETKA

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2023
Hello! I installed Catalina on 2011 Mac Mini. After installation, wi-fi stopped working. It opens, sees the network, but does not connect. What could be?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Got DosDude Catalina working in addition to High Sierra sharing a container on a MacBook Air mid 2011.

I want to migrate apps to the Catalina partition, but Migration Assistant crashes. Has anybody else have this happen?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Well, this used to work splendidly. But Catalina is now failing apps on Code Singing Check that are perfectly fine. Not all of them, but enough to be an issue. This used to work.
I suspect the Migration Assistant might have been running into this on restart.

gold333

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2010
Hey all, a bit late to the party.

Running Catalina 10.15.7 with Dosdude1 on a MBP 15 inch mid 2010 with SSD and 8GB.

Works very well. Only problem is that Netflix is giving the Silverlight error when trying to watch a video (Safari 15.6.1). Weird as both Catalina and this version of Safari are supported by Netflix. (Even supports Safari as old as 11)

I installed Silverlight using a Silverlight.dmg but the error persists.

Chrome runs Netflix fine.

Any advice on how to get Netflix to run on this Mac+ Safari? I don't want to use Chrome just for this

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I have a base model iMac 11,2. I currently am running on Catalina Patcher but people are suggesting that OCLP is better.

Where do I find a copy of the Catalina installer to use with OCLP as it only has the latter half of Big Sur and newer on the list of Servers on the download list???

Ps. my GPU is a non metal TeraScale 1 variant and cannot use most newer copies of MacOS. distortions.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Catalina is now failing apps on Code Singing Check that are perfectly fine.
Open terminal and type: codesign --remove-signature /Applications/appname.app (replace appname.app with an actual app) and relaunch the app. Do that for every app that fails with an invalid code signature. Problem solved.

benmuetsch

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2020
Hey all, a bit late to the party.

Running Catalina 10.15.7 with Dosdude1 on a MBP 15 inch mid 2010 with SSD and 8GB.

Works very well. Only problem is that Netflix is giving the Silverlight error when trying to watch a video (Safari 15.6.1). Weird as both Catalina and this version of Safari are supported by Netflix. (Even supports Safari as old as 11)

I installed Silverlight using a Silverlight.dmg but the error persists.

Chrome runs Netflix fine.

Any advice on how to get Netflix to run on this Mac+ Safari? I don't want to use Chrome just for this

Hi there, very late reply but just found your post. Unfortunately this won't work as your 2010 Macbook is too old to play HTML5 DRM content (regardless of OS / Safari version). See: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742

Quote: "Safari is supported on all 2012 or later Mac computers and some 2011 Mac computers"

Actually not even this as the 2012 Mac Pro can't play Netflix in Safari out of the box.

Using Chrome or Firefox will work just fine though.

avx6464

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
I NEED HELP: After I installed Catalina with dosdude1's patcher on MacBookPro5,5 (Mid 2009 MacBook Pro), I decided to remove Catalina, I deleted all the Catalina patcher related partitions and I'm left with only my El Capitan partition.

However, I now want to install windows on the computer with boot camp and it succeeded everything but when I restarted the computer and held option key, I don't see the USB drive being detected and instead, I see El Capitan, EFI Boot, and Recovery. I tried clicking on EFI Boot and what it does the Catalina patcher verbose thing but it boots straight to El Capitan instead of Catalina because I removed it. The USB works fine, and I've used it before with no issues. I also tried using other USB drives that i had lying around but that didn't fix it either. Please tell me if I'm in the wrong thread or not. Thanks.

Last edited:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
I NEED HELP: After I installed Catalina with dosdude1's patcher on MacBookPro5,5 (Mid 2009 MacBook Pro), I decided to remove Catalina, I deleted all the Catalina patcher related partitions and I'm left with only my El Capitan partition.

However, I now want to install windows on the computer with boot camp and it succeeded everything but when I restarted the computer and held option key, I don't see the USB drive being detected and instead, I see El Capitan, EFI Boot, and Recovery. I tried clicking on EFI Boot and what it does the Catalina patcher verbose thing but it boots straight to El Capitan instead of Catalina because I removed it. The USB works fine, and I've used it before with no issues. I also tried using other USB drives that i had lying around but that didn't fix it either. Please tell me if I'm in the wrong thread or not. Thanks.
What macOS version was running when you used Boot Camp Assistant?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
El Capitan
Remove the Catalina Patcher launcher from the EFI partition of your hard drive. Then go to a different thread for your Windows install problem.
Go into the Startup Manager (hold option at boot) without the USB connected. Then connect the USB. If it's detected and bootable then the Startup Manager should show one or more icons and names being added to the list of boot options.

avx6464

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
Remove the Catalina Patcher launcher from the EFI partition of your hard drive. Then go to a different thread for your Windows install problem.
Go into the Startup Manager (hold option at boot) without the USB connected. Then connect the USB. If it's detected and bootable then the Startup Manager should show one or more icons and names being added to the list of boot options.
how do i delete the launcher from the efi partition? it just boots into el capitan and it says El Capitan and BOOTCAMP in disk utility
or do i press esc while it does the verbose thing and type a command? if so then what should i type?

Last edited:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
how do i delete the launcher from the efi partition? it just boots into el capitan and it says El Capitan and BOOTCAMP in disk utility
or do i press esc while it does the verbose thing and type a command? if so then what should i type?
You need to mount the EFI partition then remove the files in the EFI partition that belong to the Catalina Patcher.

avx6464

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
You need to mount the EFI partition then remove the files in the EFI partition that belong to the Catalina Patcher.
Mounted it, i see 2 folders APPLE and BOOT and i found a file called apfs.efi, im assuming to delete apfs.efi?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Mounted it, i see 2 folders APPLE and BOOT and i found a file called apfs.efi, im assuming to delete apfs.efi?
Yes, there should be other files as well: bootx64.efi and startup.nsh
Before you delete BootX64.efi, verify that it matches the one at https://github.com/dosdude1/macos-c...talina Patcher/macOS Post Install/BOOTX64.efi
Or, if you mount the macOS Catalina Patcher.dmg, it should match the one at:
/Volumes/macOS\ Catalina\ Patcher/macOS\ Catalina\ Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/BOOTX64.efi
They have md5 = 082080109f0d31e7f53c1774a52feec2

rodrigomarrafao

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2009
I installed Catalina on a MacBook Pro mid 2009 and I'm not being able to sign in on Music and Apple TV app. It just closes the login dialog box when I input the password. Any guesses?

avx6464

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
Yes, there should be other files as well: bootx64.efi and startup.nsh
Before you delete BootX64.efi, verify that it matches the one at https://github.com/dosdude1/macos-catalina-patcher/blob/master/macOS Catalina Patcher/macOS Post Install/BOOTX64.efi
Or, if you mount the macOS Catalina Patcher.dmg, it should match the one at:
/Volumes/macOS\ Catalina\ Patcher/macOS\ Catalina\ Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/BOOTX64.efi
They have md5 = 082080109f0d31e7f53c1774a52feec2
Thanks, I have removed the efi boot from showing in the boot menu but the usb that boot camp put the windows installer in still doesnt get detected in the boot menu. i went to another thread for this.

Elgatilla

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2023
Hello, I have a MacBook Pro (13 inch, early 2011, 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 de doble núcleo and 16GB RAM) I running on it Mac Os Catalina 10.15.7, and I have a problem with the webcam, is working on facetime but it doesn't work in Skype, how can I fix it, if not, wich is the most recen OS that I can run in this MacBook with the less issues? Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.